Construction Timescales

it398

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how far in advance of the inaugural cruise the Ships are floated out of the construction halls at the shipyard?

I'm due to tour the shipyard in 5 weeks and was curious if there's a possibility of the Treasure will still be in its construction hall or the yard or out at sea trials. Still excited to try to see the Destiny regardless (if there's a viewing window on the tour).

(Late March 2024, reports from multiple sources said the building area of the Treasure had been flooded with river water several weeks prior. On to the next stage. I haven’t found an easily searchable timeline. No reports that the ship has floated out of the hangar - if anyone finds that info, please correct me.)

Here’s how it went for the Wish. There were delays caused by post-Covid issues, which might have been rectified or may be ongoing.

“Disney Wish achieved another important construction milestone on February 11, 2022, as the newest Disney Cruise Line ship floated out of the massive shipyard hangar at Meyer Werft for the first time.

The move marks the next construction phase as the shipyard starts preparations for final outfitting. By the end of March, she will sail down the Ems River for the finishing touches and the all-important sea trials.

…Then in March, she will be making the famous transfer over the Ems river. Although the shipyard has made no official announcements, the Lower Saxony State Office for Water Management, Coastal Protection, and Nature Conservation has already cleared the schedule for March 28, stating that the Ems barrage at Gandersum would be closed for a ship transfer.

Disney Wish is scheduled to make her maiden voyage on July 14, 2022.”

Source: https://www.cruisehive.com/disney-c...leaves-construction-hall-at-meyer-werft/65779

The last I heard was that it was floating so they could move it to another hangar in order to start work on the Destiny.

The Treasure was floated out of the hangar in March so that the Destiny can be built there.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...newest-disney-cruise-line-ship-debuting-2024/ (March 27, 2024 post)
"Water from the Ems River was pumped into the building dock where the ship is being constructed, lifting the hull from the floor of the chamber. The shipyard team was then able to guide the Disney Treasure to a new location, where it will undergo the next phase of construction."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter