Circumpolar Race Around the World (CRAW)

We’re in Panama! So close

oh wait, 11 regions to go after this

I am not getting many miles in while in Seattle for work. I did have two nice runs the last two mornings with temps at about 55-60. Hoping to get a few miles over the weekend but we have been working 12-14 hour days :(

Did 10 miles this AM at 56 degrees and no humidity, it was almost unreal how nice that is. This is definitely the time of year I love New England

Week 6 Update

Well, we made it to Panama, the last country in Region 1! During the week, we accomplished the following:
  • Completed our run through Costa Rica (Saturday)
  • Completed 90% of Region 1 (Sunday)
  • Admitted that we had a mileage posting problem (first step of the recovery process)
We should cross the halfway point in Panama sometime tomorrow, and most importantly, we should complete Region 1 this week (most likely on Saturday). This brings up a couple things as we close in on the first of many interim finish lines:
  • Please ensure you have registered for Region 2 (so far, I see that @Dopey 2020, @GuinnessRunner, @kbenson13, @Krandor, and @opusone have registered)
  • Continue to post mileage to Region 1 (make sure it does not say Region 2 at the top when you are posting miles), and please post every day this week as we don't want to go over the required mileage (i.e. we want to switch over to Region 2 the minute we complete 2,512 miles in Region 1, but this will take some coordination). In fact, as we get close to the end of Region 1, let's use the team conversation thread to keep each other updated on our running plans (again, we will most likely finish sometime on Saturday, so maybe we should start communicating closely on Friday, so we make sure we know what each other is about to do/post)
Based on the mileage posted as of midnight last night (end of the week), we have a total of 2,276 miles completed. The prediction model is showing that we should finish Region 1 on 10/16 (Friday), but given that the model assumes we run the same average daily mileage every day, we likely won't finish until 10/17 (Saturday) as our mileage is understandably weighted to the weekends. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model is right at 1 year 6 months based on our average daily team mileage (55.0 miles per day).

For those who do have mileage to post (through yesterday), please try to post before midnight tonight (Monday) such that you get full credit.

Progress2020-10-11.png

Week 6 Update

Well, we made it to Panama, the last country in Region 1! During the week, we accomplished the following:
  • Completed our run through Costa Rica (Saturday)
  • Completed 90% of Region 1 (Sunday)
  • Admitted that we had a mileage posting problem (first step of the recovery process)
We should cross the halfway point in Panama sometime tomorrow, and most importantly, we should complete Region 1 this week (most likely on Saturday). This brings up a couple things as we close in on the first of many interim finish lines:
  • Please ensure you have registered for Region 2 (so far, I see that @Dopey 2020, @GuinnessRunner, @kbenson13, @Krandor, and @opusone have registered)
  • Continue to post mileage to Region 1 (make sure it does not say Region 2 at the top when you are posting miles), and please post every day this week as we don't want to go over the required mileage (i.e. we want to switch over to Region 2 the minute we complete 2,512 miles in Region 1, but this will take some coordination). In fact, as we get close to the end of Region 1, let's use the team conversation thread to keep each other updated on our running plans (again, we will most likely finish sometime on Saturday, so maybe we should start communicating closely on Friday, so we make sure we know what each other is about to do/post)
Based on the mileage posted as of midnight last night (end of the week), we have a total of 2,276 miles completed. The prediction model is showing that we should finish Region 1 on 10/16 (Friday), but given that the model assumes we run the same average daily mileage every day, we likely won't finish until 10/17 (Saturday) as our mileage is understandably weighted to the weekends. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model is right at 1 year 6 months based on our average daily team mileage (55.0 miles per day).

For those who do have mileage to post (through yesterday), please try to post before midnight tonight (Monday) such that you get full credit.

View attachment 531742

Thanks for the update! I will definitely be registering for Region 2 - I just don't see the need to give them my money extra early. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter