CP with young ones

lmmollohan

Earning My Ears
We have a ressie for the 8:15 CP with dinner in France first with 3 kids...7, 5 and 2 1/2. We thought it sounded good but are now having 2nd thoughts about doing it with the kids. The CR said his kids do not do it well but lots of kids do. Any advice??

I would suggest you keep your reservations and play it by ear. For my youngest DD first time at CP, I made sure I had an aisle seat so that if needed, I could get up and walk away. It was not needed at all! She loved the show (and she actually took a little nap during it!). I've seen many younger kids there, and a few times, I've seen the parent have to leave if the child got a little restless. I would just be prepared for the "in case". Enjoy your show and dinner!

By the way, we're having dinner at Chefs de France and doing the 8:15 CP after - on Dec 6! When will yall be there? Hope to see ya!

We are bringing two 2 1/2 year olds. We realize we may need to exit if they get fidgety, but you never know with kids this age. They can be utterly amazing.

Good Luck!

iluvtig

We have ressies for Dec. 8th for dinner at Chefs De France at 5:30 and the 8:15 CP. It is just soooo much money. I have never seen the CP and I have never eaten at Chefs so this is all new. I just want to do what I think we will all enjoy the most while being at least a little careful about where we spend the cash.

I keep thinking that for almost the same amount of money we can hire a sitter and do an adult night out at Pleasure Island.

Guess I have some time to decide, they said I can cancel up to 48 hours in advance.

Thanks for the advice.

Lisa

My then-5 and 7yos slept through it. We'd had a long, full day at the parks with no real break, though. Maybe if your kids get a good nap in the afternoon they'd be able to stay awake and enjoy it. But then again, if they're the antsy type maybe you'd RATHER have them fall asleep! :)

I hate to admit it but last Dec my 5 & 7yos were bored and figity. After a full day in the parks they just couldn't manage that type of show. It also didn't help that they know Epcot very well and knew what they were missing. They wanted to see the acrobats, holiday storytelling etc. DH and I finally split up, he stayed at CP and I took the girls around WS to see the different stories, two days later we switched and met for ROE together. Luckily we did not do the dinner package, in early Dec last year we had no problem getting good seats "standby". HTH
TJ

I think our kids (DS 9 and DD 6) would be way too fidgety for the CP (based on their behavior weekly in church...) My question to those who have been--is it possible to enjoy the performance from outside the theater, or would we be missing too much "visually" if we elected to be outside? I was thinking we could grab a bite at the American pavillion and enjoy the performance while we eat...any opinions would be appreciated!

You would miss a little visually, but you would be able to enjoy the music. Not the worst option, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter