College Program Parents Thread...

Does anyone know how tall the space under the bed is or dimensions of the storage bins if that's easier. Looking to get my daughter additional storage but it's hard to judge based on YouTube videos alone. She leaves mid July so we are getting down to the nitty gritty now.

We bought adjustable bed risers.

Does anyone know how tall the space under the bed is or dimensions of the storage bins if that's easier. Looking to get my daughter additional storage but it's hard to judge based on YouTube videos alone. She leaves mid July so we are getting down to the nitty gritty now.
I'd ask my son who is there now but he'd probably never remember to measure. If I can get it for you I will. There is also a really active Facebook parents DCP group and they may have that info in their "Guides" section. I suggest you join that if you haven't already. There are also various groups for the kids on FB and other social media. My son found an active one and has met people who were moving in the same time as him.

He got a suitcase under his bed no problem and we have the somewhat large ones that roll and we always check them. The two drawers are a good size for electronics or other things she may want to lock up. He has a single so he can lock his bedroom door.

We bought one of those rolling fold up wagons (got ours at Costco) before we left and took it with us. That thing was great on move in day cause they do have them at FC to loan out but they run out of them on move-in days. We just rolled his suitcases up to the room and then put the random stuff in the cart. We also used it to roll up stuff from shopping trips. We stayed at CSR the weekend before he moved in and we used it to put all his small stuff in that we didn't want to leave in the car and just rolled it to the room and left it in the corner. If you're driving down to move in/out that is a good buy.

We bought one of those rolling fold up wagons (got ours at Costco) before we left and took it with us. That thing was great on move in day cause they do have them at FC to loan out but they run out of them on move-in days. We just rolled his suitcases up to the room and then put the random stuff in the cart. We also used it to roll up stuff from shopping trips. We stayed at CSR the weekend before he moved in and we used it to put all his small stuff in that we didn't want to leave in the car and just rolled it to the room and left it in the corner. If you're driving down to move in/out that is a good buy.
I live near Flamingo and sometimes shop or eat there. I have noticed quite a few CPs rolling folding wagons to Target to get their groceries/necessities, and then walking back to Flamingo. It seems convenient, especially for those who aren't bringing a car.

DD23 will be doing the college program from January to August. She's so excited! She graduated college in 2022 and hasn't found a job yet. When she discovered they let kids in within 2 yrs of graduation she decided to apply last Tuesday, got an email to do a phone interview on Wednesday. Did the 20 minute interview on Thursday and got the acceptance email a week later (yesterday.) She completely understands that it's hard work and she could be doing anything for a job.

Congratulations! My DD was in the program a few years ago, had the best time. Started in merchandise at AOA - loved it, then got hired after as photopass (loved it even more).

Congratulations! My DD was in the program a few years ago, had the best time. Started in merchandise at AOA - loved it, then got hired after as photopass (loved it even more).
Thanks! She'd love to do Photopass (digital media degree) or children's activities, but was open to merchandise and attractions, and some other stuff.

Thanks! She'd love to do Photopass (digital media degree) or children's activities, but was open to merchandise and attractions, and some other stuff.
My DD has a digital media degree also but ended up in food service. This was Jan 22. However, she was determined to not do it forever. She talked with everyone. Freelanced at area high schools shoot videos. Volunteered for non profits remotely to edit. And kept talking to Disney people. Within 3 months she applied for a Disney professional internship outside of WDW and moved to that role. While in that role she took the grunt jobs on film crews to get to know more people in the industry. Disney exec JD knows her by name from working on a project her was on and would chat when he would see her. It has now ended and she is freelancing while working FT for another org but…got a call from Disney last week about a permanent job.

I say this to show you a comparison….her friend with the same degree went into DCP at the same time. He didn’t network. He wrapped up his third stint (extras have been allowed due to staffing) and starts a FT job in the parks in a month. He wonders why he is still working the parks versus doing the degree field.

Tell your daughter she has to work to know people. I’m sure you know, it won’t fall in her lap.

So my daughter would like to go into the program for digital design in college and I'm hoping Disney has something like that. right now she is in the 9th grade and I would like to be able to guide her in the right direction. Is there any program's down there in that

So my daughter would like to go into the program for digital design in college and I'm hoping Disney has something like that. right now she is in the 9th grade and I would like to be able to guide her in the right direction. Is there any program's down there in that
Not currently. The DCP participants fill entry level roles in the parks and resorts. Mainly QSR, merchandise, and attractions. There are some advanced internships (PI's), however they are few and far between and extremely competitive. By the time she is in college, it's hard to say what type of PI's they will have. It's fairly easy to find information on the program, just Google it. Good to have something to challenge her!

Not currently. The DCP participants fill entry level roles in the parks and resorts. Mainly QSR, merchandise, and attractions. There are some advanced internships (PI's), however they are few and far between and extremely competitive. By the time she is in college, it's hard to say what type of PI's they will have. It's fairly easy to find information on the program, just Google it. Good to have something to challenge her!
ok thank you I will let her know.

For something like digital design, there would be a specific internship job posting for it, separate from the Disney College Program.

https://jobs.disneycareers.com/sear...":"is_manager","value":"Disney+Internships"}]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!