Couple of questions

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about doing a trip to London and Paris to celebrate my 30th birthday in May. It'll be just me and my future husband on the trip. I'd have one week and my current idea for a plan is fly to London after work on Friday, stay until Monday, take the train to Paris and stay there until Friday, take the train back to London spend a few more days there and fly home.

• I know Paris has a lot of strikes. Could the train between London and Paris go on strike and we end up stuck? What do people do if that happens?
  • I want to go to Disneyland Paris, was thinking one or two days of the trip. Would it be okay to stay at the same hotel in Paris and just take a train to Disneyland Paris or should we stay at one of the onsite hotels?
  • We plan to go to Versailles as well, if you recommend staying onsite at Disney, would it be easier to get to Versailles from there or from the city of Paris?
  • We would also like to see the Louvre, Notre Dame, and the Eiffel Tower. Does this trip sound doable?

• I know Paris has a lot of strikes. Could the train between London and Paris go on strike and we end up stuck? What do people do if that happens?
    I googled, and acccording to news articles Eurostar wasn't much effected by the strikes this year. If your train gets cancelled, get yourself rebooked to the next.

• I want to go to Disneyland Paris, was thinking one or two days of the trip. Would it be okay to stay at the same hotel in Paris and just take a train to Disneyland Paris or should we stay at one of the onsite hotels?
    Of course it's okay :) With DLP is easily reached by train (depending on where in Paris you are, you might need to transfer), if you are able to get around using public transportation in a big city, then you can manage Paris. With such a short trip I would definitely stay in the city. You won't have the magical hours, but during the week in May, you can get a lot done without them.
  • We plan to go to Versailles as well, if you recommend staying onsite at Disney, would it be easier to get to Versailles from there or from the city of Paris?
    Both is possible, and it depends on where in the city you are how 'easy' it is. Will you public transportation, a taxi / car service etc. Decide on where you would like to stay, go to Google Maps and see what you find doable. I think again, the city would be better.

• We would also like to see the Louvre, Notre Dame, and the Eiffel Tower. Does this trip sound doable?
    It is possible: If you see these three things on one day, one day for Versailles and one day for DLP, and it depends on when you arrive on Monday and leave on Friday, how much time you have for other things.

Last edited:

• I googled, and acccording to news articles Eurostar wasn't much effected by the strikes this year. If your train gets cancelled, get yourself rebooked to the next.

• Of course it's okay :) With DLP is easily reached by train (depending on where in Paris you are, you might need to transfer), if you are able to get around using public transportation in a big city, then you can manage Paris. With such a short trip I would definitely stay in the city. You won't have the magical hours, but during the week in May, you can get a lot done without them.

• Both is possible, and it depends on where in the city you are how 'easy' it is. Will you public transportation, a taxi / car service etc. Decide on where you would like to stay, go to Google Maps and see what you find doable. I think again, the city would be better.

• It is possible: If you see these three things on one day, one day for Versailles and one day for DLP, and it depends on when you arrive on Monday and leave on Friday, how much time you have for other things.
Thank you!!

We stayed in Paris for four days. We spent one day seeing Notre Dame and the tower and stuff in between, and one day going out to Versailles. We took the train to Disney and back two days.

I want to go to Disneyland Paris, was thinking one or two days of the trip. Would it be okay to stay at the same hotel in Paris and just take a train to Disneyland Paris or should we stay at one of the onsite hotels?
It is fairly easy to get to and from DLP from the city but does take a train ride. I would consider staying at one of the hotels for a night or two. That way you can truly enjoy the park and get the extra perks (extra morning magic hour is really worth it). In the evening the trains may stop running before you would be able to see Illuminations or the park at night, so you would need to leave earlier. If I was doing a brief stay, I would consider Disneyland Hotel. Yes, it is pricey, but the proximity is amazing!

We plan to go to Versailles as well, if you recommend staying onsite at Disney, would it be easier to get to Versailles from there or from the city of Paris?
Versailles is on the opposite side of Paris from Disneyland, so it would be a longer travel. Especially if you want to get there early to try and avoid some crowds.

We would also like to see the Louvre, Notre Dame, and the Eiffel Tower. Does this trip sound doable?
If that is what you want to do in Paris, then yes, it’s easy to do in 1 day.

So you would have 1 day Paris sightseeing, 1 day Versailles, 1-2 days DLP. Though I would say definitely do 2 days at DLP. The park is just so beautiful and detailed that only giving yourself one day would be a waste!

Why take the train back to London? You could just fly back home from Paris.
Flights are cheaper flying round trip instead of two cities. We'll have to compare costs with the train and travel time to see if it's worth the effort or not.

Versailles is on the opposite side of Paris from Disneyland, so it would be a longer travel. Especially if you want to get there early to try and avoid some crowds.
This is good to know so we'll get a hotel in Paris and travel to Versailles to cut down on travel time.

So you would have 1 day Paris sightseeing, 1 day Versailles, 1-2 days DLP. Though I would say definitely do 2 days at DLP. The park is just so beautiful and detailed that only giving yourself one day would be a waste!
We have enough time to do all that :) Thanks for the advice!

As others say, it is perfectly possible to visit Disneyland from a base in the city centre. However, I'd give another vote to staying onsite at Disneyland for a night or two if you can. My reasons are:
1) being in the Disney "bubble" is much better, in my experience
2) the perks of Extra Magic Hours and other things if you stay in a Disney hotel
3) (this is the main one for me) The trains to Paris at park closing time are really full and unpleasant, I have had to wait for an hour just to squeeze on a train before. After a full tiring day in the parks, this is not a nice way to end things, the slog back to Paris, and then usually getting the metro and/or walking to your hotel, feels really long at that time of night in my opinion. After doing this once, I've always opted to stay onsite. I often do 2 nights Disney/2 nights Paris

As for your other questions, you'll have loads of time to fit in everything you want to do - I'm sure it will be a wonderful trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!