Completely new to this...need help

BlazerFan

DIS Veteran
We will be going on our first cruise this November. I'm looking online at the drink packages. Both non-alcoholic and alcoholic. I have no idea what ala carte drinks will cost. I'm guessing we will drink bottled water and ice tea most of the day, perhaps juice at breakfast. Maybe a drink or 2 at the pool and a glass of win with dinner. Unless the drinks are very expensive, I don't see that we will have over $50 per person per day, including the first and last days. What is your experience?

The fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast at Windjammer is over $4. Boxed/concentrate juices are included.

Lattes are about the same price as on land.

If you order a bottled water without a package, you'll be charged about $4 for a 500 ml bottle, and it will be Evian. (if you get bottled water WITH the package it will be another spring water but not Evian)

Iced tea should be free. Normal drip coffee should be free.

Alcohol...expect around $7 unless you get it in the souvenir cups. (if a drinks tray holding employee comes around and it is only souvenir cups but you want the drink itself, you can either ask for a regular cup OR just go to the bar and ask for that same drink in a regular cup)

Now that I've guesstimated...here's a nice list: http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

On our Royal cruise DH was very happy with his Replenish package that got him all the mochas, morning orange juices, and waters he wanted. He wants Replenish again in October.

I couldn't drink enough to hit the $20 per day, but there were other circumstances behind that. When I wanted booze, I simply paid out of pocket for it, as there was no way I could have hit the per-day charge for the alcohol-containing packages. I'm not sure I want Replenish again, or if I'll just pay for everything OOP.

I have gotten a soda package for our daughter, but my wife and I do just fine without any beverage package. Coffee, Ice tea, lemonade, and ice water are free and always available in the Windjammer. Ice tea, water and coffee are also free in the main dinning room at dinner. My wife and I will MAYBE buy one alcoholic drink a day.

The fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast at Windjammer is over $4. Boxed/concentrate juices are included.

Is the fresh squeezed OJ included in the Premium package? I thought it wasn't but was in the Ultimate package? I'm sitting on the fence about the packages. DW and I can easily break even at 55/day with the bottled water and smoothies on top of cocktails. Another question, what does the average martini run onboard. Thank's very much!

Silly follow up question. We are going on a 7 night cruise. How do they charge for the first and 2nd days? Will we be charged 7 or 8 times the daily rate?

Our group has been studying this hard and we have decided that since we have one less port day and one port day is RCI owned ..... we are going to get a drink package and not worry about what each drink costs.

Here is another source to look at for prices - don't forget to add tips on top of the price, another plus of package is that is included.

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

Really depends on what you like to drink and how often during the day. Of course our normal day doesn't include alcohol but for a vacation, especially a cruise we want to enjoy. Each day will vary but DH calculated a full sea day and came up with this:

3 Waters (online folks say $4 bottle) $12
2 Seltzers (that is his soda) 6
3-4 Beers (at beach pool etc) 24
2 Pre Dinner drinks (crown) 16
2 Dinner drinks (shots, crown....) 16
2 Show or bar drinks 16
Total per day $90
x 5.5 days = $495 (planning one port day gone all day)
+ 15% tip = $569 Cost out of pocket
Cost $385 with package

I got the soda package mainly to play with the free form machines, DH got the beer package and while it may not have paid for itself cost wise, he liked it.

Our group has been studying this hard and we have decided that since we have one less port day and one port day is RCI owned ..... we are going to get a drink package and not worry about what each drink costs.

Here is another source to look at for prices - don't forget to add tips on top of the price, another plus of package is that is included.

http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

Really depends on what you like to drink and how often during the day. Of course our normal day doesn't include alcohol but for a vacation, especially a cruise we want to enjoy. Each day will vary but DH calculated a full sea day and came up with this:

3 Waters (online folks say $4 bottle) $12
2 Seltzers (that is his soda) 6
3-4 Beers (at beach pool etc) 24
2 Pre Dinner drinks (crown) 16
2 Dinner drinks (shots, crown....) 16
2 Show or bar drinks 16
Total per day $90
x 5.5 days = $495 (planning one port day gone all day)
+ 15% tip = $569 Cost out of pocket
Cost $385 with package
Is that total what EACH person expects to drink each day? 6 hard liquor drinks AND 3-4 beers each day? :faint:

OP, we plan to pay out of pocket for drinks and sodas. For our upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise, we are planning to purchase a few mixed drinks for me and my husband and a few sodas for our oldest daughter (she's 20). Our youngest daughter does not drink soda at all. I highly doubt we will spend $100 out of pocket on non complimentary drinks so a drink package makes no sense at all for us.

Our group has been studying this hard and we have decided that since we have one less port day and one port day is RCI owned ..... we are going to get a drink package and not worry about what each drink costs. Here is another source to look at for prices - don't forget to add tips on top of the price, another plus of package is that is included. http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/ Really depends on what you like to drink and how often during the day. Of course our normal day doesn't include alcohol but for a vacation, especially a cruise we want to enjoy. Each day will vary but DH calculated a full sea day and came up with this: 3 Waters (online folks say $4 bottle) $12 2 Seltzers (that is his soda) 6 3-4 Beers (at beach pool etc) 24 2 Pre Dinner drinks (crown) 16 2 Dinner drinks (shots, crown....) 16 2 Show or bar drinks 16 Total per day $90 x 5.5 days = $495 (planning one port day gone all day) + 15% tip = $569 Cost out of pocket Cost $385 with package

That's a lot of booze

don't forget you can bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin :)

Sorry to revive a thread but I found this in the search and didn't think I should start a new one. :)

I am guessing if one person gets a package the whole cabin does, right? What is the corkage fee on a bottle of wine.. and are you allowed to drink it in a public area or are you supposed to only have it in your room ala DCL?

TIA! :goodvibes

Since the end of las year, people can get different drinks packages from each other. And according to cruisecritic, there is no more corkage fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter