Offer accepted: 11/2
Sent to ROFR: 11/3
Passed ROFR: 11/10
Closing docs received: waiting...
Closing docs sent back:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Contract is a December Use Year. Seller responsible for 2017 dues, me for 2018 - which are to be paid in full if closing happens December 2 or later. Emailed title company today (11/22) to see where things stand, and was told they are just waiting on information about 2018 dues. Research told me that dues will be voted on at December 7 meeting, so I it would seem I am hold until at least December 8. Is title company holding this up? Or is this common?
Would wonder the same thing! We passed ROFR on 11/10 too and waiting.....

Home: BWV
Offer made: 10/10
Offer accepted: 10/10
Sent to ROFR: 10/10
Passed ROFR: 10/17
Closing docs received:10/19
Closing docs sent back: 10/19
Closed: 10/30
Deed recorded: 10/31
Points in my account:

Who was your broker and title agent? It seems there can be a lot of variance in the dates between ROFR and closing docs with different title agencies.

Last edited:
Home: OKW
Offer made: 11/8
Offer countered & accepted: 11/8
Sent to ROFR: 11/10
Passed ROFR: 11/21
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Are closing docs sent electronically, like the contract or by snail mail?

Home: AKV
Offer made: 11/1
Offer accepted: 11/2
Sent to ROFR: 11/3
Passed ROFR: 11/10
Closing docs received: waiting...
Closing docs sent back:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Contract is a December Use Year. Seller responsible for 2017 dues, me for 2018 - which are to be paid in full if closing happens December 2 or later. Emailed title company today (11/22) to see where things stand, and was told they are just waiting on information about 2018 dues. Research told me that dues will be voted on at December 7 meeting, so I it would seem I am hold until at least December 8. Is title company holding this up? Or is this common?

We got our closing docs Monday with 2018 dues included to be held in escrow. I'm assuming it's buying a house with property & school taxes, you either get a refund or owe a bit more when the actual bill comes but you pay an estimated amount at closing. So we didn't have to wait, paid on Monday.

Shontell @ DvcbyResale.com - super easy

Shontell is great! She’s doing my BC contract. I also changed the title company for my BWV contract to the title company she uses (although it’s through a different broker) hoping it’ll move the contract along faster. But I guess estoppel is a wild card. Disney seems to process some quickly and others not so much.

Adding to the estoppel thread :-)

Home: BCV
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 11/6
Offer accepted: 11/7
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Home: AUL
Offer made: 11/13
Offer countered & accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/20
Passed ROFR: 11/27
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Home: SSR
Title Company: Duncan Title
Offer made: 11/17
Offer countered & accepted: 11/17
Sent to ROFR: 11/18
Closing docs received: 12/12
Closing docs returned: 12/13
Closing: 12/19
Deed recorded:12/20
Points in my account: 1/8

Last edited:
Excited to be posting here!

Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 11/14
Offer accepted: 11/14
Sent to ROFR: 11/15
Closing docs received: 12/21
Closing docs returned: 12/27
Closing: 12/29
Deed recorded: 01/02
Points in my account:

Last edited:
Home: VGF
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 11/12
Offer accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/13
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Updating! I'm happy it only took a week to get the closing documents even with the holiday. I think the smaller title companies might be better at turning around documents (though I realize Disney is still a wildcard on how long they take to get back with the estoppel). We'll see if it works for my BWV contract (First American was the default title company, but I had them change it to Jeffrey C. Sweet).

Closing docs received: 11/29
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Updating! I'm happy it only took a week to get the closing documents even with the holiday. I think the smaller title companies might be better at turning around documents (though I realize Disney is still a wildcard on how long they take to get back with the estoppel). We'll see if it works for my BWV contract (First American was the default title company, but I had them change it to Jeffrey C. Sweet).

Closing docs received: 11/29
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:
I wish I knew I could have changed the Title company! We passed ROFR on Nov 10th and we are still waiting for closing docs

I wish I knew I could have changed the Title company! We passed ROFR on Nov 10th and we are still waiting for closing docs

That's so frustrating! When I got the closing documents I was sort of like that's it? They seem simple and these title companies do so many of them, you'd think it wouldn't take so long. If it weren't for this board I wouldn't have known that you could change title companies. I felt a little weird asking, but the broker didn't bat an eye and made it seem like it was a routine request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter