Cindy's Breakfast question

chop456

DIS Veteran
Do most little ones dress up for the princess breakfast? My DD has a Cinderella costume and was wondering if I should pack it. How about the other Character Dining locations - do people dress according to who will be at the meal?

As the mother of 2 boys, I say go for the Cindrella costume! ;)
But really, I dont think she would look out of place dressed up or in regular clothes. It can really go either way. Do what makes her happy and comfortable.
The only other Character Meals Ive been to are Chef Mickeys & Donalds, and Ive never seen anyone dressed up there.

When I did Cindy with my kids we saw a handful of girls dressed up. We were in casual clothes because my girls were too young at the time but wefit in fine I know this time we are going to bring ourdress up for Princess Storybook and Cindy's Gala. You won't look out of place at all! She will look cute and get attention I am sure! So have some fun with it!
Steph

Definitely have them were the costume!!

When our DD was young we purchased one of those princess cone hats with the veil hanging from the top point of the cone.... they sell them at the MK.... she wore it everyday and everynight that trip. Even brought it back with her the next trip!!!

I didn't bring the dress the last 2 years-wanted to pack light. But I will have it this year even if I have to mail it to the resort. In Jan she wore a Cinderella long sleeve T shirt. She was wearing a sweatshirt because is was so COLD but she made sure to take it off before Cindy go to the table. She's still beleives they are real but she's asking questions. I'm hoping she'll hold on believing until October.

I know alot of little ones dress up as a princess for the meals. You might want to consider bringing extra clothes to change into after the meal. It can get hot in the costumes all day.

We have PS for the PSB Breakfast at Epcot for the end of July. I have planned for DDs (5 & 2 yrs old) to wear matching dresses - from Disney Store, bright colorful(pink, yellow, etc) jumpers with Disney Princess on them. I am thinking of getting them princess tiaras - Cinderella & Belle to wear during the breakfast. That way they are princesses without having to get all dressed up.

BTW Big Lots has the tiara/crowns for $4.99. Also the Dollar Tree has ribbons rings w/bow that sit on their heads and has veil on the back, I might get those instead(easier to carry around).

My 5yr old got that princess cone hat w/veil last summer. I'll have to remember to pack it for this trip.

Enjoy:D

If you're dd wants to wear it, go for it!! They're only little once!! My dd wore hers to all of the princess breakfasts we've gone to (her Belle and Cinderella costumes). I just bring a jumbo ziplock and flatten it out when she changes and it fits nicely in the bottom of the stroller basket.

Yes there are a handful of dd's who wear them, but what other place to feel right "in" with them on than at the character breakfasts. I've seen little ones in Minnie Mouse costumes too. I'm with that all the way!! Just adds to that "magic":p

We did a lot of character meals with her, and MNSSHP. She got to dress up as Cindy (2X), Belle, Snow White, Pooh, Minnie, and Tink. The breakfast vouchers and DD1 free helped a lot. This year, we are cutting down slightly the number of character meals. She will be: Sleeping Beauty, Cindy, Minnie, Pooh (if we can stretch her costumes on her one more time). I lucked out at the DS last year with the infant costumes on clearance, since we went in Oct right before Halloween. We celebrate her birthday at the meals, so dressing up is an extra part of the fun. Last year we took the crowns, shoes, and wands that went with each costume. You'd be surprised how many costumes can fit in a medium space bag! I fit all the crowns into one plastic DS wig container. The wands were wrapped in plastic in my carryon. This year, we will skip the matching shoes and wands. I think I will still take the crowns, though! Go for it! The pictures are priceless!

We had the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare in June and saw the cutest thing ever - a little girl dressed as Cinderella but it was Cinderella in her "before" dress, as in before the fairy godmother came. It was a very simple skirt with a ragged hem line and matching top and a little brown kerchief on her head. She looked like she was ready to scrub the palace floors! Honestly, it was the cutest thing, and so original! I'm sure she was also much more comfortable than a lot of the girls in their princess dresses, especially if she had been in the parks prior to dinner.
Anyway, I loved seeing all the little princesses. If my dd, now almost 17, were little again you can be we'd be doing the whole "dress up for the princesses" thing. Actually, she'd do it now if she could find one to fit!

my SON dresses up for the Princesses meal, of course not as a Princess but as a Prince.
He loves dressing up because he gets so much attention not just from the Princesses but the wait staff too.

It is so cool. We brought a Prince Philip outfit at the DisneyStore last year, lucky it still fit me this year (barely! LOL)

We won't go to WDW again for at least 2 years, he will be almost 7 years old. I don't think I will be able to get him to dress up again, so it was nice while it lasted!

If your daughter wants to, then I say Good for it. It is really fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter