Club level

BrerMama

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a club level room at RPR or HR booked for June? We have a trip mid-July and I just realized it’s days after my 50th birthday. I’m thinking about splurging on club level but wanted some info on what club level will look like now. I don’t want to spend the extra to not get extras. Would love to read/follow a first hand report this month.

Club level rooms are have the same look and size as the other floors.
Talking about room types.....King or Queen beds, standard room, King suite, etc.
Only club level has access to the Club Lounge.

(What is different is the club lounge and perks.)

At this point, it’s anyone’s guess how the Lounges will operate..if at all. I can only guess that there won’t be a self serve buffet as in the past. Who knows if there will be free flowing wine and beer.

At this point, it’s anyone’s guess how the Lounges will operate..if at all. I can only guess that there won’t be a self serve buffet as in the past. Who knows if there will be free flowing wine and beer.

From what I’ve experienced at Universal resorts wine and beer was always served by a TM.

I don’t think that will change as for the current time they may wear a mask and gloves.

To get offerings that are typically self serve I predict, will either be on a pre portioned plate (similar to what Disney already does) or there will be a cast member with a mask and gloves serving guests....

I also think for the current time it will be a smooth and easy transition for guests to get accustomed to.....

I would like to note as in the advisory that Universal and Disney both have posted there is a risk of contracting covid 19 in any public area, and in defense of the lounges, resorts, and properties in general they cannot “stop” the risk of this even though I believe they “WILL” do everything they possibly can to ensure guest safety.

I really like the lounges (well at least RPR - I have not been to the others), but I am not sure I would spend the money until we get some info on how they may have changed.
Most buffet style restaurants have been told it will be quite a while before they can open again (if ever)
If I am not mistaken several chains have already shut down for good.

If they had an employee serving the food its the only way i can see it working - but I dont believe even that is "approved".
It may vary by state by i was discussing this issue with a friend at a Indian restaurant who's biggest traffic flow is the lunch buffet.
Not sure he can make it without it - this is the way people really get introduced to their food.

I really like the lounges (well at least RPR - I have not been to the others), but I am not sure I would spend the money until we get some info on how they may have changed.
Most buffet style restaurants have been told it will be quite a while before they can open again (if ever)
I’m in KS and last weekend we went to our first restaurant since March. They had a buffet going and people were eating from it. I chose to order off the menu.

But yes, I am wanting to see how they handle club before I book it. Hopefully we’ll get some reports in the next week or two.

this may mean nothing or something, but I picked a random Monday in July to look at booking a Club room at RPR. The description of the club offerings is as follows (copy & paste):
Does this mean only breakfast and beers? Maybe, maybe not.. but I'd be okay with the beers...

Royal Club Level 2 Queen Room
Upgrade to one of the Club Level rooms and enjoy access to the Royal Pacific’s Club Lounge including complimentary continental breakfast, evening beer and wine and additional privileges including complimentary admission to the fitness center. Our 335 square foot Club level rooms come with two queen beds that can accommodate four guests. Maximum occupancy of 5 guests with a rollaway (fees apply). less
$409.00average per nightBook Now

We have a club level room booked at Portofino. If it’s going to exclude the evening appetizers and snack throughout the day I’d change to the Bay View room we had last year and really liked.

I just switched from disney to universal in August and booked a club level at Royal Pacific. Curious to see what's offered. Will probably still keep even if it's just breakfast, snacks/drinks and 2 hours of wine/beer (I haven't had what was previously offered so I don't know any different). Hubby and I just want to get away. But if they cut club like disney is rumored to be doing, I'll go down in rooms. Excited to be trying universal either way!

I just switched from disney to universal in August and booked a club level at Royal Pacific. Curious to see what's offered. Will probably still keep even if it's just breakfast, snacks/drinks and 2 hours of wine/beer (I haven't had what was previously offered so I don't know any different). Hubby and I just want to get away. But if they cut club like disney is rumored to be doing, I'll go down in rooms. Excited to be trying universal either way!
I hope those that are staying club during this month will
keep us informed if club adds on an evening offering of foods.

@ariesgirl384 regardless of what`s on offer I`m sure you`ll love the Club experience at RP.

It is one of the best lounges onsite and everyone who works there only wants the best for you. Genuinely lovely people.

Right now there seems to be differing info out there, but please come back and let us know how your visit was. By that time any glitches should be sorted out.....

Yes mac, hopefully we get folks give us first hand experiences in the coming weeks and months.......

Nothing has been released by Loew/UO yet to add the evening food to premier club levels.

Peeps may speculate but info has to come through the hotel releases.

At this point, they have only released breakfast offerings, Afternoon snacks and usual ongoing room service of turn down services, etc

If they extend an evening food offering later this year, it will be listed by the hotel.

This thread will be kept updated for any add ons or policy changes by Loews.

Hotels opened today!
Hooray....

My trip is not until September and club option was bookable for my dates.

Will be a wait and see when club is bookable as parks open to the public June 5
Could be not much of a demand early June?

If they had an employee serving the food its the only way i can see it working - but I dont believe even that is "approved".
It may vary by state by i was discussing this issue with a friend at a Indian restaurant who's biggest traffic flow is the lunch buffet.
Not sure he can make it without it - this is the way people really get introduced to their food.
The buffets by me are going to cafeteria style with an employee serving. That's the only difference though.

The buffets by me are going to cafeteria style with an employee serving. That's the only difference though.
Id actually prefer this.
It forces people to get a new plate - this is the one health code violation that I dont see get enforced as well as it should pre-covid.
It stops people from taking all of an item - it really does happen - who needs to take all 30 shrimp.
It may stop some folks from going to buffets as they will be self conscious - but it might make others more comfortable as they dont have to worry about who may have stuck their hands in something. The things I've seen at Chef Mickeys.

Id actually prefer this.
It forces people to get a new plate - this is the one health code violation that I dont see get enforced as well as it should pre-covid.
It stops people from taking all of an item - it really does happen - who needs to take all 30 shrimp.
It may stop some folks from going to buffets as they will be self conscious - but it might make others more comfortable as they dont have to worry about who may have stuck their hands in something. The things I've seen at Chef Mickeys.

Completely agree.

Yep, we have seen some things that would make your hair curl in the Club Lounge.

Bad hygiene among guests is the worst. Some who think it`s ok to just lift an item with their hands instead of tongs is just the tip of the iceberg......and that`s adults as well as unsupervised children.

Completely agree.

Yep, we have seen some things that would make your hair curl in the Club Lounge.

Bad hygiene among guests is the worst. Some who think it`s ok to just lift an item with their hands instead of tongs is just the tip of the iceberg......and that`s adults as well as unsupervised children.
Club lounges can be worse than regular buffets no doubt.
I think there can be some entitlement there, especially the more high end the lounge.
I've seen very well off folks at very high end club lounges basically stand at the horderves and eat well talking on their phone as if it was their personally buffett. This is not just a one off.

We are at the point where if we cant get to the lounge at opening we dont go at all - unless its just for drinks or we know it is very well run.
I get the staff is afraid to say anything in some cases, but if you put out a big bowl of peanuts how about you put a spoon in it so maybe people wont just eat from the bowl.

FWIW - I do find the RPR lounge pretty well run, I cant say the same for the Disney ones - many issues there with staff and guests and I have been to 4 of them - Ill never spend the money again.

Club lounges can be worse than regular buffets no doubt.
I think there can be some entitlement there, especially the more high end the lounge.
I've seen very well off folks at very high end club lounges basically stand at the horderves and eat well talking on their phone as if it was their personally buffett. This is not just a one off.

We are at the point where if we cant get to the lounge at opening we dont go at all - unless its just for drinks or we know it is very well run.
I get the staff is afraid to say anything in some cases, but if you put out a big bowl of peanuts how about you put a spoon in it so maybe people wont just eat from the bowl.

FWIW - I do find the RPR lounge pretty well run, I cant say the same for the Disney ones - many issues there with staff and guests and I have been to 4 of them - Ill never spend the money again.

That`s exactly why RP lounge changed their snacks during lunch hours to everything pre wrapped. It`s much more hygenic.

I have seen what you`ve described too.

It`ll be interesting when they do make the announcement about any changes. I`m sure it`ll upset some if it alters the way they`ve eaten in the lounge in the past.

In a facebook group I'm in, someone called to ask about club level and the changes. While they couldnt report on the changes, they were given info that the lounges were scheduled to open the 7th. So here's hoping that info is correct and we'll get info soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!