Could an American ask for help here to plan a trip to Dublin?

The commentary on the bus said she was there, but we didn't see her statue on the street.

Molly Malone is at the bottom of Grafton street. I was there last week and she was back up :confused3

I have read an article from The Irish Store which is clearly given full detailed information about itinerary to Ireland including Dublin. I would definitely suggest you read this article. I believe it will provide you with all information up to your expectation.

Also, I would suggest you following article which will definitely help you to have an amazing time in Ireland.

Article 1: Best things to do in Dublin
Article 2: Traditional Irish Pubs to Visit in Dublin
Article 3: Top 10 Irish Castles

Last edited:
Hi Deb and welcome (almost) to Dublin. Your choices of hotels will be very dependent on budget. But there are not many that will accommodate 4 adults in a room. It may be worth considering an apartment which can be got for about $300 per night. Oh yeah, Dublin is not cheap :rotfl2: Food wise, we have everything, all areas of the world are well represented but again, not cheap to eat here. A good area with lots of choice is Temple Bar which is in the City Centre. Be careful of hotels/apartments that say they are close to the City, they may be but our public transport isn't exactly of a high standard, and guess what, taxi's aren't cheap!! But it is a great place to visit and I'm sure you'll have a ball!!!

The most popular things to see are Guinness Storehouse, Jameson Distilltery, Trinity College (Book of Kells), national Gallery and Museums, there's more than enough to keep you going for 4 days!! Also have a look at visitdublin.com lots of info there. We also have the obligatory city pass card which may work well if you plan on visiting a lot of attractions, www.dublinpass.ie

If you like strolling around and smelling the roses, I'd also suggest Malahide Castle, Powerscourt House & Gardens. Dalkey and Howth are also lovely areas to take a stroll around.

If there's anything you'd like some help on, feel free to PM me or respond to this as I have subscribed to the thread.
Hi! Can you get to Dalkey or Powerscourt by DART?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!