Club 33 pricing announced-open to Golden Oaks residents first

I've just submitted my letter of interest for the WDW Club 33. I live in San Diego and am curious how many times a year any out of state members visit the Club? I travel to Orlando about 6 times a year for a week at a time, and I'm wondering if the Club administration would frown on someone who wouldn't dine at the Club more frequently.
Unlike Disneyland's Club 33, there is no formal dining at WDW Club 33. It is a series of lounges.
I wonder if golden oaks residents get guest access to club 33. at the least I'd hope they can jump the line.
They were offered first chances at WDW Club 33 back when it was first forming. I think they would have first option still. But it is currently 1 member out, 1 member in I believe..
It's been about ten since I submitted mine (DL). I'm not holding my breath waiting for an "invitation."
DL has been on boarding members recently, so you never know.

There are definitely out of state members. I think that's part of the consideration when joining, if you get the opportunity. How often will you be there to take advantage of the benefits and events?

I currently go every other month from September though April for about a week at a time. I avoid summers due to the humidity. I'm self-employed so could see myself going monthly during those months should I become a member. I think the problem with membership will be the reference letters. I'm very private and I don't like people to know my income. Asking someone for a letter of reference opens up to doors to 'You have the money for that?' or "Isn't that just frivolous?" type of comments that I don't want to deal with. But from what it sounds like, I have at least a few years to figure that out...

I wasn’t asked to provide any reference letters in the membership process. I didn’t go back and read through the thread - was this mentioned as a prerequisite by a current member?

I wasn’t asked to provide any reference letters in the membership process. I didn’t go back and read through the thread - was this mentioned as a prerequisite by a current member?
They do not ask for references. They know everything they want/need to know already in your Magic File and the internet. Disney like other companies such as target collect thousands of data points on each customer. They do not ask questions about wealth or otherwise and members appear to come from varied walks of life, ages, etc. but of course you must be able to swing the dues annually.

As for referrals, both clubs have a list of member referrals. If you really want to join, a member(s) referral(s) is how you’re gonna get the best chance, presumably* (again, no one knows the inner workings) now that all clubs are full expect for non-renewals.

How often to go to make it worth it is totally subjective. Our kids will have only gone twice this member year for us but I have been several. For me, it’s the lack of planning required that makes it worth it to me whether I got twice or 10 can but it’s certainly never more frequent than that.

I believe when Club 33 first opened (at WDW), members received a certain number of fast passes whenever they were in the parks. With the changeover from FP+ to Genie+, do Club 33 members receive access to Genie+ when they are in the parks on the tickets that are included in their membership?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter