Chronic fatigue alias sleeping beauty

The ECV can go faster than the average person walking but I would not go faster then he can walk as you run the risk of running into people and that would not be fun. If he does not need one I would not get him one. this way if you want to walk some he could ride some. Also, only two ECV can go on a bus together and if someone else is waiting and he has an ECV too you will have to go to the park in a different bus or wait for another one. does not happen that often but it does, with one ECV your less likely to need to wait, and I know I would feel really bad if my boyfriend had an ECV and we were waiting for the bus and another ECV came and had to wait because my boy friend had an ECV when he did not really need one.

Please put your ECV IN YOUR ROOM. ( not yelling just making a point) I have had a too many people leaving there or a rented ECV out of there room and I have had a hard time getting in my room ( and I do not use an ECV or wheelchair) so for those people it would be harder, I have also seen a group of teen joy riding someone ECV they left it out every night in the hall way of the hotel I saw some teens on with it late one night the next day the people were looking for it, I was so annoyed they had left it out every night making it hard to get in my room I did nothing said nothing ( I really did not know where the teens left the ECV or really what they looked like so was not much help but I just did not care) point is to keep it in your room as there is enougth room for it, if need be you can have the table and chiar taken out to give you more room. and if you have a deluxe resort then there will be more then enough room.

If you can hold off on going for a few more years, DIsney is doing a lot for there 50 annivery you might want to go after the 50 as there will be a lot to do, you said that your health has gotten a lot better I would wait a year and just see how you are doing or go in two years and then go agin in two more years this way you can see some of the new things that will be in for the 50th anniversy but toy story land and maybe star wars land should be opend for your visits

gap2368; what a clever ideas. i means last time I went to WDW in 30years ago so I could wait a little bit more and go for their 50th anniversary. Thanks

gap2368; what a clever ideas. i means last time I went to WDW in 30years ago so I could wait a little bit more and go for their 50th anniversary. Thanks
Now you have me thinking you are being sarcastic I am sorry if I said wait a year or two hurt you but if I could only go once then I would want to do it after all the things for the 50 was out and not before

Now you have me thinking you are being sarcastic I am sorry if I said wait a year or two hurt you but if I could only go once then I would want to do it after all the things for the 50 was out and not before

gap2368; I’m a French Canadian , sorry if I picked the wrong words. No sarcastic intended. What I really means is that I wait so much I can wait a little bit more without any problem for the 50th anniversary. Sorry if I make you feel bad....really I love the ideas to wait a little bit more and have a execeptionnal experience

As someone who is diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue, the number one thing that helps me is to listen to my body. I know that it can be hard to do especially with all the excitement and stuff you want to do at someplace like Disney. However, my first trip I didn't take care of myself and I paid for it by the end of the trip. My last few trips I have done much better and been able to do SO much more!

Definitely get an ECV and utilize First Aid to rest. There are Minnie Vans that can take an ECV - not sure if this will still be going on in 2 years, but if it is, it would probably help.

For the resort - I would determine which park is top priority. EPCOT resorts are easy because you can go right in and either take the path or the boat to Hollywood Studios. Contemporary has a walking path direct to Magic Kingdom. The reason I say pick your top park is because it can take a good hour just in transportation/security/entrance to get from some of the hotels to the parks. Same with the return, especially if you need to wait for another bus with the ECV. If you are going with someone it may be beneficial to rent a car. I don't want to discourage you but just make you aware that the last 2 times we were down, Disney transportation was not really timely at all. It ended up being a detriment instead of a bonus.

The good thing is that you are two years away. A lot of time to plan and adapt as necessary.

Hello- I hope it’s okay for me to jump in and ask a tangential question- you mentioned a car was easier than busses...we are taking our second trip to WDW a are trying to decide between staying offsite and driving to whatever resort, parking, etc. or- staying on-site at a value and having to take bus. I have MS and like the OP, fatigue and stamina are a big issue for me. Are the busses something that might compound these issues IYO? Thank you so much

Then someone suggest the first aids facility for a quick nap maybe. When I don’t wait the last minute to rest I need a 45-60 minutes solid nap. And then I should be good to go for an other 2-3 hours. But again it may vary! Are we aloud to put a blanket in the grass and rest? Or any suggestions any one?

You do not want to take a nap in the grass in Florida - poisonous spiders, poisonous snakes, etc. Yes, even in the parks. There's also very little 'grass' at any of the parks.

Hello- I hope it’s okay for me to jump in and ask a tangential question- you mentioned a car was easier than busses...we are taking our second trip to WDW a are trying to decide between staying offsite and driving to whatever resort, parking, etc. or- staying on-site at a value and having to take bus. I have MS and like the OP, fatigue and stamina are a big issue for me. Are the busses something that might compound these issues IYO? Thank you so much

Buses by themselves shouldn't really impact your fatigue or stamina, but *waiting* for a bus (if you are someone who can't stand or walk for long periods of time) especially a Value Resort bus, could pose a problem.

Fatigue and stamina are best assisted by a wheelchair or ECV at WDW (yes that's a HUGE generalization, but overall one that has proven to be accurate) because they give you a place to sit and relax. There are very few benches at WDW now; virtually none at any bus stops (the exception being the bus shelters out at Fort Wilderness for the Loops, and I have noticed that the Deluxe and Moderate Resorts tend to have benches in their bus shelters as well) The Theme Park bus stations have no benches to speak of at all.

Staying onsite and using buses, the most stressful thing you might encounter is driving a mobility device on and off of a bus. If this bothers you, and you are able to walk, you can have another (adult) member of your party drive the device on board (or even push it up the ramp into the bus to be parked, or pushed down the ramp to disembark) and you can take a seat on the bus. Once you are used to driving on and off the bus, it's actually pretty easy. It becomes a non-event, and when you hear the beeping of the bus ramp in your dreams, it evokes a pleasant memory... LOL

Driving to and from the Parks is certainly an option, regardless of whether you are staying onsite or offsite. If you rent an ECV, you might want to consider that every time you move your car, you will have to disassemble/reassemble your rental ECV. Depending on what time of year you go, this may have to happen in a 95 degree parking lot over hot black asphalt, or it may have to happen in the rain.

I personally don't drive (we stay onsite) at WDW because in the past we found that by the time we got to the car, got out of the parking lot, drove across property, found another parking spot, and walked (well, I drove my ECV) to where we were going... we could have just taken the bus, and let Disney do the driving.

Once again - whatever you decide must be what is right for you. I can tell you what *I* do all day long, and some it might be very helpful, and other parts might not work for you at all. That's fine. Taking time to think through what will be least stressful and make your vacation as fun and easy as possible will pay off once you get to WDW.

I'm going to jump in here with a little about the buses.

I believe that the buses help.

I have lupus and RA, and like you and the OP fatigue and stamina are big problems.

I have a Buzzaround EX. To load it into the car, my husband has to take it apart, load it, then at our destination, unload it and put it back together. Now, it is pretty light and it is certainly easy to put together. BUT, think about it. If we drove to the park, he would have to do that in the morning, putting it into the car. Then again every evening getting it back to the room for charging. Every single day. And if we park hopped, we would need to add that into the mix.

When we take the bus. I pull out of our room, sit on "Betsy" while we wait, pull onto the bus, park her, and transfer to a seat. There is no time that I need to stand for any length of time. When we arrive at the park, I wait until "Betsy" is released from the seat belt, then I pull her off, and we are off to the park.

So, for me, there isn't much difference. I can be seated most of the time, either way. But for my traveling companion, there is a big difference.

Now, we do sometimes have to wait for the bus. But with advance planning, we generally avoid the long waits. We don't head out to the parks for opening/rope drop. And we don't leave the parks right after the fireworks. We either leave well before then or well after.

All of that for this. Buses are a personal decision. Some here will tell you that they are awful and you should avoid them like the plague. Others will tell you that they use them exclusively. I am one that uses the buses.

Disney has just started a new transportation service called “Minnie Vans”. It’s like Uber. At this time it cost $20 per ride.
And it’s not available at all resorts yet.
But if it works out it should be available all over property in two years.
The Minnie Vans would allow you to get a ride directly from the park you are visiting right to your resort.
So you may want to build this into your budget.

Disney has just started a new transportation service called “Minnie Vans”. It’s like Uber. At this time it cost $20 per ride.
And it’s not available at all resorts yet.
But if it works out it should be available all over property in two years.
The Minnie Vans would allow you to get a ride directly from the park you are visiting right to your resort.
So you may want to build this into your budget.
Not sure I know where I saw this or if I am imagining things but did the cost go up to $25 one way?

I have some health issues that cause serious fatigue and for people that don’t have that in particular it’s hard to explain but I have never had a issue using the bed in the first aid areas, they are really accommodating and it would take so much less time out of your day then leaving and going back .
I can be fine one minute and be sitting up and fall asleep or get so tired that I can get terribly cranky and irritated pretty fast.That type of tired can be physically painful . I also don’t bother renting scooters .. I work out , I’m in good shape and can get around and “ not walking “ really does not make the fatigue any better or worse ... it’s not the same as walking and getting tired . Good luck , definitely try the first aid areas before going through the hassle of coming and going just for a nap . :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts