contacting Airmiles about missing miles

Pumpkin1172

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to get a little frustrated now with trying to contact Airmiles. I have tried calling and their automatic system just keeping circling around and not letting me talk to an actual customer care agent. I have to chat with them on Fb messenger as well. I got the routine " the merchant has 60 days blah blah blah " :crazy2: How do you peeps seem to get to talk to an actual person. I'm missing 75 miles from a gift card I purchased in Nov...it didn't scan properly...and they did the " make it right " am. I have both reciepts. I wouldn't have even noticed...but I went to use the gift cards today for xmas presents for the boys instead of giving them the giftcards as stocking stuffers. Please help...my fellow Airmile Olympians :worship:

I have found that ALL of the contact options are hit & miss since they hired a bunch of people to handle the deluge of calls/emails/chats/screams they had with the threatened expiry of miles last year. There are a few who are AMAZING but it seems there are many more who are less than stellar and i know the programme better than they do!

I would definitely NOT recommend the link on the website for reporting because that gets you a canned response telling you they will get back to you within 7 business days and if you then try to follow up in any other manner they will tell you there is an open ticket on your account and to wait (URGH)

It really depends on who you connect with -- online, either thru chat or FB, is my preferred method and if I run into someone who is dense i disconnect and try again. I never reach out without all my ducks in a row (see what i did there :P ) so if they question me i can spit out everything they think i might not have (store #, receipt #, clerk, date & time of purchase and in the case of FB multiple pictures to share)

In your specific case, what are you missing if they gave you "make it right"? Unfortunately even the best customer service rep won't be able to credit you the miles if the required # of days haven't past -- you will need to wait the 60 for base miles, 120 for bonus unless the offer stated a different time frame (be prepared to show proof of that)

I HATE that i need to police them to get proper credit for what i earned, i spend an incredible amount of time and energy chasing this down!

Thanks for the Reply...then I will keep these pinned onto my board right above my work desk with a date reminder in my phone if I haven't seen them. Grrrrrr...this is my first time chasing down miles as they have always been posted correctly. But this past month...i have collected the most miles i have ever in a 30 day period ( 1400+ for me which is a person best for what's available to me ) and I had forgotten about this one. I had kept the receipt separate from where I usually keep them...as I have had trouble in the past with Gift cards NOT being activated at the time of purchase. So I had that receipt with the gift cards so I would be able to track them incase they were not activated. What I royal pain in the butt this is :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!