• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CM Thank you notes question

nykidatheart

Earning My Ears
i noticed that these are available in various disney sites only how do you go about giving them out? do you just hand it to them? i think i would feel kinda "goofy" lol no pun intended.
:confused3

i noticed that these are available in various disney sites only how do you go about giving them out? do you just hand it to them? i think i would feel kinda "goofy" lol no pun intended.

In some ways, they are not "Goofy" at all!! ;) -- the WWD pin, is considered amougts the highest praise some CM's can recieve! :) (What Would Walt Do).

I suggest that with the thank you's-- you print off a bunch, and have them handy. Those CM's who share Walt's vision will become apparent to you in your viist -- those are the folks who deserve the "thanks" !! :) -- Just give it to them, and say "Thanks!" :) -- it will mean a great deal to them if they care! :):):)

Where can you find these notes? Wish I would have had them on our trip to DL. We encountered some really nice CMs that went out of their way.

Here's a link to the Cast Member Appreciation Cards, and another link where you can purchase What Would Walt Do pins.

I've handed out three WWWD pins. The first one I gave out made the CM absolutely ecstatic. She was so excited. She had seen another CM with one and asked how to get one. When I handed her one she started jumping with delight (it was our server at Whispering Canyon Cafe, so it was quite in character for her).

I believe I found the cast appreciation cards on the tagrel.com site.
They are really cute and feature different princesses, tink or characters.
I put in my DVC resort and name and printed off a bunch wallet size and then I took them to the copy store and had them laminated.

I handed them out to : the gate people who always welcomed me home, the valets when I picked up my car (with tip), the front desk CM that helped me get my room, the baggage guys (with tip) and I left one (with tip) for the maid whom I never saw as I was only there 3 nights.

One day when I was in the parks I saw a CM janitor cleaning out the restroom. A little girl asked her: why are you doing that and the young worker responded: it is my job. The girl was really overweight, and I remember thinking that she was probably cast as a janitor because of it (this while I was sitting on the john). I walked out but then came back and handed this girl one of the appreciation cards. She smiled and started to cry.
It is sooooo easy to be kind and appreciative...those cards were the best thing I've done in a long time.

Laminating them keeps them looking nice. They are easy to store in pocket or wallet. It's just an easy way to pay it forward with DIsney style.

I also printed from tagrel's site (I just love his site thanks!) Last May we were chosen to be the family that "rings the dinner bell" at LTT. We were led around to the back before anyone was seated to have apersonal meet with the characters. It was sooo cool! My little guy walks areound the corner and there stands Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale all with their arms out special just for my 5 yr old. The cm took group photos and video then we were all (including the characters) led up the stairs and had to recite a short opening speech and ring the dinner bell. We were seated at the first table and were brought a bag with a magic moment certificate with boxes with pixie dust in them. Really neat...but anyways I am drifting from the ops asking about the appreciation cards...sorry couldnt help it! The cm that asked us to open and stayed with us during it was sooo sweet. I told her that it was truely a magical moment thanks to her and my son gave her one of tagrel's cards. If you were able to see her face it was almost as magical as the experience itself. She almost started to cry she was so happy! It really was one of the highlights of our trip, to give a little pixie dust back to the people that try so hard to spread it. :)

i'm really glad i asked about those cards! Getting back to the post about the girl in the bathroom..on my last trip to disney hubby and i got into a conversation with a cm selling pins and she said that many of the young college kids on disney were there bc they got "internships" and that you never know what kind of job they will have you do for the summer. her boyfriend was frying french fries all summer in a hot kitchen..it kind of makes you wonder..we as visitors get caught up in the "magic" but for those constantly smiling cm's a thank you goes a long way to make a bleak day better.

I love these stories about how the CM's enjoy receiving the WWWD pins and CM Appreciation cards. :goodvibes

We have been giving the cards out for several years now, and had a fantastic response from the CM's. Our girls just love handing them out and its great to have the GIRLS (6 & 8) realize that a CM has been extra magical and deserves a little token of thanks. I now give the girls several cards to carry themselves so they can hand them out whenever they like. When they dig out the card in front of the CM and give it to them (without parental direction) it just seems to have an even greater impact on the CM? :)

And remember - if you REALLY want to thank a CM, make sure to let Disney know about your magical treatment! A note at guest services or emailed can help them beyond just the good feelings! ::yes::

Cool idea! I'm a new DVC member and will be making my first trip home over the holidays.

I visited the WWWD site and have a question for anyone who's done this. What's the best pin? Are the ones being offered now all current? Some say Minnie's 35th, for example. Or do you think CM's would prefer a magnet/keychain?

Thanks for this thread! We look forward to making someone's day! :sunny:

Shellybird

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter