Cinderella's castle Kiss Goodnight ?

LeanneC

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me more about this? I have heard this refers to the changing colors of Cinderella's castle at park closing time. I would really like to try to capture some pictures of this on our trip in early May.

Is this something I would only see on an Eride night?

Also, would appreciate any photography tips for some nice clear night time pictures of the castle. I have a Canon SLR camera.

You're correct, it does refer to the Castle changing colors and sort of twinkling at you. Some people include the whole fireworks show in their description of the Kiss Goodnight.

We had no problem getting excellent pictures of the Castle changing colors with our digital camera and we're the sort of folks who need Picture Taking For Dummies. I think we have a nighttime setting on the camera, and just used that.

You'll see the Kiss Goodnight every night, as well as on an E-night, at regular closing time. If memory serves, the Castle continued to change colors through at least the first part of our E-night. I can't quite remember if it stayed that way throughtout the evening or if it went back to it's regular lighting.

My view of what the Kiss Goodnight is.....

A couple times during the late late part of the night (at or a little after offical park closeing). The castle will go dark and an audio soundtrack will come over the Main St. PA system with an recoarding thanking the guests for comeing and then it would play some music witht he lights on the castle changeing with the castle. And then the PA would stop and the castle would go back through its normal rotation of color changes.

I never new this was called the Goodnight kiss but We've been once a year since i was 2 in 91. I only remember scince i was 4 and every time i remember watching the castle change colors. I no this 4 a fact because every year at sun down we have a hotdog at Casey's Corner and watch it change blue pink green with the stage lighting they have hidden. i no it's cinderella's castle but I think it has something to do with the 3 magic faries in sleeping beauty . NE way it does look at dusk.
:bounce: :jester: :bounce:

Technically, the castle changing colors is not the kiss goodnight. At the end of each evening, Mickey stands on the front of the Main St. train station platform and wishes everyone a good night. That is the new MK kiss. Previously, the Kiss was the recorded announcement and any show elements associated with it, but the castle starts changing colors at dusk, and that alone is not the kiss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter