Comfy, cushiony socks?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
What are your tips for the most comfy, cushiony socks? I have a very high arch, so not much contacts the ground. As a result, my feet get very sore from a lot of walking. What's good?

I have used the Thorlo socks before. They are pretty thick, but mostly in the toe and heel area, not as much at the arch. I think you need good SHOES more than thick socks. BTW, I ALWAYS get blisters at Disney. When we went in Oct. I ONLY used socks made with Coolmax and wore Rockport brand walking tennis shoes. My feet were never even sore, much less a blister. It was great! Have fun!

While I'll swear up and down about the goodness of my Thorlo socks, I think Renee's assessment is correct--it's the shoes.

Given that you have "special" needs, you really should look at finding a quality store with all sizes and widths of shoes and try many different pairs of shoes. Do this until you find one with the arch support that you need. Then wear them for a little while before you go to Disney. This isn't to "break them in". A good pair of shoes doesn't need to be broken in (IMNSHO), but you do want to make sure that they are the shoes that fit you.

I hope this helps,
JOe

I bought some coolmax socks at Target this week to try out. I bought the thick crew socks with extra arch support 3 pack for $4.99 and a 2 pack of thinner quartersocks for $3.99.

Hope they work, I'm going to try a pair this weekend when I'm on my feet all day at our last home football game and our Men's Soccer District Tournament. We won the the Region title last weekend for the first time ever, now we're going for the District title, then onto Nationals!!!

Coolmax with extra arch support at Target-sounds like it's well worth a try. And good luck this weekend! We're big soccer fans in this house. DH and both DSs played and are certified referrees. One of my big disappointments moving down here from Massachusetts is the quality of soccer available to us. Miss the NCCL soccer. WHere are your Nationals? If your feet survive soccer, I'll try those socks!

Actually our Nationals are in Tyler, TX!! I'm not exactly sure where Tyler is in that big state of yours.

I'm going to try a pair of the arch support thicker crews today at lunch when we go for a quick 2 mile walk, I'll let you know how they are!

Thanks for the well wishes for our team!!!

Hey Jeanny

Was that at the Target in Milford? And is that the regular price or the sale price? I'm heading to Target tomorrow and really interested in checking them out before we head down in 4 weeks.

Best of luck in the soccer tournament!!! :bounce:

Yep, Target in Milford.. they're on the wall right behind the jewelry and the sunglasses , I just happened to be walking by and saw them. I think that's the regular price for them.

They have a blue cardboard sleeve on them, called all Pro by Gold Toe. The 3 pack is called duraspun and the 2 pack is called coolmax. (I have the coolmax on now and are they ever comfortable).

I'll let everyone know how men's soccer does tomorrow!! Thanks!

WOOOO HOOOO!!!! Dean College Men's Soccer team won the Districts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we're going to the Nationals in Tyler, TX November 21-24. The last time we won the National title was 1961, so I guess we're due again.....

Now to get back on track --my socks that I bought at Target held up very well.... I wore the coolmax yesterday and they were great. I wore the thicker durasports today and I feel great and I'm ready for WDW!!!!

I'm strictly an all-cotton girl, and my favorites are King Cotton by Wigwam. They're pretty thick, so you have to be sure your shoes are roomy enough.
DP Maddy, on the other hand, has fussy feet and swears by some crew socks we can find only in the women's sock section at Jocky outlet stores. They have really thick soles and wear like iron (so to speak). They are not all cotton and have some cool-max type of fiber in them. There is no brand name printed on the socks themselves (and of course the packaging is long gone) so I'm not going to be of much help in identifying them further. Oh--just dug out the receipt, and the numbers printed on it are 551274 white 9-11 783466143824. Two pair for $7.50.
You may already know the wisdom of changing your socks, and even shoes if possible, part way through your Disney Day. Really refreshing. Even when I'm wearing Birkentstock sandals I'll start the day with socks and then take the socks off part way through. Anything to give your feet a little change.
Janet

Have you tried any of the arch supports on the market? We both think the best one is the one sold by FootSmart (we've seen it elsewhere too). Just went to their web page and noticed they're currently on special for the best price I've ever seen.
One reason we like these is they fasten with a couple of velcro straps and thus are infinitely adjustable and readjustable. Just refastening these supports part way through the day can make a big difference. Or, sometimes I'll start without them, then put them on part way through the day, or vice versa. Really compact so can slip them in your pocket or fanny pack.
I'll try to include the link here for you. If it doesn't work, go to www.footsmart.com and search for product #10079.
http://www.footsmart.com/Products.aspx?shortsku=10079

Hope this helps.
Janet

Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered some items from Footsmart and this week I'll ge making a trip to Target.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter