Conundrum of those with points expiring during while parks are closed due to COVID-19.

Bdchili

Earning My Ears
I don’t fall into the group of people who will have their points possibly expire during this period of everything being shut down. I realize and appreciate the issue that DVC faces on how to address this extremely unique situation and the potential repercussions of simply allowing those points to float into the following use year, especially with WDW 50th on the horizon. Bottom line there is NO good answer to this problem.

So just a thought? What if there was a concession made in the way of Park Passes made for those situations, maybe even an allotment of Gold Annual Passes?

I realize this could go down a Rabbit Hole of discussion and I don’t have the answers, but if something was possible and it was me who had points that were going to expire something along those lines what make me happy even if it was just a limited number of days. It could be limited to the number of people who are in the direct family of the owner of the points, etc. I realize that Park Passes and DVC are in two separate BU’s, so it simply may not be something that is possible but...just a thought.

The only way for DVCM to offer people park passes is for them to negotiate a deal with Disney Parks and Resorts to do so,

Given the losses that division is facing, I am not sure that would be something they would be eager to do,

This paragraph from today's email says to me that they're still trying to figure out how to exactly address this problem:

"In addition, some Members may have questions about reservation cancellations involving Points that are set to expire soon. At this time, we are evaluating the banking and expiration policy and the use of certain Points impacted by the closures. As a part of our evaluation process, we need to be considerate of the impact any changes could have on future inventory availability for the Membership overall. A decision will be made when we better understand how long COVID-19 will impact our operations."

I can only imagine how difficult it must be for the DVC team to balance all the competing interests among members and keep things as fair as they can.

100% Agreed! We are in a time that nothing is easy. Glass is half full in me says this time has made me appreciate WDW even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter