"Country Boy" has Valet Parking Question

Plus not all the time is the person who fills out the valet slip the person who parks the car. I've seen several times the CM hand off the keys to someone else to run the vehicle to the lot. another time we came out of the BC enroute to the bus stop to see our rental still sitting out front 20 minutes later.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
Thanks for explaining Dean. If it is proper etiquette, then I will definitely rethink our routine.
As to waitress work, I know my daughter tips out the hostess, the bus boy and the bar tender after her shift, and, at those times she does hostess duty her hourly pay rate is more.
My pleasure. This is what the experts recommed but of course anyone is free to do as they wish. You may want to review a couple of the sites that address these issues so you're comfortable exactly where you stand. Also, many DVC members tip the maids. Also their option but Disney considers these non tipped positions. I only tip them if they do something special for us or if we leave them a mess. OTOH, we usually strip the beds, pill the towels, take out the trash and generally have things ready for them to turn arount for the next family. I guess it's my general timeshare training. Many times they'll park one car as they go get another one.

I don't tip the maids either. Primarily because I do the same as you. The bed is stripped and the sheets and towels are piled up near the front door, the dishes are done and put away and the unit quite tidy. The day I walk in and not have to call for things that are missing is the day I might tip them.

As to reading up, I am always delighted to learn things. can you give me some links? TIA.

I tip on the full cleaning day, because they are changing the sheets, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. I also tip if we request additional items like extra pillows or blankets. I do not tip if I am requesting an item that is missing from the room; that should have been there to begin with! I leave a very nominal tip on T&T day because we empty our own trash and leave the dirty towels piled by the front door. I do not tip when we check out because we also strip the beds, etc., and really at that point they are not servicing the room for us; but for the next guest. I also tip when we get turn down service, which we have requested and gotten at BWV.
I do not follow the etiquette rules of tipping to the "T". I tend to overtip at times (i.e valet parking-I tip both ways) and do tip when it is not required (i.e. housekeeping at WDW resorts). I generally go by the rule of thumb that if someone at a resort/sit down restaurant etc is providing a service for me, I will tip them. The amount of the tip does vary according to the service provided and how well the service was provided. I also tend to tip much higher than the etiquette rules of tipping for exceptional service. Having lived and worked all my life, in a big tourist area where many jobs are tip positions and also having worked for years in the Compensation field dealing with salaries everyday, tipping is just second nature to me.

We were at a local restaurant tonight where two of my patients mom's work as waitresses.

I thought you were an accountant??????

Are taxes so bad that you've had to take to calling your clients patients?

I tip $5, most of the time both ways. I don't worry about not having cash pulling up because I know its not expected.

I used to leave $20 for t&t, the they limited what was done and I realized that tipping maids at WDW was almost not expected. I used to leave $40-60 on the full clean up and last day, realizing its not expected, we leave the place clean, strip the beds we used, fill and run the dishwasher and leave nothing or a $10.

Originally posted by Richyams
I thought you were an accountant??????

Are taxes so bad that you've had to take to calling your clients patients?
Pediatrician. But I can count to 20 as long as the child has the full complement of fingers and toes. But I am working on my taxes today if that's any consolation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter