Cinderella castle refurbishment

Are they going to paint the whole castle pink? I just saw an image of the new pink paint job that's in progress and honestly, I think it looks terrible. It doesn't go with the dark blue turret roofs at all.

Are they going to paint the whole castle pink? I just saw an image of the new pink paint job that's in progress and honestly, I think it looks terrible. It doesn't go with the dark blue turret roofs at all.
I didn't care for the Disneyland castle paint scheme. I fear Disney World's will be similar.

At this point, I don’t care if they paint the castle purple and orange. I just don’t want my vacation in June to be cancelled because of this pandemic.

I just want everyone to be healthy and safe.

I just want people to survive.

I just want life to get back to normal.

Please God, make it so.

We were at the Magic Kingdom last Thursday. You could see where they had painted and it was a big improvement in our opinion. The areas that were untouched look very old and faded. They had only started a little area of pink. I think it's going to look great and wish I could have seen it finished in person!

I'd like to think places like Instagram have maybe a more general guest viewpoint than here where maybe the views are those of more hard core disney fans!

Well... on Instagram the new colours are not popular. At all!
Yup. I think this color scheme worked astoundingly on Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland, but only because it's so small and needed a bit of an extra 'pop' for emphasis.

The draw for Cinderella Castle is its scale and finer details. Having bright, saturated colors on such a massive structure really sticks out and also takes away from the castle's subtleties.

Yup. I think this color scheme worked astoundingly on Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland, but only because it's so small and needed a bit of an extra 'pop' for emphasis.

The draw for Cinderella Castle is its scale and finer details. Having bright, saturated colors on such a massive structure really sticks out and also takes away from the castle's subtleties.

Yeah I think it’s color scheme will be a flop in the long run. And in 20 years will be on the Magic Kingdom mistakes YouTube lists.

It’s garish when it doesn’t need to be. To me Cinderella Castle should be regal and elegant.

Last edited:
Eh. Wait until you see it in person, especially as time goes on. I have zero stake in the castle color, but the reaction reminds me of every single format update to Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Reddit/etc. They're all universally hated and then in a couple days people are fine with it and in a few weeks everyone likes it well enough that they get pissed off the next time it's redesigned. I think either way you have to wait until you walk into MK to get a real impression of what it looks like.

Eh. Wait until you see it in person, especially as time goes on. I have zero stake in the castle color, but the reaction reminds me of every single format update to Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Reddit/etc. They're all universally hated and then in a couple days people are fine with it and in a few weeks everyone likes it well enough that they get pissed off the next time it's redesigned. I think either way you have to wait until you walk into MK to get a real impression of what it looks like.
I've seen the color scheme in Disneyland. I just don't think it translates well to a 200-foot castle. That could certainly change when I see it in person, but right now I don't see it working for me.

I've seen the color scheme in Disneyland. I just don't think it translates well to a 200-foot castle. That could certainly change when I see it in person, but right now I don't see it working for me.

I saw the beginning of it in person in late February. It’s as over powering in person as it is in pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter