Corn People

As we approach the 10th anniversary of the "Here's your rocket bar you fat cow" it is fitting that John brought up the "corn people" in the podcast. They predated my involvement on the boards by several years. By the time I arrived, they had achieved Walt Disney level mythical proportions.
This makes absolutely zero sense to me. Clearly an inside joke.

There was a thread on the Community Board back before the Big Board Crash... thinking maybe around 2001, 2002? The topic was something like "What was the strangest thing you ever saw at Walt Disney World." That thread was a couple of hundred pages long, and I guarantee that there were more DISers in addition to me that were seriously laughing out loud.

One of them, of course, was the two people sharing a can of corn on the steps of city hall.

Another one was about the great dwarf brawl. That story was so funny it's been retold a few times, and this is the original poster (WillyJ):
Okay, here's the dwarf brawl story.

This was my first contribution to the classic "What's the strangest thing you've seen at WDW" thread. I'm going by memory, but it's a true story and my post went something like this:

"My strangest thing actually happened at Disneyland back in 1975. I was born and raised in Long Beach, but we were selling our house and moving to the Midwest, so my mom dropped my younger brother and I off at Disneyland one summer morning for one last visit before we left.

I was 15, he was 14, and we had a blast running around the park, hitting rides, eating, hanging at the old Magic Store, playing the old arcade games. . .

We were supposed to meet our folks out front at 6pm, so around a quarter 'til we headed that way. We got to the area between the train station and ticket booths were you could see the pick-up/drop-off area and didn't see our car, so we hung out there waiting om them.

In the area, Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs were interacting with guests coming and going and we were watching that, when a group of 5 or 6 wanna-be gang-bangers (around our age) pushed their way through the crowd and one said something to the young lady playing Snow White. I couldn't hear what was said, but Snow said something back, and the kid reached out and grabbed her in a inappropriate place.

Next thing I knew, one of the Dwarfs slammed his plastic head into the kid and knocked him back, Snow screamed, and the brawl was on!

The gang-bangers were winging punches at the Dwarfs, but their big plastic heads absorbed the blows; the Dwarfs were winging punches at the gang-bangers, but their floppy arms weren't doing much damage either. Pretty soon Dwarfs and gang-bangers were rolling around fighting, with about a hundred people standing around in stunned silence.

Just as security arrived, I noticed my folks pull up and my brother and I got the heck out of there. On the way home we told them about what would be called "The Great Dwarf Brawl of '75" to this day.

We moved soon after."

and the family that marked out their parade viewing area with chalk and told others it was reserved while the rest of their party went on attractions ...

There was also the thread about the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you at a Disney park. It was so funny.

While I don't remember much of these that have been recently posted, the one I do remember most is the "Red sauce is comes out of a can"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!