• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contracts with 2023 points August use year

tom1944

DIS Veteran
I already booked my trip for August 2024 by using all my 2024 points and borrowing from my 2025 points. Our next trip will be in August of 2025. If I purchase a contract that has 2023 points, how would they have any value to me?

I know I could try to rent them through an agency. I would rather not deal with that to be honest.

Could I use those points by replacing the 2024 points I used and then bank the 2024 points I had used into 2025?

Since we are not planning another trip from August 2024 through July 2025 are the 2023 points not worth anything beyond renting them?

As always thank you

Assuming the points are the same home resort or the August 24 res was made inside 7 months, you can replace the 24 UY points with the banked 23 UY points, and then bank the August 24 points in to the 2025 UY. I have done this a lot as I keep getting contracts with banked 23 points!

Assuming the points are the same home resort or the August 24 res was made inside 7 months, you can replace the 24 UY points with the banked 23 UY points, and then bank the August 24 points in to the 2025 UY. I have done this a lot as I keep getting contracts with banked 23 points!
Thank you.

So, the 2023 points have to be banked by April 1st?

I already booked my trip for August 2024 by using all my 2024 points and borrowing from my 2025 points. Our next trip will be in August of 2025. If I purchase a contract that has 2023 points, how would they have any value to me?

I know I could try to rent them through an agency. I would rather not deal with that to be honest.

Could I use those points by replacing the 2024 points I used and then bank the 2024 points I had used into 2025?

Since we are not planning another trip from August 2024 through July 2025 are the 2023 points not worth anything beyond renting them?

As always thank you
Renting points is super easy, FWIW.

As always thank you

@tom1944, keep in mind that any modification done to use banked points needs to be done at least 31 days prior to check in date. If done 30 days or less prior to check-in, the returned points go into holding status.

In some cases (depends on the use year of the new contract) 2023 points would need to be banked to use for a 2024 vacation.

The banking deadline for August 2024 points is March 31, 2025, but since that is after your August 2024 vacation, the more important date to remember is the "modify at least 31 days prior" deadline if you want to bank the returned 2024 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter