*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

I irritated my husband everyday by mentioning this or that that I discovered on the forums plus lecturing our 3+ year old dgd on how to behave on an airplane - it will be her first flight.:hourglass
I have been watching videos every single day of rides, food and trip reports. Also wondering why Disney has to have so much good merchandise! I said my souvenir budget was 300 but they're making it hard to stick to with the Avatar merch like custom made avatars, banshees, backpacks, dresses etc. That's just my list of goodies. The kids will want their own goodies.

Last edited:
Got a notification this morning that the park hours for MK had changed and initially started freaking out until I went to Disney's official site. Seems like MK will now be open til midnight our first park day for EMH which is also the day we plan to take in HEA at the garden dessert party. With the extra hour, I might even add Once Upon a Time to our list and stay in the garden area a little later than planned.

I got a weird Disney notification that my April 28 evening Fast Pass for Splash Mountain was no longer available and replaced with Splash Mountain FP at same time.

Splash Mountain is my favorite ride. It’s been since September 2016 since I rode it because it was down for rehab last September.

Woke up this morning to see that Animal Kingdom hours changed for April as well, and now AK is open 8-10:30 on our scheduled day. More time to explore out of the heat!

I'm seriously considering changing one of our days to Saturday now because of this. AK is my favorite park and the more time I can get there, the better.

Expecting a call or email anytime soon from our CAA Disney pro that our daughter's DME vouchers and luggage tags have arrived DS, DH and I leaving on April 19th driving down - can't wait! Oh, I guess I'll have to until the cover is off the MH at least lol.

Not sure if anyone is looking for FP at this point, but it looks like they've added FP for many MK and AK attractions for the extended hours (8-9 am, 9-10+ pm) as of this morning at least for our week in mid-April. Not seeing FoP yet, but it's a good idea to keep checking a few times a day if you are hoping to grab something during that extended time period for any of the more popular rides.

Not sure if anyone is looking for FP at this point, but it looks like they've added FP for many MK and AK attractions for the extended hours (8-9 am, 9-10+ pm) as of this morning at least for our week in mid-April. Not seeing FoP yet, but it's a good idea to keep checking a few times a day if you are hoping to grab something during that extended time period for any of the more popular rides.
I checked but didn't see any for sdmt or fop or even the river journey.

What week are you going?
I’ve accepted the fact I’m not getting F oP. We stay off site and I just started picking FP.
I’ve been to WDW 4 times since Pandora opened and still haven’t been able to ride it. I refuse to stand in line for over an hour.

What week are you going?
I’ve accepted the fact I’m not getting F oP. We stay off site and I just started picking FP.
I’ve been to WDW 4 times since Pandora opened and still haven’t been able to ride it. I refuse to stand in line for over an hour.
We're going at rope drop. Are the crowds that bad, even then?

What week are you going?

We'll be at AK on 4/22 (new hours are 8:00-10:30) and when I checked this morning there were new FP for Na'vi and Everest and one or two others for both the 8-9 am period and the 9-10 pm time period. I did not see FoP yet. But I remember seeing a thread in the main boards about people watching for the FP release after hours were changed for February and March and it seemed like the availability started with a few rides and then more rides were added. FoP was one of the later rides added, so if you check often you could still definitely get one for your visit during the extended hours period. Keep looking!

Personally I’m disgusted with Disney right now. No I don’t stay on property but I do spend A LOT of $$$ on APs for our family of 4. I’m ready to send someone an email about not being able to get FPs. This should not happen. I understand not getting it for a specific time, but not being able to get one for any time or any day for a week!!?? For multiple trips. Just ridiculous!

We'll be at AK on 4/22 (new hours are 8:00-10:30) and when I checked this morning there were new FP for Na'vi and Everest and one or two others for both the 8-9 am period and the 9-10 pm time period. I did not see FoP yet. But I remember seeing a thread in the main boards about people watching for the FP release after hours were changed for February and March and it seemed like the availability started with a few rides and then more rides were added. FoP was one of the later rides added, so if you check often you could still definitely get one for your visit during the extended hours period. Keep looking!
I just checked hours for our week again. The regular hours are 9am opening. EMH is a few 8am openings which don’t apply to us. And I’m thinking the extra FPs that are added are for on property guests only. So I’m SOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!