Construction site near CBR?

Sandy Fisher

DIS Veteran
We were at CBR this week and across the road from the resort (the road that runs through it) there appears to be a clearing the width of a road and it goes into a wooded area and widens out as though something is going to be built. No evidence of a foundation or anything like that, just the road clearing equipment. All brush and much of the trees growing there were removed. Fences between it and the resort roadway. Without "looking down" from above it's hard to tell where it is in relation to other developed areas.
I did notice that Trinidad South seemed almost deserted while we were there and suspect they were consolidating visitors and not spreading them out as much. So it doesn't seem likely that CBR would be expanding.
I'm really just curious. Anyone know anything about this??

Could it be the dreaded Pop Century? I know it's next to CBR.

The land immediately east of the Caribbean Beach Resort is not owned by Disney.

You may be looking at preliminary work on the Bonnet Creek Resort -- not to be confused with Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Course or with Bonnet Creek Parkway, which runs past the Port Orleans Resort. Obviously, these are all named after the same creek, and the creek is not confined to the Disney property.

According to an article published in The Orlando Sentinel on July 18, 2000:
One of Walt Disney World`s long-dormant neighbors is waking from its slumber, ready to stretch its legs.

The 482-acre Bonnet Creek Resort, bordered on three sides by Disney property, is looking to build some 3,000 hotel rooms, 1,600 time-share units and a 250,000-square-foot conference center.

I'm highly confused.....like is that between CBR and the main road? where they built the road that you can't turn onto?

This was visible from the bus stop at Trinidad North in particular. The buses used two places to enter the resort when they'd come in and go out. They don't use the main entrance that is used by cars. They used the "gated" entrances. We didn't drive so I don't know exactly which one you can't enter. I do know as we were leaving one day there was a woman trying to access the road with a gate and appeared to be trying to use a key card to get it to open!! The bus driver stopped and explained to her that she had to use the main entrance. Anyway, I'm sorry I'm not better at a geographical location of all this. It disappeared in the trees and I couldn't see the end of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter