Club Level

JentheGreat

Earning My Ears
So, my wife and I have stayed club level at every deluxe resort at WDW except for Boardwalk.

Wilderness... honeymoon. Never went to the lounge. Room was very big and had a hot tub in a separate section of the bathroom. On the very top floor. Horrible view of from the balcony of a huge tree (could almost touch it, it was so close.

Yacht: Decent food offerings, good room, GREAT view of the lighthouse and lagoon (maybe it was a lake?)

Beach Club: By far the best room, concierge and lounge of all deluxe resorts.

Poly: Nice pool, OK concierge, Great view of the nighttime water parade from balcony.

Grand FL: Honestly, nothing too special. The highlight here were the shops. However, they have gotten rid of my favorite... it was a candle making store.

Contemporary: Great view of fireworks in room, VERY small lounge. Somewhat impersonal concierge service

Animal Kingdom: Very bad setup, logistically. Our first room was in a wing where we had to take 2 separate elevators and walk a good quarter mile to get to from the lounge. We requested a different room and got a better location. The animals were nice to look at, but would not do again.

I'm sure I'm missing one or two

Additionally, stayed at Disneyland Resort for my one and only trip to DL... Best concierge and lounge staff... decent food offerings in lounge. Incredible views of the park and great views and pumped in music of XMAS fireworks.

EDIT: Oops... forgot to ask. What has been your best club level experience?

Last edited:
Our BEST Club Level stay was when we were upgraded FREE at the Contemporary , Yacht Club and Boardwalk!!! :smickey:

Our best was at Poly. We greatly enjoyed the
Separate building, lounge was stocked well, wonderful concierge experience. AK, not so much.
Tho I return Non club, Savannah often.

We enjoyed our club level stay at Beach Club resort very much. We liked the Atrium Club at the Contemporary, too, but Beach Club was our favorite out of the two.

Our favorite so far has been Boardwalk. The food was great and the cast members were very attentive and friendly. We also enjoyed the club level at Grand Floridian. DW and I have a club level stay for late July at Beach Club. I am glad to see the positive reviews from everyone else on Beach Club. We have never stayed at Beach Club, so this will be our first time at their club level. We also have a club level stay at Wilderness Lodge in December. Any feedback on their lounge would be greatly appreciated.

I've stayed in Club Level twice and I don't think its for me, only chance we'd stay again is because I'd want the room type that is in Club Level. Our first time was the best, we were at the Grand Floridian and had our room upgraded to the Victorian Suite in the main building. Amazing room, loved the lounge and being in the main building. I'd stay there again because I like the locations of the room.

Our second stay was at Animal Kingdom Lodge and wasn't really impressed. Our room was on the 4th floor and far from the lounge. They also had our room on the side undergoing renovations and it was a stay-cation for us and there was no power in the room during the day. I just felt that with Club shouldn't have had to deal with stuff like that.

We tried 5 different clubs last year: AKL, Boardwalk; Coronado, Beach Club; and sugarloaf (GF-outerbuilding).

Sugarloaf was the best by a mile. Good room, great castmembers, location was perfect; close to the pool and the boat launch. The food was the most accommodating to our whole family. We have another stay booked there for this year. We love it; worth every penny.

AKL was our 2nd favorite. Greg met us at the door and the rest of the cast were amazing. We never felt like we were bothering anyone. They gladly made us up drinks and snacks to take to the pool. And the soups were so good. We loved the food and the kids loved all great kid options.

Boardwalk would probably be #2 for the adults but it was not kid friendly. This one felt more like an exclusive club and we were not privy to handshake. The cast had great energy with the returning guests and as first timers we kinda felt left out. The kids liked the candy buffet and the deserts were the best. This one left out beer during the day so we like that we didn't have to ask. The food for adults was excellent. We would stay here again but we wouldn't pay rack rate.

Beach club is our favorite resort and we were so excited to try their club. We stayed 2 short nights for the AP preview of galaxy's edge. We had the room furthest away from the lounge and the elevators. We couldn't find anyone to help most of the time. Snacks during the day were basically non existent. Our 9 yr old loved the food in the evening. The ice cream was nice to have. We might try this one again. We love staying at beach club but don't have stay club again.

Coronado was our least favorite. The food was mostly vegan and no one in our household liked it. It was the first club where they encouraged you to leave. It obviously wasn't built with family's in mind. The tower and our deluxe suite were great. But we don't plan on staying there again for awhile.

We have Yacht booked for later this year as a club stay. We hope to try Poly and wilderness lodge this fall.

Last edited:

I have only done CL at BC and CR. I completely agree with both of your assessments of both BC and CR. BC was fantastic. CMs there were top notch and the food was plentiful and very good. CR...not so much. Very limited choices that didn't change often enough and a few staff seemed like they were above everyone else.

Have stayed at BWI, WL, AKL and CSR. We love them all but BWI is our favorite. We just love everything about this resort even the clown pool but why do its eyes glow at night?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter