College Program Parents Thread...

My DD was in the Spring 2020 program that was sent home.
I wonder, IF Fall 2020 gets to go, how will they handle the DCPs and their free entry into parks? Being that Disney is limiting capacity, I would think DCPs would lose that privilege of getting into parks. After the Spring Program was cut short, my DD filled out a survey saying she would be willing to come back (doubt Disney will have Spring DCPs back anyway) but she says she wouldn't want to go back if she lost that perk (plus she doesnt think she could handle face masks in that heat).
I hope they let the Fall 2020 kids know soon as, I know from experience, how much money is spent by parents getting the kids to Florida and buying stuff for their apartments. I sure spent a lot on what was supposed to be a 6 month program that ended up only being 2 months.
Also, I definitely don’t think they will bring the spring kids back. Even though they filled out the survey, Disney later sent them that email basically saying they had no bumping rights and their program was complete.

Sad day for my niece. Hope everyone from the spring and fall programs gets another chance.

Just saw an article in the Orlando Sentinel - College Program suspended indefinitely :sad1:

Looks like DCP suspended for now. Upside is there's more time to research and prepare for when applications open up again. Looking for your best tips on what mattered most in your son/daughter's application success. All tips welcome on experience to get that will improve application chances.

My DD did the DCP a few years ago. She had a fairly strong resume - held a job for several years, clubs and activities in college (plus worked while in college). I'd have to say having work experience is key. (at least my DD said they commented on her work history). Also watch many of the on-line videos about the interview process. Prep for the interview, my DD had notes right in front of her to be ready for all questions! Best of luck. Hopefully DCP will be back is session soon!

I would go out on a limb and say it will probably be awhile before the DCP is started up again. While I didn't get cut from my job there, there are tons of f/t people that are being redistributed across property since all resorts, etc. are not open. The laid off people (at least in the unions) have a 2 year recall time period. So my guess, after 24 years with this company, is that DCP doesn't come back until at least 2022.

I would go out on a limb and say it will probably be awhile before the DCP is started up again. While I didn't get cut from my job there, there are tons of f/t people that are being redistributed across property since all resorts, etc. are not open. The laid off people (at least in the unions) have a 2 year recall time period. So my guess, after 24 years with this company, is that DCP doesn't come back until at least 2022.
I concur.....my DS still is on furlough; his leader said that he will be updated on December 4, but his position will be held until October 1, 2021.

My DD did the DCP a few years ago. She had a fairly strong resume - held a job for several years, clubs and activities in college (plus worked while in college). I'd have to say having work experience is key. (at least my DD said they commented on her work history). Also watch many of the on-line videos about the interview process. Prep for the interview, my DD had notes right in front of her to be ready for all questions! Best of luck. Hopefully DCP will be back is session soon!
Also living independently. They don’t say it but sadly I think that makes a big difference.

Progress!!! So exciting they are being called back. Congrats to all and wish them the best too!!! Hang in there for all waiting to get called back!

Progress!!! So exciting they are being called back. Congrats to all and wish them the best too!!! Hang in there for all waiting to get called back!
Besides the obvious excitement we have about DD going back to the DCP, we are also excited about the future changes this signifies.

Besides the obvious excitement we have about DD going back to the DCP, we are also excited about the future changes this signifies.

👍

Your DD should be starting a whole new term, yes?

My DD was in the program years ago. She ended up extending. Time consuming and more $$ - moving her/taking a different role, etc. She loved it though and it was a great experience. Good luck to your DD!

👍

Your DD should be starting a whole new term, yes?

Yes! She arrives June15th and Departs Jan 13th. However, we fully expect her to stay in Orlando. She is just about finished college and if DW doesn't have a FT position for her, she will look for a teaching job.

Just read they are now opening up applications to new candidates. They gave those cut short in 2020 first opportunity, now they are opening it up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts