Connections voucher @ Beaches & Cream

babyblues68

Mouseketeer
We're going to Beaches and Cream for one of our lunches. I was wondering, the 10.50 lunch vouchers from connections includes dessert. Does this mean any dessert on the menu? :rolleyes: Even the kitchen sink?:eek:

I was kind of wondering the same thing. We are leaving in 12 days and are planning to use some of our lunch vouchers at Beaches and Cream also. This will bump this up and maybe someone else will know the answer. :) :) :pinkbounc

My understanding is it means any dessert. We used the vouchers our last trip, 2 for 4 people and the waiter split everything for us including the milkshakes (2 into 4) which was a full milkshake for each of us. We were so full by the time dessert came, that we didn't order anything extravegant, and could bearly get down a small sunday. I don't remeber the exact amount our bill would have been, but it was over $50.00, so it was a great deal. Just wish we could eat more. (2 of our people were kids 4 & 9

I have the vouchers also and plan to go to beaches and cream for lunch. I am wondering about desert also! It doesn'tnot seem possible that they would let you order a kitchen sink for dessert plus a milk shake and a hamburger plate? Right?

Muffy

Yes, it definitely INCLUDES dessert... We ordered the 8.00 sundaes... I can't see how they could say no to your getting the Kitchen Sink, although we were much too full to order it!!! The certificates worked great at Beaches & Cream, so definitely take advantage!!!! (and it covers the tip as well)

Our family of 5 used Connections Vouchers on 2 different visits to Beaches & Cream.

We had the same waitress both times, so I am only going by what she told us. (One receipt said the server was Jane B. and I can't find the other receipt right now.)

Anyway, on our first visit we only used 4 certificates. She told us that even though the certificates said an entree, side, drink, and dessert, (or a combo plus dessert) that if we ordered the hamburger which came with fries, that the fries were not considered the side so we could order another side (plus drink & dessert).

For example, my son ordered the hamburger & fries, a bowl of soup, Sprite, & chocolate cake w/ice cream for dessert.

My daughter I split a cherry ice cream soda, chicken sandwich & fries, a side order of onion rings, and the chocolate cake w/ice cream for dessert. WHEW!

Other son, Hot Dog w/fries, caeser salad, Coke, & a huge No Way Jose' hot fudge/peanut butter sundae.

Hubby, Prime Rib sub w/ fries, chicken noodle soup, Coke, & No Way Jose" sundae.

Now, actually we were so stuffed, that we had the chocolate cake boxed up to take back to the room, shared the vanilla ice cream that came with it, and also shared the two huge sundaes.

The second time we ate there, we used just 2 certificates. We really didn't need the extra sides each, and all of those desserts. With the 2 certificates we used, she took off the 2 most expensive drinks (I had a yummy orange ice cream drink called Frozen Sunshine), the 2 sides that were ordered, and the 2 most expensive sandwiches (hubby's prime rib sub was $11 alone!). AND we only ordered 1 dessert - THE KITCHEN SINK! She let my 10 & 14 year old help make it behind the counter. It had everything in the place on it and a whole can of whipped cream! She also let us leave out the cappacino ice cream and substitute other flavor. I think that it had 12 scoops in all. Plus, brownies, cake, cookies, every sprinkle & nut available, a handful of cherries, chopped up candy bars, bananas, strawberries, and every topping they had! Wow! Well, we almost managed to finish it. Just a few "ice cream soup" spoonfuls left I think. I took about 5 pictures of our progress along the way. We really wanted to send a Kitchen Sink over to another table as a secret treat (we did have another dessert coming to us after all), but they had already ordered dessert and we didn't want so much wasted food. That would have been a blast though!

Also, I asked the waitress, and she told me that they get the standard 15% tip with the Connections certificates. We gave her some additionally as she was very good and more than generous.

So, GO FOR IT! but plan your meal accordingly!

My boyfriend and I plan on having lunch at Beaches & Cream our first day there. Would it make sense to order one voucher and have us split the meal? It sure sounds like they give a lot of food!

Thanks!
Melissa :)

Hi Hockeymom, Welcome Back!!!

All I can say is WOW!!! The kitchen sink??? OMG.... I would loved to have ordered it, but it's just my DH & I along with our 4 & 6 six year olds LOL... imagine what we would look like with a kitchen sink between us!!

Before you ordered did you show the waitress the voucher & ask what you could order? We didn't, we basically stayed safe... Wish I'd known you could order an extra side!!!

Thanks for the update, we'll be back there with our remaining vouchers in a few weeks!!

Ok, My tounge is laying in the floor. I can't wait. We plan on eating there twice. Thank you so much for the info.

:pinkbounc :bounce: 22 more days:bounce: :pinkbounc

Check out mousesavers.com under WDW, meals, connection it explains it all. Beaches & Cream is at The Beach Club resort. From what I've read it's walking distance from the International Gateway in Epcot.

aero99,

All of that food is way too much for me. But, was perfect for my daughter & I to split. Especially since we got a yummy soda for our drink instead of a usual Coke. On the other hand, my husband, who can put away alot of food (especially ice cream!) did not have a problem but he ordered a Coke with his meal. I would suggest getting 2 certificates & deciding how hungry you are (and how full you want to be afterwards!). You can check out menus at the Deb Will site http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm Then decide if 1 or 2 will do. You can always find somewhere to use the other 1.

chris1gill,

Yes, I asked the waitress ahead of time what the vouchers entitled us to just to be sure. Even then, I was surprised when she asked us if we wanted another side after we ordered the sandwich which came with fries. That was also when I checked with her about the tip & tax being included.

With that being said, it may depend on the server at the time. Ask when you sit down. Even if you don't get the extra side or get to order the Kitchen Sink (which were both surprises to me) these vouchers are well worth their $10.50 at this restaurant. The typical sundaes are $7.95 and the sandwiches w/fries are all around $7-$11.

We just walked there (Beach Club Resort) from International Gateway at Epcot one afternoon and took the boat over to the resort from MGM the other visit.

What was funny, was that after our first visit, when we had 2 yummy looking pieces of chocolate cake in clear boxes, the guards at the gates back into Epcot jokingly gave us hard time. They were checking bags/purse/etc. and said that they would have to confiscate the cake. Actually, we were so stuffed that we offered the cake to them, but, they would not take it after all.

Thanks Hockeymom, I think next time I'll ask before ordering as well, who knows, might get lucky with the extra sides!!! That's a funny story about the guards... I'm sure they would have loved to have had the cake!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter