cockroaches?

doindisneyagain

Earning My Ears
New to board - reservations for FW first week of February 2003 with pop-up.

I just wondered if you have to worry about cockroaches at FW?

We went to DW Feb 2002 and stayed at a villa off property. the first night I left a package of buns on the counter and learned quickly that in Florida you just don't leave food out. It was one big roach! I'm from Ohio and had never been down south - so I wasn't a happy camper. But my husband (a former resident of Florida) assured me that it's Florida and with that you get bugs. After that night we kept all the food in the fridge and only saw one more in the bathroom one night. I know it's DW and I'm sure they spray - but I'm still worried about roaches coming into the camper. Gives me the willies!

Thanks for any reassurance you can give me!

Brenda

we kept all sorts of food in the pop up and in a storage bin outside of the camper. We only took regualr "critter" precautions - like we would camping anywhere. (those pesky squirels are more agressive than anything else we have encountered. How can they open tupperware?:D ) We put things in ziplocks or tupperware. I never saw any bugs i would consider were there because of a lack of clenliness. Those little lizards are all over but generally aren't interested in your food. - they are more of bug eater themselves.

- lori

We've been camping at FW for 13 years, and I have yet to see a bug! The only pesky thing we have there are the ducks who are always looking for a handout, and the big white birds that steal hot dogs off your grill when you turn your back! LOL!

We just spent a week there with 2 teenagers who left food all over inside the RV:( Never saw a bug:D

Disney sprays each and every day. While bugs are a part of life in the semi-tropical climate of Florida, you'll see less of them on Disney property than almost anywhere else in the state.

By the way, that was probably a "Palmetto Bug" you saw rather than a roach. :p

Call it a Palmetto bug if it makes you feel better...;) When we were staying in the cabins we had a couple of humongous roaches. (I'm from Texas and I know what they are.) We were the first ones to stay in our cabin and I think the unfinished cabin had been opened up for days as they had been assembling it and that let the sweet little critters in.I think Disney should stop spraying and instead fit each one they find with a little pair of mouse ears!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter