Couples always get a bad table

jkwarmy

Earning My Ears
We have eaten in many of the restaurants, many times, and as a couple we always get a terrible table in an out of the way spot next to the kitchen or service area. It gets
annoying

We have eaten in many of the restaurants, many times, and as a couple we always get a terrible table in an out of the way spot next to the kitchen or service area. It gets
annoying
Do you ever ask for a good table?

annoying
Ask for a different table. I often get a table I don't like and I'm not shy about asking to be seated elsewhere if I'm not happy.

Ask for a different table. I often get a table I don't like and I'm not shy about asking to be seated elsewhere if I'm not happy.
At Disney TS restaurants, I suggest asking at check-in if possible, because sometimes they have to then walk you back to the host/ess stand, put you back into the queue, and reassign you. If you just tell them you'll wait for a better table up front, you'll save everyone (including yourselves) a lot of hassle. Currently you check in on the app, so just check in and then ask them for a good table. I always tell them I'm willing to wait longer if necessary, too. It could be a lot longer, currently, due to the lower capacity.

annoying

My complaint as a party of two is I feel like they tend to put parties of 2 at these small tables (meant for 2), which is fine, but you're like a 1/2 inch away from a table that seats 4. If you move the table a 1/2 inch over it can be added to a table of 4 to make a table of 6. That 1/2 inch spacing isn't really enough to feel separated from the other party next to you. It's so awkward! Add that to the fact that we aren't a big party and don't really ever order alcohol beverages and we're totally ignored by our waiters/waitresses. I've literally one time did not even get silverware before my meal had already come. "Is everything ok w/ your meal?" Um, I wouldn't know.

We’re a party of 9 at most meals in Disney and one time we had a party of 2 being led to a table very near ours. They looked at our group and asked the hostess to be seated elsewhere. I asked my dh, do we stink or something? Lol. We weren’t being loud or anything.I hope it was all the kids but you have to expect kids in a restaurant in WDW.

I thought they saved those tables next to the kitchen for single or a pair of women; I’ve eaten at a lot of them.

We never take a table we don’t like. We ask politely for another table that. Is empty or say we will be happy to wait. Restaurants have to give bad tables to someone but just not us.

We have eaten in many of the restaurants, many times, and as a couple we always get a terrible table in an out of the way spot next to the kitchen or service area. It gets annoying
I agree 100% but it comes down to asking when you check-in and then polietly decining if you get a poor location. I do suggest requesting it first so you give them the heads up. A good host will check the table before you are seated. My big issues are sitting next to the bathroom or the kitchen, just because of the busy foot traffic and noise.
We’re a party of 9 at most meals in Disney and one time we had a party of 2 being led to a table very near ours. They looked at our group and asked the hostess to be seated elsewhere. I asked my dh, do we stink or something? Lol. We weren’t being loud or anything.I hope it was all the kids but you have to expect kids in a restaurant in WDW.
It's not that you were loud, it's that most large families tend to be that way, and with a lot of kids it's just normal. I've sat next to some great large families, and some really awful out of control ones. So if I see a large group, kids or not, I generally ask to be seated at another table. I will say most good restraunts know this and avoid putting couples near such tables, Disney (of the past) just packed them in.

I usually travel with just my sister and we haven't had many issues with bad tables. The only one I can think of was at Liberty Tree, where we were practically in the walkway.

I usually go with my sister and I can't think of a bad table we've had--and we eat at a lot of TS restaurants. Perhaps, OP, you're just having some bad luck. Ask to be moved! Disney is very accommodating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!