Cleaning Cindy's face HELP

Haigrlhaiii

Earning My Ears
I just bought the rags Cinderella doll and see a flaw on her face. She has a blue dot on her chin and a little brown smudge underneath her chin. What's the safest way to remove it? Or is the staining likely to be permanent? Tia!

You could try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser but be very careful, as you could easily remove paint that’s supposed to be there. MCME is a very fine abrasive (think sandpaper but softer).

I believe it should also be safe to use acetone but I would try MCME first just because acetone is harsher, and if you touch something accidentally, it will strip the paint off.

Nice suggestion on the Mr. Clean eraser ... BUT ... test whatever you use on a small area that is not easily seen ... that way if the effort goes south, there won't be a wicked blemish on her face. However ... if you bought this as an older collectible ... you may want to do NOTHING. Collectors accept that wear and age happen and even add a patina to the piece. Good Luck

if you bought this as an older collectible ... you may want to do NOTHING. Collectors accept that wear and age happen and even add a patina to the piece. Good Luck
The initial post states that they bought the Rags Cinderella, which was just released 2/15/2020.

The magic eraseris a good suggestion. Nothing more abrasive than that. The magic eraseris really a micro-abrasive or even a polish. Another option is one of those white pencil eraser, not a gummy erasure either. The classic red erasercan stain and smear.

If it is a smudge of something, a cotton cloth dampened with mild dish detergent. Or a swab with rubbing alcohol. Dab at the area, straight in and out, and check to see if any was lifted by the swab. repeat with fresh swabs.

Use acetone at great risk. It is likely to smear any paint it touches and may deform the plastic itself.

Check out some thing called a crepe eraser. If you’ve ever scrapbooked it’s basically the same thing that they use to get old adhesive off of the back of photos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!