Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

My 4/27 cruise was just cancelled. Hesitant to book a mid-May cruise as who knows that the situation will be like then. Looks like my only other option is a HOTHS cruise in Sept.

My 4/27 cruise was just cancelled. Hesitant to book a mid-May cruise as who knows that the situation will be like then. Looks like my only other option is a HOTHS cruise in Sept.

What were the ports of your cruise?

All sailing through 4/28 cancelled.

wow. Hard to imagine DCL sailing while every other cruise line is canceled. We have a cruise on 4/30 so I feel like we continue to be stuck in limbo. We were prepared to switch to a mid-late May cruise on the Dream but I guess we will stay with what we have for now

I would definitely not book mid-May. Most other cruiselines have already cancelled through mid-May already so DCL will probably follow that shortly.

I most likely am not. This is my 6th DCL cruise anyway so I'll rebook with the credit and take a longer cruise in the Fall. Funny thing is I was original going to sail in the Fall anyway, but cancelled for April. Guess I am going back to the original plan now.

4 night Disney Dream, Nassau and Castaway Cay.

Same sailing we were on. I figured this was going to be the case once the distancing guidelines were extended until 4/30. We're taking the refund. Until a vaccine is available, or even an approved treatment, I'm not sure how one can avoid the risk for the foreseeable future.

wow. Hard to imagine DCL sailing while every other cruise line is canceled. We have a cruise on 4/30 so I feel like we continue to be stuck in limbo. We were prepared to switch to a mid-late May cruise on the Dream but I guess we will stay with what we have for now

Hmm... wonder if the discounts would "stack" if you rebook a cancelled April cruise in May at 125% FCC, and that gets cancelled, and then you rebook again. Would you get another 125%--effectively doubling the onboard credit?

Probably not, but if I were cruising in April, and would still be comfortable cruising in mid-May if they don't cancel, I might try it, just to see...

Hmm... wonder if the discounts would "stack" if you rebook a cancelled April cruise in May at 125% FCC, and that gets cancelled, and then you rebook again. Would you get another 125%--effectively doubling the onboard credit?

Probably not, but if I were cruising in April, and would still be comfortable cruising in mid-May if they don't cancel, I might try it, just to see...
We were going to book late May on the Dream once they canceled our 4/30 sailing but since they didn't we will just wait I guess. We likely won't be able to cruise for the rest of the year so were really hoping on going once all this clears up and sailings start back. I just have a hard time seeing a 4/30 cruise still happening

This latest cancellation included the Wonder relocation from San Diego to Vancouver as well. The crew's all found out this morning as well - while we all feel this for vacations - remember the thousands of people that strive to serve us. They are all working without their gratuities, in not great conditions and barred at all ports from getting off the ships.

Has anyone seen any word on if DCL is giving the 25% credit to folks who already canceled their April 13-28 cruise like they eventually did for the first round of cancellations?

I received my DCL documents and luggage tags today... :sad2: Typically I would be jumping up and down as I am 34 days out but it is quite the opposite feeling now. As of 11 a.m. this morning- 4/28 is the new cutoff but I know my cruise scheduled for 5/4 on the Magic will be canceled.

We were going to book late May on the Dream once they canceled our 4/30 sailing but since they didn't we will just wait I guess. We likely won't be able to cruise for the rest of the year so were really hoping on going once all this clears up and sailings start back. I just have a hard time seeing a 4/30 cruise still happening

given that our kids aren't even going back in school on April 30, I can't imagine anyone will be cruising.

I can't imagine that May is even going to be a choice. I think June is probably a wash, and quite possibly all of summer.

4/28? Seems like an odd date to choose

Actually, it's likely a very strategic date. If they followed Royal Caribbean's lead and extended the cancelations another 30 days....that would have taken DCL out to 5/12....and that would have resulted in the cancelations of the first cruise sailing from Vancouver (4/29) and the EBTA (5/11). So them canceling things through 4/28 is a carefully selected date.

While I dont think it much matters for the Vancouver cruises (considering the Canadian port ban)....the problem is, as soon as DCL whacks the EBTA - everyone sailing the med will call DCL demanding more info.

I really think they are trying to stagger these announcements, so their phone lines dont melt. Problem is, we're starting to reach critical mass. If they dont start canceling some of these logistically impacted cruises (especially Canada and Med), they are really screwing the people who are booked on them.

given that our kids aren't even going back in school on April 30, I can't imagine anyone will be cruising.

I can't imagine that May is even going to be a choice. I think June is probably a wash, and quite possibly all of summer.

Yeah I agree, I just want something to look forward to haha

Has anyone worked out how much it is costing per cancelled sailing? How much will they lose when the Hawaii, EBTA and Med get cancelled?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter