Corral placement for 5k & 10k (WDW Marathon Wknd 2016)

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
Hey there :) I did the 5k last year and we'll be doing the 10k this year but we were in the second to last corral and it was rather frustrating. I noted on the website that no proof of time is required for those races. Does anyone know how corrals are determined? If you can optionally submit proof of time or something? Or is it based on when you signed up, or how many races you've done? We have a chipped 5k coming up in my area and I can easily sign up if needed.

I can only assume that corral placement is based on one of several possible factors: 1) your declared estimated finish time; 2) your proof of time for the half or full if you are running those races too; 3) your time on record for a previous race at WDW. I highly doubt it depends on how many races you've done or when you sign up. Neither of those factors has any bearing at all on how fast you can run.

I am pretty sure I am alone in thinking this, but my theory is that they do it based on when you sign up for the race itself (the earlier you sign up, the higher you are placed).

I think its a combination of when you signed up and what you put for an estimated finish. Here's why. I signed my dad up in 2014, but after the first day of registration don't remember exactly when, but at least a day or two later, maybe more. I put 15-16 min/mile for estimated finish. He got corral D. This year I signed up myself and my daughter both the first day of early DVC registration. I put my estimated finish at 10 min/mile. I got corral B. I also signed my daughter up during early registration and entered 15-16 min/mile (she's six) and she got corral C, as did my mom who signed up that day and entered the same time. The times for my parents and daughter were the same 2014 to 2015, it was when everyone signed up that was different. I also signed my daughter and I up at the same time, her first because I knew my mom was already in, and it was more important my daughter get in than I, and I ended up in B, she C (but I had a faster estimated finish). So I do not think it is solely on registration time. So I think its by time first, but toward the end of each corral filling if they have a lot of people with the same estimated finish, it then goes by order of registration.

I am pretty sure I am alone in thinking this, but my theory is that they do it based on when you sign up for the race itself (the earlier you sign up, the higher you are placed).

I would have thought this too. The first running I every did I went for 2013 TOT 10 miler and the January half 2014. Then into the Goofy 2015. Then I started to run the 5K

With the way everything is selling out so fast i could magine that registering at 12 noon got the front corrals, 12:01 gets you mid pack, 12:02 get the last corrals, and 12:03 gets sorry we are sold out :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter