College Graduation (or before I lose my life to law school) Trip to Disney! July 2010

Disney__Princess

Earning My Ears
So to begin with, I've never done a trip report of any kind, but I figured this would be a good way to get all of my thoughts down about planning and to also possibly get some feedback about things I may or may not have considered before.

The trip is for both me and my boyfriend of five years, and it will be a graduation/ type celebration for both of us as we are both graduating college this year. :woohoo:

We are going the first/second week of July (7-14), and we will be staying at the WDW Dolphin. (Forgive me if I don't know the right acronyms for everything. If I miss one just give me a heads up :) ) I'm truly excited about this because we will get to be near the Boardwalk, Epcot, and HS. As an added bonus we got a really good deal on the room that was much, much less than the price that was advertised on the Disney website.

Although most of the trip will be spent doing Disney stuff, I'm incredibly excited to be spending some time at IOA as well to see the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter section! :wizard: Also, we decided recently to add a day at Sea World to the trip. They have that new Manta coaster that the coaster-fiend wants to try out, and that I will undoubtedly close my eyes and scream on for it's entirety. Ahh the things we do for love. :headache: :hug:

I guess that's enough for now. I will be posting Itinerary Version 1.0 soon as it's almost complete enough for my liking.

So Version 1.0 goes as follows:

Wednesday (7/7):
We arrive at MCO around 4:30
Take town car to the Dolphin
Check in/relax
Spend the rest of the evening at Epcot
Dinner somewhere in World Showcase

Thursday (7/8):
EARLY Breakfast 7:30 at Cape May Cafe!!! (I'm totally excited about the Mickey waffles and also that I tricked the boy into going to a character breakfast!!! :lmao:)
Then off to Universal to check out the coasters for Mr. Adventure and Wizarding World of Harry Potter for ME! :wizard:
Dinner that night at Margaritaville at CW
Back to the Dolphin for passing out after all the yummy margaritas

Friday (7/9):
Breakfast either in the room (cereal) or at Picabu
MK for the morning
Back to the hotel for some lunch and the pool
Then off to Epcot for the remainder of the day
Kimono's for Dinner that night

Saturday (7/10):
Breakfast again either in the room or at Picabu
SEA WORLD for the day! :woohoo:
Depending on how long we decide to stay there for, we may come back and do another park in the late afternoon
For nighttime we will explore either the BW or DD

Sunday (7/11):
Breakfast at the hotel
HS in the AM (hopefully getting a FP to TSM)
Break for hotel and relaxing if we need to
MK in the Afternoon
California Grill hopefully during the fireworks show
Back to MK for EMH

Monday (7/12):
Breakfast at the hotel
AK all day until we get all of our must do's out of the way.
Relaxing at the hotel (possibly a massage?? :cloud9:)
Dinner at Ralagan Road
Back to HS for EMH for whatever we missed

Tuesday (7/13):
Breakfast at the hotel
Second day at IOA (y'know so I can buy whatever Harry Potter merch is left in the state of Florida...)
Possibly CW again for dinner

Wednesday (7/14):
Breakfast at hotel
Drop bags off to be held for the day
Go back to one of the parks if we think we missed something we really wanted to do
Go to DD and get some last minute gifts and eat at Wolfgang Puck Express because the food is INCREDIBLE
(this is kind of a free-for-all day)
Flight leaves to go back at 8... :sad2:

Now the reason this is version 1.0 is because I really need help figuring out potential places to eat at for lunch. Although this will be my 12th trip to the world, I kinda have this nagging feeling that I always eat in the same places and am missing out on some real gems! If anyone has any recommendations for me feel free to let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter