Cool and rainy for our trip - pools and crowds?

Mintycake

DIS Veteran
Leaving next week for our trip and weather is looking cool and rainy. Staying at PPH Hotel. Two questions:

1). Are pools heated at pph?
2). Does dl empty out when it rains? We are bringing ponchos and plan to tough it out!

Not sure when you're going, but the forecast I'm looking at next week looks really nice. Sunny and 70's for highs. Maybe a little morning rain Monday, but that's it.

I'm an hour south and its pretty dang hot right now. I don't foresee much rain, if at all. If its really light and short it doesn't have too much effect on crowds. If its pouring rain for hours then the crowds are nice.

Gosh, I hope it rains. 97 degree Thanksgiving was not my favorite. But I agree with many PPs; I'm seeing sunny and 74 next Friday for Anaheim...

To answer your questions, while the hotel pools are technically "heated," they are not warm. We swam at the DLH pool last Friday around 2:30, and while it had been a warm day, the hotel towers were blocking the sun by then and we were chilly!!! We felt the PP pool and it seemed similar to us (we had a room at each hotel).

Disneyland does not clear out lately unless it's pouring rain, or on day 2-3 of rain when people have changed plans accordingly.

I just looked at the forecast, I don't expect much rain from that but you really need to wait until you're a little closer to know for sure. Predictions could worsen or even clear up entirely. If it stays they same I expect usual crowds in the parks but it will be a pleasant break from the annoying heat we've been experiencing this year.

What's the most accurate site for local weather?
I like to look at the local TV stations- so for Anaheim it would be the Los Angeles ABC, CBS, etc. I find them generally to be more accurate. Those are 7 day forecasts, and even then not always accurate, but gives you an idea if rain is expected. Any more than 7 days out- I find not so reliable.

Last edited:
What's the most accurate site for local weather?

I look at both Accuweather.com and Wunderground.com and if they are both the same or very close i go with those. Also anything over 3 days is an educated guess , over 5 days is a good guess, over 10 days is a wild guess.

If it's more than a drizzle you can do a lot in the park!! It doesn't empty but seeing as us Californians have a deep distrust of anything falling from the sky that is not rays of sunshine a decent amount of people will be in hiding. (Now, the outside rides will close in a good rain so keep that in mind!)

You're still rather far out to have a halfway decent weather read, but at least you won't find yourself dashing inside to buy $10 plastic bags, uh- "ponchos", like I did on my trip to WDW a couple weeks ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter