Concierge Waitlist

Sakura1017

DIS Veteran
When you call DCL to be added on the concierge waitlist, is the list based on cruise status ranking i.e. platinum requests will always beat other cruise status rankings, or is it first come to put the request in.

In addition, has anyone ever gotten the pixie dust phone call that their off the list? How long do you have to book it?

I likewise have never heard of a waitlist for a Concierge room. I do have experience with the waitlist for Cabanas at Castaway Cay. We've gone to Guest Services as soon as we Board the ship and been added to the waitlist for a Cabana. Never gotten a Cabana that way though.

I have heard of it, but not participated. I would assume they do it in the order of interest or else they would list it as a benefit.

When you call DCL to be added on the concierge waitlist, is the list based on cruise status ranking i.e. platinum requests will always beat other cruise status rankings, or is it first come to put the request in.

In addition, has anyone ever gotten the pixie dust phone call that their off the list? How long do you have to book it?
Granted I don't know for sure, but I think that the wait list is "first on, first called". Being Platinum only gets you early booking dates regarding booking rooms, I wouldn't think it bumps you ahead of others already on the wait list.

It's first come first served as far as I know. We were on a wait list for a concierge cat V for a cruise we did in 2019. That sailing was March 2019 and I believe we were contacted about 4 months prior to the sailing (so just before the 120 day mark) to see if we wanted the room that had become available.

It's first come first served as far as I know. We were on a wait list for a concierge cat V for a cruise we did in 2019. That sailing was March 2019 and I believe we were contacted about 4 months prior to the sailing (so just before the 120 day mark) to see if we wanted the room that had become available.
Out of curiosity did you book that cruise during opening week? What status member were you? I'm hoping I have a shot at concierge but I know it's gonna be slim on my cruise since it's so popular. I am beating myself up for not grabbing it when i saw it.

Out of curiosity did you book that cruise during opening week? What status member were you? I'm hoping I have a shot at concierge but I know it's gonna be slim on my cruise since it's so popular. I am beating myself up for not grabbing it when i saw it.
While we usually book cruises opening week/day I don't think this was the case with this cruise. I know we were still Silver when we booked this cruise. We became Gold in Oct 2018 so technically we were Gold when we got the call to upgrade.

I've successfully wait listed in to a Cat 3A (V) from an 04A and to a Cat 2A (T) from a 3A (V).

So for people who have used this Concierge waitlist, how does it work? Do you call DCL and let them know you want to get on a waitlist for a cruise you've booked a room on?

Also is there waitlists for other types of rooms, like Verandah, Oceanview etc?

I'm super curious because I have never heard of this, or ever heard anyone talk about doing this.

It's "first on/ first called" another factor would be Category you are waitlisted for...any concierge cabin or a specific concierge category. I used the Waitlist in 2014 for our EBTA. I booked a Cat. T (2A) on opening day. A few months later I called and waitlisted for a Cat. S (1B) or a Cat. R (1A). I got a call about 4 months before the cruise that a Cat. S(1B) had opened up so I grabbed it.

Edited to add. I'm sure I'm dating myself but back in early 2000's(only 2 ships), faxing Inventory Control, sometimes years in advance (even before itineraries were released) was the only way to get a concierge suite. You would fax in the dates you were interested in and the Category/room number and hope you got the call when dates were released.

I've successfully wait listed in to a Cat 3A (V) from an 04A and to a Cat 2A (T) from a 3A (V).
Was this on a popular cruise going back to back? Also did you find out right away during opening week or was it closer to paid in full?

So for people who have used this Concierge waitlist, how does it work? Do you call DCL and let them know you want to get on a waitlist for a cruise you've booked a room on?

Also is there waitlists for other types of rooms, like Verandah, Oceanview etc?

I'm super curious because I have never heard of this, or ever heard anyone talk about doing this.
I called DCL and said I was looking for a Cat V room only and that is what they put us on the waitlist for. I have no idea if there are waitlists for other types of non-concierge rooms but I'm 99% sure there is not.

I just wanted to say that since they do this for concierge, I would hope that they would have a similar list for those who really need handicapped accessible rooms also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!