• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Considering DVC - have questions

bobcat

<font color=magenta>I had a horrible case two year
I took the DVC tour last Thanksgiving and am really interested in buying. Because of a job change this year I wouldn't be able to purchase until the beginning of next year and the rumor is that VWL will be sold out by then. This is what I saw and liked and I have heard very little about the next DVC property.

Am I correct that this will be at the Beach Club? That is a great location and I think I will like it better than VWL because of that. Does anyone know what the decor will be like? I read that the rooms for touring are ready but locked. What are the rumors? I would hate to buy and not like my home resort.

Another option is to buy at either Vero or Hilton Head. I recieved a promotional rate at HH and think I will take advantage of this and tour there. If presales start on the new resort while I'm there early next year will they have a mock up room for the new resort?

I guess I could just bide my time and wait until the new resort opens and save more of a down payment, but wouldn't the prices go up per point when the new resort opens?

Thanks for any answers you can provide, rumor or fact! This is a big purchase and I want to go in with a lot of knowledge.

Villas at WL is expected to be sold out by the end of this year, and Beach Club Villas is the next dvc resort. After that, there's nothing planned until the one at Eagle Pines opens up in 2004 or 2005.

I'm assuming BCV rooms will be themed "beachy" - with similar colors to the existing Beach Club. It should be light, rather than dark like the woodsy WL units.

Since the building is nowhere near done, I don't believe they have any rooms made up in there! It's not due to be ready for another year from now.

I'm not sure if they'll have a mock up of the rooms if they do presales. This will be the first time they've ever done a presale, and I'm not sure they'll want to be locked into a particular decor - but I could be wrong.

If you like the existing Beach Club, I can't imagine you being less than thrilled with the new BC Villas! Your best bet is to always buy at the resort you'll spend most of your time at - or buy at more than one resort if you know you'll be staying both places.

The mock ups will be at the sales office at BWV. I believe someone posted they are under lock and key right now, waiting
for presales. There is a VWL mock up at BWV as well. I think first you need to decide where you want to stay the most and have as a home resort priority. The Beach Club Villas will have the same theme as the hotel, but won't have any of the views of that resort, nor of the BW. I think that the setting is probably more secluded at VWL then BCV will be, but you will have the advantage of location and SAB. If you don't want to wait for BCV, I would think you could time it with your guide to have a contract drawn up and deposit in before the VWL sells out, and closing postponed until after the first of the year. Good Luck!!

Even if VWL will be sold out- you could still buy a resale there- or at OKW or BWV or HH or VB-for that matter, anytime you are ready. THe price is likely to be better for most of those at resale anyway.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter