Concierge level.... Worth it right now?

luckyman_apd

DIS Veteran
I will be back down in the area while friends are staying at a DVC resort. Was gonna meet them in the parks for 2 days but thought maybe getting a studio for the night and save the commute. There is a Jambo concierge level studio available and I can say I have heard good things but don't know what that fully entails during non pandemic times... Let alone during these times. Can anyone shed light what to expect right now? Is it worth spending the extra points for 1 night?

CL service is not being offered as Disney is the one that provides it.

So, as of right now, the lounge is closed. If you book, and by the time you go, the services have not started...and I doubt we will see them until next year...they will refund you points back to standard view.

In the beginning, the were moving people to Kidani, but I don’t think that was possible anymore,

Just be aware that other than the pool, and limited hours at the pool bar, nothing else is open at Jambo since the hotel side is closed...not stores, no Mara, no anything.

Last edited:
CL service is not being offered as Disney is the one that provides it.

So, as of right now, the lounge is closed. If you book, and by the time you go, the services have not started...and I doubt we will see them until next year...they will refund you points back to standard view.

In the beginning, the we’re moving people to Kidani, but I don’t think that was possible anymore,

Just be aware that other than the pool, and limited hours at the pool bar, nothing else is open at Jambo since the hotel side is closed...not stores, no Mara, no anything.

That's very helpful thank you.

I once got the service because they had overbooked and gave me a CL level hotel room instead. I now realize why people pay extra for this. I was also doing a resort transfer for the first time (as AKV was not available my first night). The CL attendant was so helpful with all of our needs, from insuring that our bags were picked up for transfer, insuring that our tickets were on our magic bands (this was our first trip without paper tickets), helping us verify that our old non-expire tickets still had days on them, and more. So for the first night, if one has a lot of questions (some of which require that they look up some information on their computer), it is worth the extra cost.

Putting the “right now” aside....
We have stayed CL numerous times at most of the deluxe resorts.
Is it worth it?? Financially, only if you want to try and make three meals out of counter snacks. Some offerings can be a bit more substantial, but truly nothing I’d want to make a meal of. It’s just enough to ruin your appetite for a proper meal at a proper restaurant.

No... it’s not worth it from a monetary standpoint. I always referred to it as a $100 cup of coffee (and another $100 cup for my wife).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter