How interested are you in the CR as a DVC location:

• Sign me up - money is no object

• I'll buy if the price / maintenance is right

• I'll stick with my current points, but stay there whenever possible

• I'll stick with my current points, but stay at the CR occasionally

• No interest in owning or staying at the CR

Results are only viewable after voting.
Contemporary is one of our favorite places! We'd be in in a second! :banana:

IN!!! Our home resort is BWV's and we would like more points!!! We would hold out for the VCR!!! I LOVE the place!!!

Finally someone who understands me!!

You're CERTAINLY not "alone"!!
The ability to hear the whistle of the WDWRR steam locomotives in the morning is another thing that really makes it special to us! :)

And the premo view of the EWP from the marina dock! :)

We LOVE the CR ! :)

We might stay once in a while for the closeness to the MK, but we already own at VWL, sot that should suffice. 500 points is all we need. Won't be buying any more.

That decor is a touch too sterile for me. Obviously, a DVC room would not look exactly like the rehab rooms. That said, the cornerstone of real estate is location---and the location is perfect for those of us with kids in the under 7 crowd. I'd be more tempted to add on there than at SSR.

I'm hoping & waiting impatiently for an announcement...want to add onto our small resale contract & would hate to purchase somewhere else, then have the Contemporary announced. Guess we'll all know in a year or so :rolleyes:

Blue&Gold said:
That decor is a touch too sterile for me. Obviously, a DVC room would not look exactly like the rehab rooms. That said, the cornerstone of real estate is location---and the location is perfect for those of us with kids in the under 7 crowd. I'd be more tempted to add on there than at SSR.

I think Disney could utilize the location and build the most popular DVC resort ever. It might be better to change the contemporary theme and build a new resort from the foundation up.

They could design some nice resort attractions like a roof top observation deck with a few Jacuzzis, catwalk into the monorail level transportation deck, walkway to MK and a new pool.

tjkraz said:
What is your own personal interest in a DVC resort at the Contemporary?

Assumptions:
* Same 2054 ending date as SSR--assume about 45-46 years of ownership (roughly 2008 to 2054.)
* Point schedules probably a bit higher than current at BWV/BCV/VWL.
* No "Standard View" component.
* DVC rooms would be in one of the Garden Wings, NOT the tower.
* Resort is in the neighborhood of 200-300 DVC rooms (between BCV and BWV sized.)
For the criteria you mention, what little interest I have in just staying at the CR would be squashed completely. Stayed at the CR last Dec. in a Garden wing room and hated it. It's all in staying in the tower as far as I can tell....maybe if we had a tower room it would have made our experience different. To only be able to stay in the garden wings though...NO interest whatsoever, especially having to pay more points for a wing room :rolleyes: And then of course because their would be a DVC option (this being in the garden wing) they would end up eliminating the option of staying in the tower on pts so there goes being able to stay in the tower altogether unless I want to pay the outrageous cash price through CRO...which I didn't want to pay hence the fact that we opted to try out the garden wing.

As far as buying into CR...No interest in that at all. Love our home resort of OKW and have a few other favorites that I'd buy into first before buying at the CR anyway.

Lately I've had a bad case of "add-on-itis". But checking out the photos of the refurbished rooms and Happy Birthday Cat's thread about the mouseplanet rumors, I'm definitely holding out for VCR. I would buy in the moment I hear the announcement!

We had a great experience staying in the South Garden wing about three years back. Best place I've ever viewed the Electrical Water pageant! Some of the Garden Wing rooms sit within feet of the edge of Bay Lake. We loved the size of the rooms for a family of 5 (even though they were a bit frayed) and the relative quiet compared to the Tower. Nice to be right on site with Chef Mickey's and the California Grill.

Come on DVC, make the announcement!!!

I would love to own at the CR. I have stayed there many times and love it!
I have always found it a convenient place to stay.
Hope they offer them soon! :cheer2:

I haven't purchased DVC yet, but if the Contemporary became available, I would have to grab that. It's my son's favorite resort. I would hope they would make at least one floor available for DVC, but even the wings are great, in my opinion (love the monorail access everywhere).

I don't understand why someone would use points on it now. Depending on when you go, you "pay" more (by not renting out the points) by almost $70 per night on Sunday through Thursday, and by as much as $300 on Friday and Saturday.

Anyway, count me in if it happens.

I like Contemporary but not enough to buy there. Now if DVC builds at AKL or Poly that is a different matter. I would buy points at those locations!!

JimC said:
I like Contemporary but not enough to buy there. Now if DVC builds at AKL or Poly that is a different matter. I would buy points at those locations!!

Ditto. I would probably try and stay at the CR once just for the experience but our home resort will be VWL which is close enough to MK for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter