*COMPLETE* SOLO:NOT a Star wars story! An August 2018 keto dining report

Glad your back with another review! Congratulations on your additional weight loss! I don’t eat keto but do try to eat low carb (mostly paleo) but do add in some delicious keto meals once in a while. I give you a lot of credit for sticking with it while at Disney!

Thank you for reading! I think I might be transitioning to Low carb soon. How do you like it compared to keto?

Love your Keto dining reviews! I am always impressed you keep it up in the parks. Kudos to you with your weight loss!

Thank you so much and thank you for reading!!

I have my first solo trip booked for February for 7 nights. I have been eating keto for 8 months now. I have met my goal weight, so I have a few occasional bites of cheats now and then. I always try and remain gluten free though as it really bothers my tummy. I decided on doing the dlxdp as I was thinking it would be easier to make healthier choices at signature locations. Your Yak & Yeti steak looks good!! I have an ADR for there and Brown Derby among many others (can’t wait).

I hope you have an amazing time!! Dxdp sounds like a dream, you're going to love all the options.

Joining in! I'm so excited to read about your keto adventures. And congratulations on all that weight loss! YAAASSSS!

I have been doing keto on and off for a few years, not so much for weight loss (although if I lost 5-10 pounds it would be awesome!), but because i generally feel better, more energetic, less tummy issues when I avoid the heavy carbs. I did real keto for about 4 weeks last year and had that crazy metallic taste, but now I just generally avoid the bad carbs, but I allow myself to eat fresh fruit and don't count macros. If I'm hungry, I immediately think something higher in fat to feel full quickly. I eat a lot of avocados!

Anyway, following along!

aw thank you!! That metallic taste is the worst but it's the one of the only ways I can tell my body is in ketosis. the struggle!! I'm so glad you came up with a plan that works for you, so many people try to stick to a diet that makes them unhappy. That is worse than being overweight in my opinion!

Wow! This is inspirational.

All the food you've gotten so far on your trip looks great

thanks hun!! Have you gotten married yet? sorry, I'm super behind around here.

Thank you for the report! Always appreciate a different style of eating!

Thank you for reading!!

Catching up on reviews today and enjoyed your report! I'll be going on a solo trip in October, so I'm super interested in others' solo dining adventures right now.

Oh, I know. I'm always like, "If I catch a 6 am flight, I'll be in at MCO at 10:00 am!!!" And then later I realize that I will have to get up at 4 am. Fortunately I live 10 minutes from the airport.

That looks really great, I would order it with vegetables like you. I'm staying at Pop and I'll have to keep this dish in mind if I need a resort dinner.

Looking forward to your next report!

Thank you for reading! I hope you had a great time on your solo trip! How did you like POP?
Looking forward to reading your report, I love your writing style!

Great title for a report and congratulations on your weight loss!

Thank you so much!

, but do you get to keep the buddha cup?

Yes, you do! I also collect Buddha, it's currently in my office stuffed with pens lol

Love what you did with the Casey's dog. I am going to try that next time because during our latest trip we tried Casey's and the hot dog was as good as ever but that bun was a crime.

Thanks! It was delicious!

So happy to have found your report! You look incredible!

In 2015, I changed my way of eating to Keto and haven't looked back! Down 75lbs and keeping it off. Still have 25lbs to go to hit my goal weight. Slow and steady...:p I have to admit, on my last trip to WDW in late 2016, I ate EVERYTHING under the sun. Still managed to lose 1lb over a 13 day trip :confused3:cool1: So here's hoping you'll have the same luck I did during your upcoming trip and that you don't gain a thing. Enjoy!

Thank you for reading and congrats on your weightloss! That is amazing, I hope i'll be able to lose that much!! My last trip was nothing like this one...I went crazy. Ended up gaining 20 pounds in 6 days. Thank God they fell off quickly.

Congratulations on your weight loss, and for being so disciplined while at WDW! I eat pretty well when I'm at home, but I succumb to hot fudge sundaes way too easily when I travel! I'll be at WDW before and after a 7-night cruise at the end of November - so I will TRY to eat responsibly. :D

Thank you for reading!! I was not responsible the last trip and had at least 3 sundaes...I stopped counting after that lol. Hope you have a great trip, it's so close!!

Congrats on your weight loss :) I eat low carb mon-thurs on my work days and relax a bit on the weekends. I could never do keto but def respect those that do!

Enjoying your report!

Thank you so much for reading!

Thanks!! I know it's crazy how soon it is. We are leaving for Disney on Friday so I only have to get through one more day of work.

That last day is always torture, Please do a report when all the craziness dies down! I would love to read about your special day.

That last day is always torture, Please do a report when all the craziness dies down! I would love to read about your special day.
I'm going to do a Dinning Report since I'll be at Disney through Wednesday. I won't have my phone on during the wedding day, but if people take pictures I'll post them. I don't think the professional ones get back for a few weeks after.

Thank you for reading and congrats on your weightloss! That is amazing, I hope i'll be able to lose that much!! My last trip was nothing like this one...I went crazy. Ended up gaining 20 pounds in 6 days. Thank God they fell off quickly.

Can't wait to read more about your trip! I don't plan to go back to WDW for 2 more years but will be keeping it (mostly) keto on that one. Your report is giving me tons of ideas and confidence I can do it!

(BTW, I'm now down 84lbs...but have hit a plateau for a couple of weeks. Going to keep pushing though because I want to be slightly under my goal weight (16 more lbs!) by the time my trip rolls around.

August 21, 2018

Breakfast was a veggie omelet from POP food court.

fXkOtdzl.jpg

Spinach, Tomato and Feta Omelet
served with Breakfast Potatoes. turkey bacon instead of potatoes. $8.99

ZYrdKHOl.jpg

It was good, nothing special. Nice to have an easy healthy option.

Katsura Grill
This is the saddest lunch you will ever see. I think a lot got lost in translation while ordering, not the cashiers fault.

uUZeMFpl.jpg

Shrimp and Chicken Teriyaki
served with Steamed Rice and Mix Garden Salad $14.00 No sauce or rice.

The picture showed grilled chicken so I was surprised when I saw boiled chicken. I should've said something but I just didn't have it in me to go back up there. I ate the shrimp which was surprisingly good on it's own, the rest went into the trash. the heat and wearing myself out from the night before was starting to get to me. I bid an empty Epcot farewell and took an Uber to AOA.

LANDSCAPE OF FLAVORS
I've never been a fan of AOA. I always thought it was overpriced compared to the other values and not worth it. OMG Y'all this resort is gorgeous! I was taking pics and videos the whole time i was there. definitely the most in your face Disney themed resort.

htk5m8Pl.jpg

heard great things about Art of animation's food court and was excited to see if it lived up to the hype! I got the Jumbo stuffed meatball.

MdJnYo4l.jpg

on bed of Marinara with Parmesan Herb Polenta and a Breadstick $13.99
no polenta or breadstick, added green beans.

R6ikaTil.jpg

OMG this hit the spot and totally made up for my sad Epcot lunch. The meatball is a blend of beef and veal which I appreciated. crispy on the outside yet not dry on the inside. overall it tasted like a table service meal.

TOTAL: $36.98

Loving your review!! I've been keto for a year and am down 85 pounds! Did they charge you extra to sub the turkey bacon from the potatoes? Any extra charge on any of the substitutions? Thanks!

Congratulations on the weight loss. Everything looks so good. Nice way to make substitutions to reduce carbs.

Loving your review!! I've been keto for a year and am down 85 pounds! Did they charge you extra to sub the turkey bacon from the potatoes? Any extra charge on any of the substitutions? Thanks!

Thank you! congrats on your weight-loss, that's amazing! I wasn't charged for any substitutes.

Congratulations on the weight loss. Everything looks so good. Nice way to make substitutions to reduce carbs.

Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!