Christmas Vacation 2013 -Day 1- Travel

thegirlyarwood

Earning My Ears
So we are visiting Orlando for the 6th time and probably the final time for a few years as we have been each year for the past few years.

This time we (DH and DSx2) are flying with US Airways indirectly via Philadelphia with a tight layover in Philly which has worried us a little for the past months. We stayed overnight at the Crowne Plaza in Manchester the night before and I must say this was ideal (lovely room and beds which is what you need the day before the journey).

The morning shuttle from the hotel collected us and dropped us at T2 promptly where we swiftly moved through check in and to security. No issues here either, other than the usual lengthy wait and hassle of removing practically all of your items for scanning before being able to enter departures.

The plane took off at 10:55 promptly with no concerns at all and the flight was amazing, absolutely nil turbulence whatsoever. Although I had to take medication to get me on board again - like Mr T - but the flight was the best I have EVER experienced. I have flown with BA, Virgin, Air Canada and United Airlines but US were great. Very attentive, excellent communication from the pilot and even with a very short layover in Philadelphia, there were in hiccups, none.....nada.

Customs at Philly took 15 mins to get through, bags were off and on again within 10 mins and we even had chance for a quick bite to eat before boarding the second leg of the journey.

When we arrived in Orlando, the fact that we did not have to go through the usual customs/border process was a godsend. Just straight to baggage claim and away. Awesome! Collected the car and we were on our way.

The first 6 days we will spend in Drury Inn near Universal and then we will move to Holiday Inn Downtown Disney. I will post more updates later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter