confused about upgrading gold pass to new platinum offer

I upgraded at the MK last week from DVC Gold to Platinum. Cost me $0 and I was able to go to the water parks the next day. Took all of 5 minutes.

I upgraded at the MK last week from DVC Gold to Platinum. Cost me $0 and I was able to go to the water parks the next day. Took all of 5 minutes.

Did you keep your same expiration date.

This felt like a no brainer to us. Why NOT get something better for no extra money? You get your 13th month. Your expiration date stays the same.
I purchased Gold in May for our upcoming October trip. I purchased Premium Plus this morning and called to cancel our (yet to be activated) Gold. No problem.
Took less than 5 minutes on the phone.

We upgraded our Gold passes yesterday. Still got the 13 months and did not pay anything extra. Two of the passes were renewals done in February and one was done in November 2016. Nice option for DVC members and I plan on buying new platinum plus while we're here to activate in summer 2018 to get us through summer 2019.

If you go to a Guest Relations window at one of the park entrances are you be able to upgrade from DVC Gold to Platinum and keep the 13 month expiration date?

We are going in two weeks and want to see if we can do both in one shot. From what I have been reading, people have been doing the upgrade and then return later on to reclaim the 13 month expiration date.

If you go to a Guest Relations window at one of the park entrances are you be able to upgrade from DVC Gold to Platinum and keep the 13 month expiration date?

We are going in two weeks and want to see if we can do both in one shot. From what I have been reading, people have been doing the upgrade and then return later on to reclaim the 13 month expiration date.

We did it in one transaction. The CM did our upgrade to P+ and the passes retained the 13 month expiration. We didn't have to pay anything extra for the upgrade.

Not sure if folks know this, but after you upgrade there is a new magicband offer to process for a new ap magicband on your mde account. I was surprised to see that. While I don't need a new magicband, I do like the passholders sliders that come in the box. All six of us upgraded and we all got the MB order on our accounts.

I am confused..can I upgrade my pass, it is without blackout dates, just to get the water park on it now? I was going to pay for water parks in August since we are staying in a resort who's pool we do not like. My expiration date in January.

I am confused..can I upgrade my pass, it is without blackout dates, just to get the water park on it now? I was going to pay for water parks in August since we are staying in a resort who's pool we do not like. My expiration date in January.

You should be able to upgrade from a Platinum pass to a Platinum+ for no additional cost, if that's what you mean. My understanding is that won't get a credit for the difference in price (Platinum+ is actually cheaper than Platinum with this offer), but you'll get the water parks benefit for "free".

You should be able to upgrade from a Platinum pass to a Platinum+ for no additional cost, if that's what you mean. My understanding is that won't get a credit for the difference in price (Platinum+ is actually cheaper than Platinum with this offer), but you'll get the water parks benefit for "free".
Thank you...so, we plan to go to AK on our arrival day, ( got a FP for FOP!) and upgrade there. Bring ID, DVC CARD, anything else?

Last edited:
Thank you...so, we plan to go to AK on our arrival day, ( got a FP for FOP!) and upgrade there. Bring ID, DVC CARD, anything else?

That's about it, but please screenshot your expiration date and make sure you check your new card info on your app, along with your expiration date afterwards. It's not the cm, it's the program. After my daughter had to get her expiration dates fixed, the cm brought a manager out to watch that she was doing it correctly. My one granddaughter had a platinum voucher, while the family had gold vouchers. ( I had an older kids voucher). My daughter asked that she be downgraded to gold like the rest of the family and the cm did it, and surprisingly she got a refund. She didn't expect it. That was in May. She upgraded to the new PPlus last week.

I called DVC Member services and they said that all we had to do was walk up to Guest Services at the front of the park or Guest Relations at Disney Springs and they will just do the upgrade right there on site. No cost difference or anything. This is a great deal for Gold Pass holders!

I called DVC Member services and they said that all we had to do was walk up to Guest Services at the front of the park or Guest Relations at Disney Springs and they will just do the upgrade right there on site. No cost difference or anything. This is a great deal for Gold Pass holders!

Ok I think I missed something here...we bought Gold passes LAST November that end this upcoming December. Are we able to do some kind of upgrade to Platinum now to get the waterparks THIS year? We have a trip planned for August of this year so it's something we would do onsite.

We are planning on renewing for next year as well but I was going to wait on that. I figure that would be when we would get the new passes with waterparks which would start after the current ones expire in December of this year.

Ok I think I missed something here...we bought Gold passes LAST November that end this upcoming December. Are we able to do some kind of upgrade to Platinum now to get the waterparks THIS year? We have a trip planned for August of this year so it's something we would do onsite.

We are planning on renewing for next year as well but I was going to wait on that. I figure that would be when we would get the new passes with waterparks which would start after the current ones expire in December of this year.

I was told you can upgrade now for free next time you are there.

Because your Gold Pass was purchased prior to the 2/12/2017 price increase, it will cost you $10.67 to upgrade to the Platinum Plus Pass. Keep an eye on your expiration date as some are losing the extra month from 13 month promo. They've been able to get the expiration date corrected.

Because your Gold Pass was purchased prior to the 2/12/2017 price increase, it will cost you $10.67 to upgrade to the Platinum Plus Pass. Keep an eye on your expiration date as some are losing the extra month from 13 month promo. They've been able to get the expiration date corrected.

Wow...that would be great. Of course it also means come renewal time (and we were planning to renew for another year) we'll have to renew to a Platinum Plus as well which is going to be more expensive than the Gold Pass. I guess we have until October to worry about that though.

Thanks for the info!

Of course it also means come renewal time (and we were planning to renew for another year) we'll have to renew to a Platinum Plus as well which is going to be more expensive than the Gold Pass.
You can upgrade/download to any level of annual pass you are entitled to when you renew and keep the renewal savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!