Club 33 pricing announced-open to Golden Oaks residents first

Guest privileges at WDW are very different than at DL, so while there are more lounges at WDW, it may actually end up proving to be easier to get in to DL as a guest!

Just to clarify, when you say “easier to get in to DL as a guest,” do you mean DL’s Club 33 as a guest?

Yes I’m sure that’s the meaning there. Wdw clubs are not as open for bringing guests as DL. It’s more intended for the actual members to enjoy
I think that makes sense, in that it sounds like the in DL they had a ton of freedom on that front. But I can tell you that if we can't bring my sister, her finance and maybe her fiancé's 2 kids with us on occasion, we wouldn't join if offered. I guess we'll see.

I think that makes sense, in that it sounds like the in DL they had a ton of freedom on that front. But I can tell you that if we can't bring my sister, her finance and maybe her fiancé's 2 kids with us on occasion, we wouldn't join if offered. I guess we'll see.
From what I understand, bringing guests into the lounges is possible, but not guaranteed. I can see both sides of this. As a member, you would want to be able to bring and entertain guests and family. But given that the lounges have a limited capacity, it would be hard to swallow if a member could not get into a lounge because it was full of guests. Just like everything else it's a fine line, and my guess is that Disney will actively manage it to try to keep everyone happy. But my guess would be that during peak times bringing guests might not be an option.

I have been on the DL list for 6 years but finally got the first email for WDW and I wonder a couple things: Ultimately, my interest is in DL since we are West Coast. We do own DVC at both VGF and Aulani and have carried Premier passes for a few years. So we would use the 33. And if we put the initiation aside the Premier Passes amount to have of the annual dues. BUT does anyone feel like maybe in the future they would offer a reciprocity for DL members/WDW? Like once a year even? Do you feel like making it to WDW 33 would help if ones DL 33 number ever gets called?

Last edited:

I have been on the DL for 6 years but finally got the first email for WDW and I wonder a couple things. Ultimately, my interest in in DL since we are West Coast. We do one DVC at oth VGF and Aulani and have carried Premier passes for a few years. So we would use the 33. And if we put the initiation aside the Premier Passes amount to have of the annual dues. BUT does anyone feel like maybe in the future they would offer a reciprocity for DL members/WDW? Like once a year even? Do you feel like making it to WDW 33 would help if ones DL 33 number ever gets called?
I don't think it will hurt, and it certainly shows willing if your DL number ever does get called. But I very much doubt they will provide reciprocity. That doesn't even seem likely between the various WDW incarnations.

I don't think it will hurt, and it certainly shows willing if your DL number ever does get called. But I very much doubt they will provide reciprocity. That doesn't even seem likely between the various WDW incarnations.
I do wonder though if DL 33s want to visit WDW that they’d want to use the facilities and maybe that could lead to some kind of policy. Even if it’s once a year or even a decade I’d be thrilled. I think it would have to be initiated that direction though bexuase if course WDW 33s would jump at a chance to use at DL even once.

I do wonder though if DL 33s want to visit WDW that they’d want to use the facilities and maybe that could lead to some kind of policy. Even if it’s once a year or even a decade I’d be thrilled. I think it would have to be initiated that direction though bexuase if course WDW 33s would jump at a chance to use at DL even once.
Because the 2 programs are so vastly different, I don't see this happening.

The two are completely separate entities, I don't see any overlap in benefits happening anytime soon. And since there is no overlap between the other clubs either it probably won't happen. And with the restrictions and privacy rules for WDW 33, they probably wouldn't want to risk it. Not to mention the possible capacity issues which are already a problem.

They are pretty much polar opposites. It could help you get a membership into the other one maybe, but there won't be an official policy to jump between them. At least not anytime soon.
I’ll go through the process and in the meantime think about the cost/value. Ultimately, it it helps me get DL at some point, I’d be down for it but I need to think about it in the terms that it very well may not. Hmmm.
the fast passes alone may be worth it in the next few years !

I can tell you we had our concerns about joining, but the Club has been way beyond what we expected. It is well worth every cent for us. It's completely changed how we do the parks and I can't imagine going without it now.
Good to know!! Truly, that makes me feel way better about it. My husband is going to say (if we even get the nod), is this something you really want and then ok. And I need to feel like it is going to be worth it beyond the label. My DH loves anything exclusive and so I totally Leverage it when needed. But that’s okay because he has my numbers too. ; )

The two are completely separate entities, I don't see any overlap in benefits happening anytime soon. And since there is no overlap between the other clubs either it probably won't happen. And with the restrictions and privacy rules for WDW 33, they probably wouldn't want to risk it. Not to mention the possible capacity issues which are already a problem.

I thought the DL club and Tokyo club did courtesy reservations for their members? And I thought I’d heard Shanghai did too.

Capacity issues are already a problem?

We have our meeting/interview scheduled for January, and I'd like to go in with my eyes as wide open as possible to pros and cons.

We've used our membership pretty heavily and not once have we experienced a capacity issue. No clue what he's talking about. It's been very busy a couple times but not at capacity, not even during the events. The interview should provide you with all the info you'll need, just be sure to prepare questions for any concerns you have. As a member I can't recommend the thing enough.
How often have you guys had a chance to visit the lounges? Really curious how busy they can FEEL...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!