*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

WE are there 8-18th and my mom just yesterday decided to join us. I just went on and changed our ohana, BOG, bon voyage, crystal palace, Chef Mickey, etc, all from 6 to 8 with other times still showing. What the heck? This is unheard of 4.5 months out at most of these places. I will take this as it will be a slow week :rotfl:Hey, i dream for a while....
Woohoo! Let's hope that means it will be a slow week. I'm there for a good portion of your dates.

WE are there 8-18th and my mom just yesterday decided to join us. I just went on and changed our ohana, BOG, bon voyage, crystal palace, Chef Mickey, etc, all from 6 to 8 with other times still showing. What the heck? This is unheard of 4.5 months out at most of these places. I will take this as it will be a slow week :rotfl:Hey, i dream for a while....

We booked our timeslot specifically to fall between Easter and Marathon as it was supposed to be a slower week. I can still see plenty of dining options open though I haven't booked any ADRs yet. First step is to decide on our park days and go from there.

Does anyone know what is going on the last weekend of April that would cause crowds to swell? Got a notification from touringplans that they increased the crowd predictions to pretty high... won't change our plans at all just curious.

:welcome:

Welcome to the official April 2018 planning thread! This will be the place to discuss all things Disney as we prepare for our big trip down to the House of the Mouse!:mickeyjum

A little about myself, my name is Emily, and I have been married to my DH for almost 6 years, and we have two little girls, DD1 3.5 years (4 in May), and DD2 1 year. At the time of travel they'll be almost 5, and 2. This trip is intended to celebrate DD1 turning 5, and going to Kindergarten!

So, let's get this party started!:tink:

Does anyone know what is going on the last weekend of April that would cause crowds to swell? Got a notification from touringplans that they increased the crowd predictions to pretty high... won't change our plans at all just curious.

Could it be a soft opening for AP holders for Toy Story Land? A bit earlier than the Memorial Day prediction though...

We are going to Disney in April. 2 Senior citizens that are crazy about DisneyWorld. Walt is my 9th cousin. That explains why we love Disney so much! Looks like my ticker tape below is not working yet. I'm not so good at the computer. Anyway, can't wait!

Could it be a soft opening for AP holders for Toy Story Land? A bit earlier than the Memorial Day prediction though...

As an AP holder I would be beyond thrilled, here's to hoping it's at least something fun :yay:

From what i saw on a Facebook group, they jacked up predictions all the way through August yesterday. No idea why, but everyone got those from TP.

We are behind the 8 ball a bit when it comes to planning.... I think we now have our park days sorted, and I was able to book the HEA plaza garden party for my preferred night, yay. There are a surprising number of ADRs available. I'd like to do one character meal with my kids but still on the fence about which one.

Coming home 4/16-4/20 mancation and staying at All-Star Music. It's mancation and then meeting the family later in the weekend for a wedding in near Jacksonville.

What is "Edison?" I searched for it, and got no results. Is it a new restaurant? We'd love to try something new. Please explain, if you can.

It's a new restaurant in Disney Springs. I believe it was supposed to open Jan 1.

Hello! Joining in as well!! Heading down 4/19 - 4/25 at Beach Club Villas with my family - Wife, Mom, Aunt, cousin and her husband and their two kids, an almost-3 year old and a 3 month old!

Lots to celebrate this trip!! It's a first time all family trip and we are celebrating that as well as a 50th (mine), 70th (aunt) and 75th (Mom) birthday, 3 first timers (the Dad, and the two kids), a 5 year wedding anniversary (Cousin and her husband) and a first trip ever with my Mom!! OH, and this will also be my 60th trip.

We have two 2-BR villas at BCV for the 8 of us and I'm planning like a maniac now! We are planning on MK, AK and Epcot, with maybe a couple of the group running down to DHS on an evening to do ToT and RnRC.

Looking forward to getting back onto the boards to make sure I haven't forgotten anything important!!

Lisa

April 12-16th at POR! So very excited :) April is actually the last remaining month that I have not been to WDW during, so I'm excited to check it off the list! Crowds look very manageable and I'm looking forward to warm weather that's not quite what I'm become used to during July and August!

:welcome:

Welcome to the official April 2018 planning thread! This will be the place to discuss all things Disney as we prepare for our big trip down to the House of the Mouse!:mickeyjum

A little about myself, my name is Emily, and I have been married to my DH for almost 6 years, and we have two little girls, DD1 3.5 years (4 in May), and DD2 1 year. At the time of travel they'll be almost 5, and 2. This trip is intended to celebrate DD1 turning 5, and going to Kindergarten!

So, let's get this party started!:tink:

We are planning our very first family vacation. Started in November. DH, myself, DD 13 and DD8 will be 9 at time of trip. We're all very excited! Staying at the Contemporary April 13-23. I've done meal reservations to the parks with EMH. Changed my flight coming home 3 times so far, phew. Now trying to figure out the fast passes and best way not to bounce around from one side of a park to the other side. Any Disney advice would be welcome. Thanks ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts