Coronavirus discounts on the horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter lives in Montreal and sent me this.
View attachment 481002
Yes, they've closed the borders now. I think I initially posted that like two weeks ago when things were less crazy. I mean, work still couldn't stop me, but it would be a heck of a task getting in and out of the country. Not to mention it's more important for me to be here right now.

I think initially, yes, definitely some discounts, but I bet they're going to be snatched up. Why? There are probably a LOT of people who have no current plans to go to WDW. BUT, after this panic is over, those same people will be thinking "how can we celebrate getting through this?" And they're going want to go to Disney World.
You just survived the global pandemic... what are you going to do next?

I'm going to Disney!!!!!!

I'm on the fence about this... one one hand I can see there being discounts because of the impact to the travel industry and people maybe being scared to travel for a while. On the other hand, I worry that Disney is losing so much money that they might hike the prices to try and generate revenue.

I'm on the fence about this... one one hand I can see there being discounts because of the impact to the travel industry and people maybe being scared to travel for a while. On the other hand, I worry that Disney is losing so much money that they might hike the prices to try and generate revenue.
That is exactly how I feel. I could make an argument one way or the other.

I see them offering good deals to get people back into the park. I think parks will start opening around July. They will want to get people back in the parks to show people who are thinking of booking trips in the future thta everything is OK. I think they will run limited shows and parades. But when 50th anniversary runs around they will announce they are back to normal and then go back to normal price which were good profits for them. When it first reopens it will be just fill parks to show a everyone its OK to come

Last edited:
The can’t hike prices if people dont have jobs. Disney’s prices are so inflated they can offer the deep discounts and they’ll still be making a ton of money. Same goes for DCl.

I see them offering good deals to get people back into the park. I think parks will start opening around July. They will want to get people back in the parks to show people who are thinking of booking trips in the future thta everything is OK. I think they will run limited shows and parades. But when 50th anniversary runs around they will announce they are back to normal and then go back to normal price swhuch we're good profits for them. When it first reopens it will be just fill parks to show a everyone its OK to come
The parks are closed to July?

I can’t see any business being closed for four months and remaining solvent. What about all the employees and servers dependent on tips. I imagine a lot of the servers are making six figure salaries especially the ones in the signature restaurants. Those aren’t college kids. Many of them are career servers and have worked there for many years.
I would expect WDW to be closed no more than a month. They are working on some ideas to open in a limited capacity. No parades, fireworks, virtual lines for rides and quick service, reduced seating at table service etc.

It's all speculation as to when it'll open. Shanghai Disneyland has been closed for 2 months and is still not open. I think a lot of people are pretty convinced that an April opening is pretty much out of the question.
Their re-opening will depend on how contained (or un-contained) this virus becomes.

It's all speculation as to when it'll open. Shanghai Disneyland has been closed for 2 months and is still not open. I think a lot of people are pretty convinced that an April opening is pretty much out of the question.
Their re-opening will depend on how contained (or un-contained) this virus becomes.
I've got a dummy booking in June just in case April falls through. I figure we should learn something from Disney in the next few days.

I honestly think Disney can sustain through this, even if it goes several months. This is a company with people at the helm who know how to make tough decisions and navigate a bad economy. If Disney goes under, God help us all.😞
Hopefully, you are right. This is unprecedented. They've never had to close all their parks, cruise lines, and movie production for months. Things are going to be pretty ugly when they reopen. This is so much worse than 9/11 or 2008. There's going to mass layoffs in the travel industry.

Does anyone know why Aulani is still open when literally every other Disney property is closed?

Does anyone know why Aulani is still open when literally every other Disney property is closed?
I would guess because it is essentially a hotel. The theme park hotels are primarily for people visiting the theme parks, and closing them was a way of discouraging travel to theme parks (plus, I'm sure bookings were really down). Cruise ships are a petri dish, and will probably be the last to reopen. People can semi-isolate in their hotel rooms or take a walk on the beach while still social distancing. I wouldn't want to be there at the moment, but I can see the appeal. Also, HI is pretty geographically isolated. If COVID 19 hits there hard, there might be some recalibration of the risk, but for now, it seems semi-protected. My two cents.

I’m surprised it’s open. Since most countries have closed off any non essential travel. Also surprised Hawaii hasn’t closed off travel. They may not have a problem yet, but it will be all the tourists bringing it in from the mainland.

I would expect WDW to be closed no more than a month. They are working on some ideas to open in a limited capacity. No parades, fireworks, virtual lines for rides and quick service, reduced seating at table service etc.

Many reports are peaks might be later in April into May. Seriously doubt travel & tourism will be up & running in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter