Come on Estoppel!!!!

Just passed ROFR - so onto the next thread!

Home: HHI
Offer made: 09/22
Offer accepted: 09/23
Sent to ROFR: 09/27
Passed ROFR: 10/10
Closing docs received:11/08
Closing docs sent back: 11/10
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Updated with closing doc info. Sending the docs back was complicated by the fact that my wife's name was misspelled on the documentation and the title company wasn't too keen on answering any phone calls/emails attempting to clarify the error.

We are hoping to close before a trip on Dec 21st so that we can direct add on and update existing tickets to APs - but given the speed of things to date I'm not overly optimistic.

Most the dates jump from listing when ROFR is passed to listing when Closing Docs are received. Isn't there a step in-between on when Disney sends the Estoppel letter (per the original title of this topic)? I'm curious how long Disney typical takes for this and why it's so inconsistent? See the person above who went from ROFR passing to closing docs in 2 days, it seems like Disney must have sent the letter almost instantly. But we're on 13 days and counting since we were notified we passed ROFL and the title company is still waiting on Estoppel to begin the closing docs. What's typical these day and what's the range? You'd think they would process them in some kind of order but it's interesting that it sometimes can happen in just a day and sometimes apparently can take several weeks or more.

Most the dates jump from listing when ROFR is passed to listing when Closing Docs are received. Isn't there a step in-between on when Disney sends the Estoppel letter (per the original title of this topic)? I'm curious how long Disney typical takes for this and why it's so inconsistent? See the person above who went from ROFR passing to closing docs in 2 days, it seems like Disney must have sent the letter almost instantly. But we're on 13 days and counting since we were notified we passed ROFL and the title company is still waiting on Estoppel to begin the closing docs. What's typical these day and what's the range? You'd think they would process them in some kind of order but it's interesting that it sometimes can happen in just a day and sometimes apparently can take several weeks or more.
I am wondering if it will take the full 2-3 weeks?

Home: AKV
Offer made: 10/3
Offer countered & accepted: 10/3
Sent to ROFR: 10/4
Passed ROFR: 10/19
Closing docs received: 10/25
Closing docs sent back: 10/25 (Seller returned 10/31)
Closing: 11/3
Deed recorded: 11/6
Points in my account: 11/14 (called daily to get membership and was able to get number over the phone no problem)

I officially have a DVC membership!!!

Got my closing papers on the 10th, woot! Ran into another bump when I saw the closing docs and noticed the amount to close was higher than expected. Had to email the escrow officer/title company...found out they forgot to charge escrow to my credit card. They charged the card and sent updated closing docs reflecting escrow deposit in an hour or two, so no biggie.
Offer made: 10/17
Offer accepted: 10/17
Sent to ROFR: 10/19
Passed ROFR: 11/1
Closing docs received:11/10
Closing docs sent back:11/14
Closed:11/29
Deed recorded:

First time buying into DVC. Just got an email from DVC Sales that ROFR passed :)
There were a few little bumps in the road (use year ended up being different than initially stated, so contract had to be updated and I asked for points to be banked. It was a little odd that after I made my first offer at asking price, seller made a counter offer for a couple dollars per point higher, but it was still plenty fair price so I still accepted, and I was initially a little confused over who paid 2017 dues) but overall so far not bad, definitely easier than I thought for a resale purchase! I don't even think I had many questions because I learned so much from this board!
Offer made: 10/17
Offer accepted: 10/17
Sent to ROFR: 10/19
Passed ROFR: 11/1
Closing docs received:
Closing docs sent back:
Closed:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Last edited:
Home: SSR
Offer made and accepted: 9/28
Sent to ROFR: 10/3
Passed ROFR: 10/13
Closing docs received: 11/1
Closing docs sent back: 11/2
Closing: 11/9
Deed recorded: 11/9
Points in my account: 11/17

for most does the Estoppel take 3 full weeks? then another week before a closing? We passed ROFR on Nov 10th, just wondering if we will squeak by with a closing before Dec8th.

Home: AK
Offer made: 10/25
Offer countered & accepted: 10/25
Sent to ROFR: 10/27
Passed ROFR: 11/7
Closing docs received:
Closing docs sent back:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Getting real now!

Closing docs received: 11/20
Closing docs sent back: 11/20
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Rushed to get everything mailed back... hope the sellers do the same or we're going to be slowed down by Thanksgiving. Hoping for a Christmas miracle... points by 12/8 so we can book at 7 months for VGC in July, oh and a real miracle would be a studio, but just hoping for a 1bd.

Closing docs received: 11/20
Closing docs sent back: 11/20
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Rushed to get everything mailed back... hope the sellers do the same or we're going to be slowed down by Thanksgiving. Hoping for a Christmas miracle... points by 12/8 so we can book at 7 months for VGC in July, oh and a real miracle would be a studio, but just hoping for a 1bd.
oooh hope it goes as you wish!!! I am waiting on Estoppel now, ugh

Two contracts to report

Home: BLT
Offer made: 11/8
Offer countered & accepted: 11/8
Sent to ROFR: 11/13
Passed ROFR: 11/21
Closing docs received:
Closing docs sent back:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Home: PVB
Offer made: 11/8
Offer countered & accepted: 11/8
Sent to ROFR: 11/10
Passed ROFR: 11/21
Closing docs received:
Closing docs sent back:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Clearly Disney was clearing out the ROFR today pre-Thanksgiving holiday :)

Offer made: 11/1
Offer accepted: 11/2
Sent to ROFR: 11/3
Passed ROFR: 11/10
Closing docs received: waiting...
Closing docs sent back:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Contract is a December Use Year. Seller responsible for 2017 dues, me for 2018 - which are to be paid in full if closing happens December 2 or later. Emailed title company today (11/22) to see where things stand, and was told they are just waiting on information about 2018 dues. Research told me that dues will be voted on at December 7 meeting, so I it would seem I am hold until at least December 8. Is title company holding this up? Or is this common?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!