Sent to ROFR: 4/27
Passed ROFR: 5/29
Closing docs received: 6/6
Closing docs returned: 6/6
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:

Our first contract. So excited! :)

Closing documents were received only a week after the long rofr period. Feels like we're finally making some progress.

We're still going to miss the 7 month booking window for our January trip though :sad1:

January may still be easy to book though. We passed ROFR 6 days before you and still don’t have closing docs. :sad2:

This is awesome. We passed ROFR the same day as you but we are still “patiently” awaiting closing docs.

Good luck, I hope you get them soon. My closing agent indicates that my closing date is 6/18, so I don't need to FedEx paperwork and check. I was hoping it would close sooner, but now I am not sure.

January may still be easy to book though. We passed ROFR 6 days before you and still don’t have closing docs. :sad2:

This process is designed to challenge the most patient of us! You think you are finally making progress when you walk right into a brick wall… good luck!

Unfortunately the bungalows are 160 points a night at the end of July! But a CCV cabin is 121 for a weeknight....

Well ...okay !:rotfl2:

I guess a CCV cabin will have to do ;)

Should we pack now or maybe wait ?!:confused3

Wait, what, kboo is hosting a resale purchase is finally over pajama party at a CCV cabin the end of July - let me check SW flights from the west coast :)

Maybe the plane could stop in San Antonio and pick me up on the way!:cool1:

Seriously @kboo I hope all goes well with closing.:thumbsup2

Home: Polynesian
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 4/04
Offer accepted: 4/05
Sent to ROFR: 4/09
Passed ROFR: 5/1
Closing docs received: 5/15
Closing docs returned: 5/21
Seller returned closing docs: 5/22
Closing: 5/29
Deed recorded: 5/29
Account showing new contract: 6/04
Points in my account: 6/08 (could be earlier)

UPDATED
Home: AKV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 4/20/18
Offer Accepted: 4/20/18
Sent to ROFR: 4/24/18
Passed ROFR: 5/11/18
Closing docs received: 5/17/18
Closing docs returned: 5/23/18
Closing: 5/24/18
Deed recorded: 5/25/18
Points in my account: 6/5/18

Probably bumped up the account creation because I purchase 75 points direct and they needed my resale to come in so the direct points could be purchased. (AKV Dec waitlist was 4 days)

Our Deed Recorded 5/24 and I'm still waiting! Makes me want to go and buy direct and cancel on them to see if it speeds things up LOL

Yay! Something finally happened!

Home: AKV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer Made: 4/25/18
Offer Accepted: 4/26/18
Sent to ROFR: 4/27/18
Passed ROFR: 5/17/18
Closing docs received: 6/8/18
Closing docs returned: 6/8/18
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

A few more steps to go but at least we're moving along now! :smickey:

Seriously, why wouldn't a seller want to sign and return the closing documents ASAP so they get paid faster?? Sure, there might be situations where illness/accidents prevent it. But it seems to occur way more often than can be plausibly attributed to"unforeseen emergencies".
:bored:

UPDATED - 91 Days to Completion

Home: AUL
Offer made: 3/12
Offer accepted: 3/13
Sent to ROFR: 3/16
Passed ROFR: 4/23
Closing docs received: 4/26
Closing docs returned: 4/27
Seller returned closing docs: 5/23
Closing: 5/23
Deed recorded: 5/25
Points in my account: 6/11

Seriously, why wouldn't a seller want to sign and return the closing documents ASAP so they get paid faster?? Sure, there might be situations where illness/accidents prevent it. But it seems to occur way more often than can be plausibly attributed to"unforeseen emergencies".
My first contract had divorcing sellers and it took awhile to get both to sign & notorize the documents and send them back. Seemed the wife was dragging her feet - who knows why.
Sometimes financial circumstances are such that the seller has to bring money to the table depending on if they owe on the contract, are behind in dues and the amount realized is lower than what’s owed + commission.
Some people are just not very concerned w/ deadlines.

I have one that has passed 2 months since my money and contract were delivered to the title company. I have been contacting the title company and the brokerage regularly. Best I can figure it is a combination of seller's age/life situation and the title company not being helpful/responsive that have driven numerous long delays. I am told it should close this week. I will post the info when it finally happens.

Updated: we are DONE!!!!
Offer accepted to points in account: about a month and a half

Making some progress here! I'm in no hurry because we aren't planning our next trip until August 2019, but we are also going to WDW soon, and it would have been nice for my husband and I to have our date night at the Top of the World to celebrate. Oh well - next time! Definitely won't have a membership # when we head down on June 24th.

Home: SSR
Offer made: 4/30
Offer accepted: 4/30
Sent to ROFR: 5/11
Passed ROFR: 5/23
Closing docs received: 6/8
Closing docs returned: 6/11
Seller returned closing documents: 6/12
Closing: 6/14
Deed recorded: 6/15
Points in Account: 6/21

Thanks again to everyone on this board - it has really helped with expectations.

Last edited:
Our deed recorded on 5/24 and still haven't heard anything from Disney.

Question: Do we get our account info via email or regular mail?

Our deed recorded on 5/24 and still haven't heard anything from Disney.

Question: Do we get our account info via email or regular mail?
regular snail mail, you can call member admin (MA) - option 2 on the phone system, and they may be able to get you set up now.

regular snail mail, you can call member admin (MA) - option 2 on the phone system, and they may be able to get you set up now.
Thank you! I'll give it a shot...the deed shows a typod mailing address and I'm worried they sent it there despite the title company supposedly correcting it with Disney.

Home: BWV
Brokerage: Fidelity
Offer made: 3/8
Offer accepted:3/8
Sent to ROFR: 3/13
Passed ROFR: 3/29 (3/28 on the rofr waiver on the recorders site)
Closing docs received: 4/11
Closing docs returned: 4/12
Check delivered: 4/16
Seller returned (title company accepted) closing docs: 6/8
Closing:6/12
Deed recorded: 6/12
Points in account:

My understanding is the seller is aging, had to deal with selling multiple properties at the same time, is the primary care giver for his spouse (co-owner) with power of attorney for her all at the same time. He did all business without a computer and had several second and third attempts to meet the needs/standards of title company (for my protection in the long run). Additionally between each round, several days/weeks were lost in communication (or lack thereof) between the seller and the title company. I am not sure who gets most the blame for the slowness, but I am just happy it is finally done. In the middle of it all, I had the seller bank the 2017 Oct UY points (5/31 date) because it was taking so long. Time will tell if that worked. In general, once I involved Fidelity in the communications, things got better and I was more relaxed. Before that, all I got was "we are waiting on the seller's documents and will let you know when they arrive" for 4 weeks. I was nervous the seller was backing out.

Yay I finally get to play on this thread!

Home: Saratoga Springs
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/4
Offer accepted: 5/4
Sent to ROFR: 5/7
Passed ROFR: 5/30
Closing docs received: 6/11
Closing docs returned: 6/12
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

One question, where do I go look to see the deed recorded, and how would I search for it?

Yay I finally get to play on this thread!

Home: Saratoga Springs
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 5/4
Offer accepted: 5/4
Sent to ROFR: 5/7
Passed ROFR: 5/30
Closing docs received: 6/11
Closing docs returned: 6/12
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

One question, where do I go look to see the deed recorded, and how would I search for it?
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter