Counter service: How can you postpone the purchase of your dessert?

Has anyone tried this at POP? We would love to have ice cream after lunch, but last year it was melted before we were done.

me4disney said:
Has anyone tried this at POP? We would love to have ice cream after lunch, but last year it was melted before we were done.

We did that at POP, just ordered the dessert as we checked out, then went to stand in the humongous ice cream line after we ate.

Thank you. What were you able to order from the ice cream area? Do you just tell the cashier when you pay? Did they mark your receipt? Thanks again.

Also got the smiley stamp at Movies to go back and get 5 deserts after eating our meal. We had some counter service credits to use on our last night, so zipped over to the A/S Movies (my favorite food court) and the CM told us what to do about the deserts. I think the CMs at the Value resorts pretty much have this process under control, especially during the free dining plan last year. I think everyone staying at a value was pretty much getting the free dining.

Sorry it took so long to get back here. I doubled checked my husband's memory on this issue. \

As I stated before, we definitely did it at both BB and TL. At both places, we were given coins and we were allowed to use them for ice cream at an ice cream cart at the park. We did not have to go back to the CS which gave them to us.

At MK we had lunch in FrontierLand and that is where I went back to later to get ice cream. It really was not a big deal to go back because we were spending alot of time between splash mountain and thunder mountain.

At MGM, we just went back and ate our dessert there. It was a nice to take a break in the AC. It was at the ABC comm.

We will definitely be doing this again this next trip. For us, even if you had to go back, it really was not a big deal.

Have great trips everyone and post back what happened.

Simba's Mom said:
I didn't know this might be possible, so what I was planning to do was to take giant ziploc bags with me to the parks, and just put the dessert in a ziploc bag for later...

....Hmmmm:scratchin Ice-cream-in-a-bag - I think you are ON to something.... :rotfl:

Thanks DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR!!!

Thanks EVERYONE for your replies!!!

Kimmar, you are so funny! OT - that post in HorseGirl's trip report where you said something like, "Psssst, HorseGirl, the coast is clear......now, giddyup" is one of the funniest things I've ever read on these boards.

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR said:
At MK we had lunch in FrontierLand and that is where I went back to later to get ice cream. ...
At MGM, ... It was at the ABC comm.
At these two places, do you recall what the dessert token was?

jbbt said:
Thanks DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR!!!

Thanks EVERYONE for your replies!!!

Kimmar, you are so funny! OT - that post in HorseGirl's trip report where you said something like, "Psssst, HorseGirl, the coast is clear......now, giddyup" is one of the funniest things I've ever read on these boards.

..... :blush: gee, thanks! You'd THINK that the Tag Fairy would 'pick up' on those 'gems'..... :confused3

bicker said:
At these two places, do you recall what the dessert token was?

At both MK and MGM, they ripped the receipt when I handed it back to them for our dessert. They did not give out tokens--that was only at BB & TL.

I am so glad I stumbled onto this board...I would have never thought of this on my own, and since we have the DP - many CS dessert part of our meals would have been lost, since we would have thought the ice cream would have melted (or too full)! Also since there will be 6 of us in our party...and if we all get receipts for dessert later, it can be a few snacks for the little ones. I will definately inquire and ask when we get CS.

Thanks

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR said:
I just wanted to remind everyone that it was not something that was offered. You had to mention it to the cashier when ordering.
Good advice. Also, keep in mind that this is not part of the dining plan program -- it is something some of the eateries are doing as a favor to some of their guests. I'm sure some of the eateries will continue to do this until word gets out on the Internet about it -- OOPS!

:rotfl:

Seriously, this is something that as soon as word gets out about it and there starts being more people coming back for dessert than they can legitimately track with little tears in receipts, they'll either have to have a more formal mechanism for it or they'll have to no longer offer it.

Actually TL offered it to me. They have the tokens ready to give out. The system in place seemed to be to give everyone tokens. I would have had to asked to get my ice cream with my CS meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter