Cinderella castle refurbishment

Well I think that looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it all completed. 😀
I agree that it looks pretty nice. I'm a CA local and I love the way the refurbishment of Disneyland's castle turned out. I have faith that they'll do well out in Orlando, too.

Admittedly, I am a bit more disappointed because I really liked the white and blue color scheme. I felt like the differences in color choices separated the two castles quite a bit, and this feels a bit more same-y.

We are going in July and bought a MK dessert party, primarily for the fireworks views. I think if this impacts the projections on the castle, I may cancel the party.

I am not forming an opinion until I see it completed. It could go either way, from tacky to terrific. It all depends on the actual execution of the plans and how close they come to the artist rendering. I am hoping the color palate will be slightly different to DL and other parks, just because I think having different castles is nice, but it will definitely weather in the sun, so even if the colors match at first, ours will fade.

They could be doing another birthday cake. 🤢

It would be nice to keep each castle unique but I really like the proposed color scheme.

There was a time, not all that long ago where this wouldn't have been allowed because it's "Bad Show". Maintenance was always at night.

Guess that doesn't matter in today's Disney.

There was a time, not all that long ago where this wouldn't have been allowed because it's "Bad Show". Maintenance was always at night.

Guess that doesn't matter in today's Disney.
This isn't something that can be completed all just over night. No matter how they do this they are going to have castle view interruptions. They could put up scaffolding with a giant scrim to cover it but people would complain then too. At least with this they can operate the nighttime shows just as normal because the lifts are down.

This isn't something that can be completed all just over night. No matter how they do this they are going to have castle view interruptions. They could put up scaffolding with a giant scrim to cover it but people would complain then too. At least with this they can operate the nighttime shows just as normal because the lifts are down.
Sorry, there are ways to minimize the impact. Scrims are one but the biggest thing they can do is paint at night and take the cherry pickers down during the day. Active maintenance, not screened, in full view of guests is "bad show".

No you can't please everybody. I know everyone wants that one of a lifetime picture in front of Cinderella castle with a painter and a cherry picker in the background.

Sorry, there are ways to minimize the impact. Scrims are one but the biggest thing they can do is paint at night and take the cherry pickers down during the day. Active maintenance, not screened, in full view of guests is "bad show".

No you can't please everybody. I know everyone wants that one of a lifetime picture in front of Cinderella castle with a painter and a cherry picker in the background.
Yesterday was only day one and the lifts were down around 3PM so still plenty of time to get a castle photo before the sun goes down and at night.

We will agree to disagree, Ryan.

The difference here is I want to Traditions (and not the quickie version of Traditions they have now) and listened to the company philosophy back then. The company had a very different idea of guest show and satisfaction then than they have now.

We will agree to disagree, Ryan.

The difference here is I want to Traditions (and not the quickie version of Traditions they have now) and listened to the company philosophy back then. The company had a very different idea of guest show and satisfaction then than they have now.
I don’t disagree with that. I just think this is a very large project that you can’t hide. This is more than some simple paint.

I don’t disagree with that. I just think this is a very large project that you can’t hide. This is more than some simple paint.

IMO, No way WDW is not shut down in short order. Too many dominoes falling from schools, to flights to state emergencies, and other recreational activities. So at least then Disney can paint like mad and work on some of the maintenance issues that are difficult to address in a park that is usually open every single day.

Agree with your statement.
And adding...
IMO, No way WDW is not shut down in short order. Too many dominoes falling from schools, to flights to state emergencies, and other recreational activities. So at least then Disney can paint like mad and work on some of the maintenance issues that are difficult to address in a park that is usually open every single day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter