Costa Rica transfer changes

Thank you for clarifying! I was imagining the boot as a receptacle :rotfl2:

Figured desperate times called for desperate measures. Glad you didn’t have to go through Scotland with only one shoe!
:rotfl:

Sayhello

Tauck lists the on-tour air as $145, so that refund was more than generous. :) And it's their policy for all trips to refund any savings to the customer.

Tauck's policy states:

We pledge to make every effort to operate all tours as advertised. We reserve the right to alter or curtail the itinerary, or substitute sightseeing, hotels, and/or conveyances as deemed necessary. Any savings realized by these changes will be refunded to you. Any resultant added expense will be covered by us.

Just because you can legally do something doesn't make it right. ABD not refunding the difference between the cost of airfare and bus transportation is a rip off in my opinion.

We just returned from the ABD Costa Rica trip. The first night was supposed to be OYO and we (family of four) were given $180 in food vouchers for our dinner. The guide said it was given to compensate for the itinerary change.
We didn’t order any alcohol or dessert but had three appetizers and four entrees and it cost $178.

We just returned from the ABD Costa Rica trip. The first night was supposed to be OYO and we (family of four) were given $180 in food vouchers for our dinner. The guide said it was given to compensate for the itinerary change.
We didn’t order any alcohol or dessert but had three appetizers and four entrees and it cost $178.
That’s great news, glad to hear it. We leave on Friday for ours, and I have stocked up on all things motion-sickness prevention!

That’s great news, glad to hear it. We leave on Friday for ours, and I have stocked up on all things motion-sickness prevention!

Also, don’t know if you are a mojito fan but there were several meals where Disney covered two adult beverages and the guides said it was because of the itinerary change.

Also, for zip lining, they recommend “yoga type capris” for the ladies...of which none of us had packed a pair. It makes total sense once you are there but not anything any one of us thought about in advance.

Also, don’t know if you are a mojito fan but there were several meals where Disney covered two adult beverages and the guides said it was because of the itinerary change.

Also, for zip lining, they recommend “yoga type capris” for the ladies...of which none of us had packed a pair. It makes total sense once you are there but not anything any one of us thought about in advance.

Thanks for the tips, added the leggings to my packing list!

We did this tour in August, and our flight to Tortugero was also changed. Our guide told us there were safety concerns with the company involved. I honestly never considered the difference in cost for not flying. However, I do know that every meal, except the first night, was included, with alcohol at every dinner. And the Chocolate Rainforest was a highlight of the trip!

And the Chocolate Rainforest was a highlight of the trip!

Can you tell me a little bit about the Chocolate Rainforest? I'm considering this ABD, but wondering if this activity is much different from what we've already done in Cozumel. If it's more or less the same activity, then I'll likely go with another trip provider that has a very similar itinerary. Thanks!

Can you tell me a little bit about the Chocolate Rainforest? I'm considering this ABD, but wondering if this activity is much different from what we've already done in Cozumel. If it's more or less the same activity, then I'll likely go with another trip provider that has a very similar itinerary. Thanks!
We started with learning the history of chocolate, saw the cacao plant in all its stages, then went to the demonstration phase. Our guide was fantastic; he calls himself El Chapo Guapo, and he is knowledgeable and funny. He showed us the stages the bean goes through in processing. We got to taste the fresh cacao plant, the dried cacao bean, then the roasted bean. There is audience participation in the grinding and mixing process. We got the chance to sample hot chocolate the way it was originally served (interesting...); and then the best part: we got to sample the final product, mixed with the flavors of your choosing, of which there were over a dozen. Of course there is a small gift shop, as well.
Sorry that I don't know how to post a link, but you can find the tour easily in the search engine of your choice. Their tagline is "the sweetest rainforest experience."

We started with learning the history of chocolate, saw the cacao plant in all its stages, then went to the demonstration phase. Our guide was fantastic; he calls himself El Chapo Guapo, and he is knowledgeable and funny. He showed us the stages the bean goes through in processing. We got to taste the fresh cacao plant, the dried cacao bean, then the roasted bean. There is audience participation in the grinding and mixing process. We got the chance to sample hot chocolate the way it was originally served (interesting...); and then the best part: we got to sample the final product, mixed with the flavors of your choosing, of which there were over a dozen. Of course there is a small gift shop, as well.
Sorry that I don't know how to post a link, but you can find the tour easily in the search engine of your choice. Their tagline is "the sweetest rainforest experience."
Thanks for all the detail! This sounds very similar to what we did in Cozumel. It was a lot of fun and DS loved it, but I’m not sure we need to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!