Copper Creek over Aulani? - West Coast based family

Bringing this thread back from the dead to share an update with everyone...

I completely flip flopped on my opinion (again) on CCV vs Aulani. lol. And the wife and I decided that Aulani was ultimately the better choice for our home resort. We made an offer on an Aulani 125pt resale contract just to get our feet wet, and it was accepted! Now we wait for ROFR. Ultimately we want around 250pt total, so we plan on adding on in a year or two. But we just wanted to break up the sunk cost a bit so it doesn't hit all at once.

So what pushed me back to Aulani was the realization that from a ratio stand point, there would be more Aulani trips than WDW trips. And we could take advantage of the 11 month booking window to utilize the lower point cost of standard level rooms at Aulani. Essentially making our points stretch a bit further. And that's what made it click for me. Wife was always team Aulani so she was quick with the "I told you so!" (Yet again she was right). I was previously just so fixated on the fact that we would want to plan our WDW trips further out than an Aulani trips, so we needed to have an WDW DVC resort as our home resort I overlooked the advantage of making our points stretch if we booked lower point level rooms. Duh!

And as for the occasional WDW trip (every 3 years or so), our plan is to book or waitlist CCV, and have Saratoga in our back pocket. Just have to self manage my expectation that I might not get the CCV booking I really want. Or plan on split stays at Saratoga then CCV. We shall see.

Excited for the future!
Aloha ʻohana! 🍍 🌴 🥥

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter