CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

I was hoping to not get one because the bathrooms are fully enclosed meaning the sinks were inside and therefore it was hard for 3 adults to get ready at the same time.

This is one thing I'm dreading at the Poly again...i hate when the bathrooms are enclosed.

Apparently the accessible rooms have automatic doors that stay open for about 30 seconds before slowly closing on it's own.

Soo...yeah. When mom and I ended up in the accessible CL room at the Poly i HATED the stupid door. Also, the roll in shower flooded our bathroom every time we used it. The back of the door was discolored where it had obviously been happening for a long time, which annoyed me more. We wanted to change rooms, I didn't even care about giving up the club level pixie dust. We ended up stuck though...we figured out a way to make the shower issue a little better but WOW did I ever hate that darn door!

I love how they have seasonal displays all the time, so there's something new to see!

Me too! I always say, "i'm just going to ride and not take pictures", and then they add something seasonal and adorable.

Back at DHS, back in Toy Story Land and finally we get to ride Slinky Dog!!

tA5KEMvQSD6UvZwTcrWIHdmGUGl4qlrRGc0xUsroGETjhAoSoW2Ultt_WpS1WPc4-JT85ug3AdeS-gBkepBhcXbxyrEGI20_s_8kmDStwEPXgDD87rtwIhV4ZPx9xq2OgCHvPRss6xCblg_kBzs2IPxAXHp4HtjejB5s0DQ1ZLl9d63tihDVZt7bnR2o1iubr_aMJdLPo8CHBWqQF-tNmuSA4OFglG3x7AbjAqpZOPlusEsjptt8YrTkwS2Qi7KmFSDSK9yLdQZcawbwpQfajl0s7j6MnsqeFOz1gcvhu7qAN_gxnxMlX5qc9Ez7vX1QWMFQr1dGLAZVIwfKBll_KGIBFsJUdDEHSpKK1fv76NacHb__bV_Ik9jc54foJg_ugm7qy5pPjLxOd2-egMqyStfCfAjXkbjVP8V9WPdqKTswijJeJLkHThGa3a4d_z5XXM0As_O50vSpdILAsbIhKcO7-NDqun73_EkAG1sGC2wpMwd5W6SW_Wgr2iI1Lu6bH6kMAoVdYdKAeqXxfuAmDr_xVe-yUXADJgOENG83Ik3m2qFxD-9IOBj0qUOF11cmStgcoT95prXItFnBjsHOVlngLKpULcK7Aw6gjC-I5HObnumGrKrrYtrHupc84Ngw=w601-h800-no

Yay!! I'm so excited for Slinky Dog!

I think I finally got my appetite back so we got the: "Totchos" Potato Barrels coated with Beef and Bean Chili, Shredded Cheese and signature Queso with Tomatoes and Corn Chips finished with Sour Cream and a sprinkle of Green Onions

A2shgJnaYru6mCRmr-sSLMDf1jv-G1dDPaOpmiFJxtsiUmex0Nm0XD_dv4blt6A1bxT1qPOggcRZq3TAF60MQzUaUoViBZCqWFw-Ix-NHgFDGZx5yT8FriG80_xXATOZiTvHtUI-SjKXns1hjaMrigOoBwC8oBvvhHOVutJjZTITm5iwj0gRZc_jc8W_jmyzcIE0Z5-4TLGmFmrg7RBI_nuv0J_X6w4z6ANy6cAljFYtM7TJuHZi8Em-8Bvzwfkn-2-ydKEc2eDErbi3pFjOC-zsHcyQKZ2vb_zI1SXtKoKxXF73ZMViYbdJn0OJcPTgS4aK9_h6E8V86o_s3ORIutkLyvn2TE8wSD0GqdVPz8OBEhjDcLWrGGxne8ujMQ-SzVcfTaUnXxmE2bZGb8_M9NDt5urLWkEFNUHYONkpNp1E6VCpCBWkmeGHO8BBcLGU1OjswCjaqo2iuz-oK_h17Xn7WAkO-V0j_FpFX9srh1CfRfzPx6V9OSUQfzgiGXcwkJHZVlC7JicyTc6BGW5AeeThPpngvAPBstg_GCqW0mjcEXpGH7LCS7bCCwV6zzmENna7vMakT3GJLd5O08n9SMJto_2zpGX3kfpe1eg9v1e95lM2LeHz8hRug5PxvvaU=w600-h800-no

I"m excited for these, too!! Hmm...maybe I should make some this weekend

This ride is exactly like Tomater's Junkyard Jamboree in Disney's California Adventure. It's really cute, you kinda get spun around, but it's not that dizzying, or at least not as much as you think! My sister loved this ride on Tomater and loved it here too! the music is so cute. It's like if Aliens were to have a hoe-down, it would be this ride.

At DCA inn 2016, the boys and I all crammed into one little Tow Mater car together, and it was hilarious and so fun! There's no way we'll all three fit now, but we're all looking forward to the Saucers.

*Su-Lynn pats herself on the back for clever TR title as others roll their eyes*

LOVE it!
Never looks at any itinerary/schedule wife puts together.

Well that's familiar...

Most importantly, I brought my refillable popcorn bucket, the one that is supposed to be never-expiring. I've had it almost a year and it is true, it has never been denied by a CM for refilling.

8O50WZlG7rM9g9QhuxY8gb32vWXuuQ3qWt4TFQbpQ_ShezBJMMXX_6kKMTjWqfCDonpYwqWdQlYgORLF5a2z4LUw5mo3mMC7gw-3pQnJV1gVGCD8UvIRu55-DaBaikZoVNyNnYxXCJcNa0mIVdPXF_g7kemT2WNEib1EURlQ1-ExPmstoFwTy68AQYaW4Emk-oqWO1ApE5lqDlHXVIj99KCB5V4NxVqAGUripXS2Q48k7-3bv_ZN63R8J76u0gXcujk5gG651nMWP_9YbJLqe_hsYzng7vs4-uDplMM0YMQjHYxrCEhehLMOn2DkGowSG9Zo0HIlZOz2GPQ5nASe10fQxrUu96OTbDjEajw6t1IfUgCx90V3toqddq_0Rshj9PmQEAfUSAXu8i7vrYfpS47eNjUB2biR3OjN98UV6m8065ZKgqE2oesB0IBJWyzBowauLYgdvpg7B6uRB4aydC6TgfZcnG2m2ZjK7QH59g-0SyHX8aAEyy97ANegWR1M7nRU0kQm6JAeVnVUAvMtNTRn4Q-TRTHT12jzDXcBiftKNvqDY2Ni-WgCfd4VHKW9-MyYD5aCZ0_gbBDJtMT5GVMVQL0jPSzLM5ZwYWUxN-C7IjYLIOjo2RkL7TdaLlIX=w472-h627-no

We have the same one! I'll just need to remember it. It's been very handy all summer for accumulating candy tossed at parades.

I have literally had "Shiny" stuck in my head for daaaaays! I finally get it out and you post this! :rotfl2:

Haha, sorry, but I had to, it was the first thing that came to mind when I heard "Shiny pennies" :rotfl:

Lumar used to do this too! We have like two books full of pressed pennies floating around somewhere.

My sister already has 2 filled at home and yet she wants more...even though I'm sure most of them are the same! She also got some for our nieces and nephew so she got tons and tons of coins.

We don't fly that often but I always consider enrolling in this just because getting Lumar through security is a trigger for my anxiety. It's always something with him! He can't get his shoes back on fast enough, he leaves something in the bin, he forgets to take his belt off, he "loses" his boarding pass in his pocket....

LOL Steve used to be like this when we first flew together but he's gotten much better since we travel so often now, and i'd get so annoyed if he didn't get with the program.

I need to remember to do this. We have bottles with filters so I don't care about the water delivery, but I feel like we never have anything to snack on when we're actually in our room and it would be nice to have a few things. Plus, being able to have things like contact lens solution and sunscreen shipped there for free instead of having to pack it in our suitcase would be so much more convenient. Also, I thought I would point out that I completely forgot that Bath Salts are like an actual real thing and not just a home-brewed concoction for creating zombies who eat people's faces off...so when you said you were getting bath salts to help you recover after a long day my mind went to a toooootally different place. I was like Su-Lynn, there are safer ways to unwind! :rotfl:

Haha you caught me...:rotfl:
OK I had no idea bath salts is another name for a drug so I had to google it and whoa that is crazy.
But my version is more like...from Basin or Lush, LOL.

I get that way too! I instantly feel the stress of everyday life just leave my body the second I see the archway! :cloud9:

I want to be in the Disney bubble!! Take me to the bubble! I never want to leave!

Only if we have luggage stored under the bus that he handles for us. I usually give $2/bag.

Same here ! :)

I have never been a soda drinker, but I somehow became addicted to Frozen Coke at WDW when we were there in October. Literally, every time we walked by Drinkwallah in AK, I was like "Oh look...a Drinkwallah..." I had Lumar believing that there were multiple Drinkwallahs because he didn't realize we'd turned around and were just passing the same one over and over specifically so that I could just keep getting another Frozen Coke :rotfl2:

Smart girl :)
You and CS can just circle Drinkwallah all day then!!

I soooooo feel your pain! I don't even bother wearing mine down when we're there. I shellac it to my head with gel and tie it up. I literally can't even deal with it :rotfl2:

I'm very self conscious about my head. I know it's just me, but I don't like the shape of my head, it's weird I know, but yeah I do end up wearing it up for half the time we're there because it's so hot!

Are all of their popcorn buckets refillable for eternity? Or was it just this specific one? Because.....I need to get one if I can keep using it year after year.

No not all of them, this one I got on the Marvel Day at Sea cruise and I was assured that I could use it at any Disney Park for all eternity. Well not in those words but it came across as such, and since the bucket I have is not sold in the parks, there's no way any of the CMs there would know if it had expired or not. I've used it since Oct 2017 and it's worked! Previously I'd buy the one at the parks but they only last for about 3-4 months and they made me buy a new one when they changed the color. Bummers. but good to know the cruise bucket does not expire! Hehe. I'm just trying to milk this bucket forever since Disney already takes so much money from me that I just want some 1.75 popcorn in return. Yes they raised the price from 1.50 to 1.75 per refill. :(

I am so stupid excited for the Skyliner. I don't know why, I have probaby ZERO reasons to use it. But the idea of it is so cool to me. Didn't they/don't they have one at the Bronx Zoo?? I swear I remember being on one there YEARS ago (like, probably 25+ years ago) but I can't remember if it was there or somewhere else

I don't remember the Bronx Zoo one but I think I ahve a picture when I was young on a cable car that looks like it would have been at the Bronx Zoo!
I lived on Roosevelt Island when I was very young and I remember riding the cable car back and forth all the time, it's much bigger than the mini cars that Disney will have but I thought it was a very cool way to get places!

You are an absolute fashion icon! :rotfl2: No, seriously, your dresses were ADORABLE and you have the BEST EARS.

Aww thank you Ali, you are very sweet.
I got my ears this time from Aloha Ears Design and they are interchangeable so I don't have to worry about bending or crushing them. :)

Yah, another trip report. My son and I collect pressed pennies too. We collect shiny ones for our trips. I hoard quarters too, but sometimes pick up rolls at the bank. I have learned the hard way after full body cavity searches from TSA to put my quarter rolls in my checked luggage. I only bring enough pennies and quarter for a day or two and put the rest in the checked luggage:sad2: You should see how much change I brought on our Disneyland trip. We barely got any pennies on the first one, so I was determined to get them all this time:rotfl2:I have even discovered that WDW and Disneyland have unique penny books. WDW has new ones now for each park. I just carry enough coins with me for the day though. Otherwise, it does get heavy.

Haha you too! I think if you're into the penny collecting you're REALLY into it. I think it's a great thing they have them at Disney Parks. Out of all the souvenirs we bought my nieces and nephew last year they took the top spot, I think because it's also so interactive.
I think next time my sister should probably check them in as well. I don't usually like to put cash in a checked bag but a roll of pennies is nothing so I guess if it gets stolen...oh well.

I recently have been looking for the ones before the early 80s that have more copper content. Well, my eyes are starting to get old and those pennies are always so dark and dirty. I am usually squinting or even lifting up my glasses to read the infinitesimally small year printed on them. Store clerks giving me the strangest looks. I'll even look in the leave a penny/take a penny dish at the register and switch out the good copper pennies for regular ones in my wallet:rotfl:

Looks like a good trip. We haven't seen Toy Story Land yet. Not until November.

Yeah! I told my sister that! She will try to find some of the older pennies but she thinks it's too much effort and I agree. I tend to pay with everything by CC so I never have cash or change on me so I don't look at pennies that often but I guess when you're on the hunt...it makes sense!!

I think you will really enjoy toy story land! Just like Mine Train, Slinky dog is a very approachable coaster and it's a lot of fun!

That just makes me laugh!

I had to...I can't mention the word Shiny and not put that in, LOL

I do the same - tip if I have a bag, otherwise I say thanks and keep walking!

Yes! I think us DISers know to do the right thing.

Of course she does!

Of course, because she cant' live without her pictures!

Yay! So excited for another chunky TR!

You and your sis are adorable with your Toy Story dresses.

Thank you so much!!

Whaaaat? It's purple for DVC?? I'm so excited for that!

I'm glad you got moved to another room. The combo of waiting on the door and the bathroom space would have been so annoying!

Yup according to the CM DVC means purple, unless she was lying to me and it means "Crazy person at Disney - keep an eye out for her" :laughing:

So glad we moved to another room because if I had to deal with that all week I would be so annoyed. Also, what if someone actually needed an accessible room? I think they should always have one on hand just in case...

Su-Lynn, you are too cute! I love how you've added vlogs to your TR's...

Thanks Jenny! I figured since I recorded so much video I'll try and include it here in case I don't get to create a full on vlog for this trip...

Sounds like a nice time in Epcot! I love your sister's dress!

Thanks! She got a ton of compliments on her dresses every day. I don't know how she's gonna top this trip...

I enjoyed watching your video of Tiffany! I had hoped to catch her on my trip last year but wasn't able to!

I was so happy to catch her, I usually miss her each year but this was the year!!

Awesome getting to do all 3 Toy Story rides that night!

It was great! Very fun land, not that big to get lost in but very cute.
Ahhh, I had your first posts multi quoted and was making replies yesterday. I come back to finish and now a new update! :faint:

oops sorry! :oops:

Who also likes to refer to herself in the 3rd person... :rolleyes1

Chunkymonkey agrees! :laughing:

I keep a portable suitcase scale in my carry on because all of my suitcases are pushing the 50lb mark.

Me too! I'm a fanatic about getting the weight of my suitcase just right!

Early! I realize it wasn't going in your car, but that's a step that I have a hard time with when waking up at 3:30AM.

Yeah I can see how that would be a big pain when you're tired and groggy!

That's a good idea! Though I still like the local grocery delivery service.

I would totally do garden grocer if we had more people or stayed in a DVC room because they have more variety of foods.

That could be one of the reasons that my luggage is so heavy. :rolleyes1 What brand do you order on Amazon?

I ordered little bath bombs - I believe they are the Whole Foods Fizzing Bath Bombs since Amazon now owns the whole world. they are cheaper than Basin's versions but I don't think quite as potent. I also like the Dr. Teals ones but in actuality any epsom salt that is the cheapest bag is what I would usually get.

We decided that after our trip to KC. For us it kills the whole day getting there so it really doesn't matter.

Yeah I think I'm more of a fan of getting in late the night before and spending the night at the airport hyatt.

Not when he breaks the scooter. But yes usually we do.

:rotfl:

At this exact time we were on the bus back to MCO. :sad:

Noooo.....:sad:

You look fine!

Thank you! My hair begs to differ but that's the reality of WDW in summer! My hair usually looks so much better in DLR!! :laughing:

Yay for just making it!

It was like we won a prize when he stopped counting right after us. :banana:

I don't know how she does it. I wear tank tops 3/4 of the year and I can only wear T-shirts from Dec-Feb. I don't know how she can wear that in that heat.

She is an extreme slave to fashion, but she does take the sweater off when there's no cameras around...or so she thinks (see latest post, LOL).

We are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary today and I told Fran she had two choices for dinner, Shabu Shabu or Teppan Yaki. She went with the former, so your update is going to make me want Teppan even more!

Happy Anniversary!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
I love Shabu Shabu even more than Teppan Yaki, but Shabu is better when the weather is cooler :thumbsup2

Glad you tried it. It is refreshing! And was a big hit with our table the day we did it.

I also love that Steve's drink is fancier than yours! he he

I love the idea of using fresh fruit!
Yeah that Steve...so high maintenance. :rotfl:

I feel like I felt the same way. I want to say I used some of the sauce that they give you for your meats to liven it up a bit.

Oh good maybe I'm not the only one, but I did appreciate that it wasn't too salty as a lot of Asian food can be. Better to add more sauce yourself than for it to be overly seasoned! I really liked the brown sauce they give you. Thought it went well with the steak.

I think we had the choice of a green tea ice cream, but maybe that was on the kids menu.... Probably. So, I guess ask next time. I can't image they would be against giving you ice cream instead. I want to say there was also vanilla.

I also didn't really love the cake options. Meh.

Ah I should have asked for ice cream! I think they would probably have been ok with it. I thought that is what I had gotten in the past, but oh well, I probably would have had like 2 bites and be done with it. I was not in the mood to eat at that moment anyways.

So, IMPORTANT question... Which do you think is better? Tiffany singing in Malls? Or Tiffany singing at EPCOT? Which is a "better" gig?

Definitely Epcot because then you can just go to the parks after, LOL. Although, singing and performing in that heat...it makes me faint just thinking about it, so maybe malls are not too bad afterall.
But I do think that people make the effort to go to the theater to watch her perform in Epcot (we sure did!) whereas malls, I would think most of the audience is made up of people who just happen to be shopping there that day! :laughing:

See, I keep thinking that they don't look that good to me.

They don't. I was hoping they would taste better than they looked but they really are just a glamorized pop tart and not that great. Maybe the bacon one is better.

Can't wait to try these!!!! Yum

These were good! Can't go wrong with tots and cheese!

Glad that you got the room situation figured out. Switching rooms is always a pain.

It is! Thankfully we did not unpack yet so it wasn't a big deal that night.

Toy Story Land looks os cute!

It's super cute and I love exploring new places at Disney! It was just super crowded during the day but calmed down a lot at night.

The constant thirst is pretty much how I felt in June, didn't matter how much water i drank, I was always dry.

I know!! I didn't understand how I could drink SO much water and yet feel like I was in the Sahara.

Glad they switched your room for you, the bathroom and door situation would have been rather annoying.

Yes I would have been so annoyed at the door situation, more so than the bathroom because we experienced it last year at the Poly, but the door...it was like watching paint dry waiting for it to close.

This is one thing I'm dreading at the Poly again...i hate when the bathrooms are enclosed.

Agreed! Unless I am solo!

Soo...yeah. When mom and I ended up in the accessible CL room at the Poly i HATED the stupid door. Also, the roll in shower flooded our bathroom every time we used it. The back of the door was discolored where it had obviously been happening for a long time, which annoyed me more. We wanted to change rooms, I didn't even care about giving up the club level pixie dust. We ended up stuck though...we figured out a way to make the shower issue a little better but WOW did I ever hate that darn door!

WOW you dealt with that for a week? That would have drove me nuts. Although I'm not sure if I would give up the club privileges for it or not! But I have never stayed club before, which is probably a good thing as I'd be spoiled.

Me too! I always say, "i'm just going to ride and not take pictures", and then they add something seasonal and adorable.

It's impossible to not take at least one picture on that ride!

Yay!! I'm so excited for Slinky Dog!

Such a fun and cute ride! Loved it!

I"m excited for these, too!! Hmm...maybe I should make some this weekend

Mmmmmm you totally should!

At DCA inn 2016, the boys and I all crammed into one little Tow Mater car together, and it was hilarious and so fun! There's no way we'll all three fit now, but we're all looking forward to the Saucers.

Hahaha, it's such a fun little ride, it's like all your worries go away and you're just being spun around carefree...

Thanks! :)

Well that's familiar...

Sigh, all the work we put into creating the schedule and yet they still ask "What time is XYZ?"

We have the same one! I'll just need to remember it. It's been very handy all summer for accumulating candy tossed at parades.

Yes! It can be a pain to carry at the parks but if you have a backpack that fits it, it's the best thing to munch on while waiting on rides or when you're seeing a show. :thumbsup2

Last edited:

I love your vlogs. I hope this doesn't sound weird, but your voice is very soothing.

Slinky Dog Dash looks so fun at night! I can't wait to ride it this December!

I'm glad you were able to get your room changed. That door sounds super annoying.

Food & Wine and Ohana on the same day? That sounds like an absolutely perfect food day to me! Looking forward to reading about it.

WOW you dealt with that for a week? That would have drove me nuts. Although I'm not sure if I would give up the club privileges for it or not! But I have never stayed club before, which is probably a good thing as I'd be spoiled.

yes, last October when I took my mom for F&W and the Halloween party...we were booked in a regular room and pixie dusted with club level. club level was fine, but I'd have rather had a regular door!!

[QUOTE="chunkymonkey, post: 59761792,

o1hxHGFDZVq_gMpnlfxj7zO_2MCaIUajpuWfPsvOO89NjTQS8NM1li8ghYg2N3pQKkfqtPCY7MOuO0HTt7bycbc3KO4R76P8m_w8SW_Ga30-lTIeu3FMKR4mExsRpoD5tMmpIUp2oQMEJOI91y13BsBfT6NGa6MpQL2aHQ9nxjkNfYdGQdV3nmSJlokwWpV9ZAJJ2OCWyT3-rqqUHyhCrc4Wl-GG40KbrjcH7hzeGwpjbQ8csEYCsESbnxSvNXeR9g2vUA5nF-y7H7khydY9oJsZKkh94RXesJQy5ZjqvwZWhikL3TAjoQEWLcFVXZFUOOatQTw5RidOhDnHNWF53WmiqvnCFrLjYJLN5q-rbG19G1TLNfTOSA5QIRl6Z0pY0koRSLbSBr-_rw2sB6qsic4IU6fI46wS7VdyIRJtAeCNqPVysBwj9s_3-erbgvQYy_sy5fYbxtih65smNGJJ4ni2cuAi9Rz0dlOpMODUscfG-uw_JjXkRWRDv8-xf9wDKJPV4-nB6uPHfxk1jkC2OukDdt1YNrzPKRQHS-Cbgz3DIv_ZLqTKxbmUgoep-56n2jmET-k9L_myq7d479ZOsjQyP-NWL55bFxirPyp8lJ3BPmuKvJb8Kg7rP_SjPYcZ=w600-h800-no

I think I finally got my appetite back so we got the: "Totchos" Potato Barrels coated with Beef and Bean Chili, Shredded Cheese and signature Queso with Tomatoes and Corn Chips finished with Sour Cream and a sprinkle of Green Onions

A2shgJnaYru6mCRmr-sSLMDf1jv-G1dDPaOpmiFJxtsiUmex0Nm0XD_dv4blt6A1bxT1qPOggcRZq3TAF60MQzUaUoViBZCqWFw-Ix-NHgFDGZx5yT8FriG80_xXATOZiTvHtUI-SjKXns1hjaMrigOoBwC8oBvvhHOVutJjZTITm5iwj0gRZc_jc8W_jmyzcIE0Z5-4TLGmFmrg7RBI_nuv0J_X6w4z6ANy6cAljFYtM7TJuHZi8Em-8Bvzwfkn-2-ydKEc2eDErbi3pFjOC-zsHcyQKZ2vb_zI1SXtKoKxXF73ZMViYbdJn0OJcPTgS4aK9_h6E8V86o_s3ORIutkLyvn2TE8wSD0GqdVPz8OBEhjDcLWrGGxne8ujMQ-SzVcfTaUnXxmE2bZGb8_M9NDt5urLWkEFNUHYONkpNp1E6VCpCBWkmeGHO8BBcLGU1OjswCjaqo2iuz-oK_h17Xn7WAkO-V0j_FpFX9srh1CfRfzPx6V9OSUQfzgiGXcwkJHZVlC7JicyTc6BGW5AeeThPpngvAPBstg_GCqW0mjcEXpGH7LCS7bCCwV6zzmENna7vMakT3GJLd5O08n9SMJto_2zpGX3kfpe1eg9v1e95lM2LeHz8hRug5PxvvaU=w600-h800-no

These Totchos were quite tasty and I enjoyed them a lot! Only gripe was that the tater tots could be cooked a tad longer so it's crispier but it all tasted great like an Americanized poutine LOL.

I also wanted to try the Raspberry Lunch Box Tart: Raspberry Marmalade stuffed Pastry coated in a Strawberry Fondant and Crispy Pearls

kxxtW6S26k05bZSf7noUlbtleC-hJ-dszW2Swte7Ac_S8gWNZBE8VuwvU7fvXJZe6wCRUsLOSBnaU1qZdvJXiz-q47R5qemV1edLMr0vLCmZm0lFk8FWz0BtSnn2g_f0QvpWZsMBeHge3XJ24sJOJRePm1L7qu0tG8Zx5FKFpU0a2D20r_aK5Qm10QfK2yEk5FqTY0HpC_Zz7NTeB-i8g7r7f9WVP6ZLspzKnvXxPuEmUKY7mYgnn0gtTnQxLWo1FXmOc43bgc84MT0cY_ZQnSZItGv_K7Lz6LUesOq8JX01-TPLPyj0pGQlt3kJp6usPM6d-NqM3_1gkNsCyi-yLD8cIcOHHyZLwJYyRuD6s7QzfSkh3TxDHbr85ZPsqyvTOVV0zz3aVoIZZ2zPJ-vaAHfn6GtCcuqnlASdbz4xV2a13iltAI-BVZLqmIHqRZqOnxmVyQxVHc7bofq6Wdn6rprLP9Bu9c2UCJhRurhPIxopRU1FqTGun9HQe0Ri3GyHFIi3Bjbffnq0eWIdlJ5aTE1INUGTwT9gVeJbMI39ML6TkHSuJS9u72qqLA4pDS4DzQ2kKazcI5eXKdRgfrl_znbuTT7kvCOjP5d0BtUg_sCCfdtCHcGWFAVMTmgAF0OU=w600-h800-no

OK this looked better than it tasted. It's a little better than a pop tart but not really. I expected a crust with better texture and I didn't get it. My sister was just so excited it had jam in it! Jam is one of her her favorite foods, LOL. I was done with about 2 bites. Next time I may try the other tart just to see how it compares but probably not for a while.

[/QUOTE]

I also had the Totchos and thought they were pretty yummy :).

They went to get stuff at the marketplace and CS really wanted a new pressed penny book. I was so tired, I could only manage a speed walk through. I realized that it was also the only time all day that I was alone, and it was really nice.
Do you happen to know how much a pressed penny book is? I found one of Amazon for $20. Wondering if I should buy it ahead of time or get one there??

That was one long, jam-packed (no pun intended!) day! No wonder you were so exhausted!

Were you in a regular BC room or in the Villas? I stayed there once in a regular room and I loved it…that lobby smells amazing! That door staying open like that would make me crazy too. Happy they were able to move you!

Loving your vlogs!

Loving your TR so far! September was too hot for us last year, going in three weeks and hoping for reasonable weather. Your dresses are so cute

Hmmmm, seems like you really didn't have the best luck at the resort! Between the accessible room not working very well for you guys, and then the weird TV issue. :confused3 But I guess those are minor issues in the scheme of things. Good that they finally were able to get you moved at least!

Also, I shouldn't have read this update hungry, because now all I want in life is Teppan Edo, and a side of those tasty-looking totchos. Too bad that you weren't feeling super hungry with the impact of the heat—I know EXACTLY how this feels, having done May and August trips the last two summers. Uggh.

Bummer on the accessible room. Of course they need to have them and I love how accessible Disney is overall but I would have been disappointed too. I haven't been to Teppan Edo in years... might be time to revisit. I'm also very intrigued by the new restaurant coming to the pavilion -- think it's a steakhouse? Ah, Steve and his hydroponics. How was his crop this year? I seriously think his basement garden is one of the best things I've ever heard. Alas, I am not very engineer/mechanically oriented and I have a black thumb of death so I don't think a garden of my own is in the cards. But I do love that ride. I am definitely putting totchos on my must-do list for my October trip!

Seriously, without a PM or heads up, I'm going to miss new threads. Every. Single. Time. So sorry, ChunkyMonster. ;)

I think our first stop was the Boardwalk, and the second was Beach Club! Question, do you guys tip the ME driver? I know it's not required but I always do when we have a bag stored under the bus.

Yes, I try to every time. Have a couple of dollars in my wallet already. Just for that.

We arrived at DHS and we had to go to the ticket counter to activate Steve's AP. Once we did that, we were good to go, but Steve only realized after he went through the turnstiles that he never got an AP card!

EEK! Need that!

YAY! You made it!

Yes it was 90 degrees, yes my sister is wearing a sweater. #crazyDISasian

tQbIdKa12-g2N2cTNezxlntEIUc0lbeT-Q0WOShjEW59abkgAhiWR5XGbdWj0PZO34_rCHnZ_7hA-GOpW33xD1Moiwohnefdy6OTrbFEk7uQvNpBPj8s4P_R_B-WLR2zneb1nMCyVeiXlrwk5DWd3Ni8XZaqDS0g8-_rBWYf_8by8uNlAP7jA7UmyejDRgibdNGp2OjvKo0M_CCJwIyJOr6GsASkoQTR5Gp8u2Os7xztYsTj2EMr3y4MsKbTx6iXuLWwL2pKFKwYewJvl738BA2FXoj5jWVYFtgc-yW5_BE7i5g2_Ht-ICia-m7JYAmp91kwMqZUJK33n0pm4f0kYHl7riMyhfvrSlFkGqiYvnYVg1JEwn7MByIXYG-AVB1EvbqNEdDFU0ImWBCKXZq5bEyr5TDQ14cXBxeOKe0XJYjz8l7iS98Keh_Lxjkg4S993-x32A2BeOfihg1Nb4FNpbHeV_PA3gT-J97cSL8QV3YEqbGXmZrCysQZX2Ku2sLqah8t-3plyWaGfbf_bOCSDgQ42n_ey4-pVaZKzLA6Q5yRGDGEXjFlC-IYGAv7e12f-WYLrG42vKW6kygqdLps0qLihQp_neoP7ofsl0YiUv3_dj_7CcxjF3m0QPrZi9wP=w800-h533-no

Super cute though!

Apparently the accessible rooms have automatic doors that stay open for about 30 seconds before slowly closing on it's own. Steve didn't know that and was trying to force the door shut only to have it pop back open and stay open, resetting for another 30 seconds. So after several minutes wrestling with the door he managed to get it closed shut. He didn't want to just leave with the door wide open, especially when we were so close to the elevators in a high traffic area. I figure I'd probably have to ask for a new room at some point that night because this wasn't going to work for us.

Yeah, I think with that many people, it just wasn't going to work- totally can see that. What a pain if you don't need it.

We were the only ones on the Eat to The Beat package and we were allowed to pick one appetizer, one entree and one dessert. We were also allowed to pick a beverage and our server said alcohol was included too!

Nice package! The alcohol included really makes it far more worth it.

So pretty! I love this display!

And...the front door was still open.

Again. :(

We only had 7 minutes to go upstairs and get our stuff out before they deactivated out bands, We called bell services and they came up and picked up all the water and amazon prime groceries we got, all our bags, and headed downstairs.

Umm, that's not very long at all. Ruuuuuuuuuuun!

Steve, who had gone to the room first, texted and said that the room we were given was on the 3rd floor, very close to the elevators, and was an accessible room. I was hoping to not get one because the bathrooms are fully enclosed meaning the sinks were inside and therefore it was hard for 3 adults to get ready at the same time.

Huh. You'd think that you'd have to specifically request an accessible room. I mean.. how many can they have?

I got another text from him saying the door wouldn't close. "What do you mean the door won't close?" "It won't close!" was his reply.

Oh no!

Apparently the accessible rooms have automatic doors that stay open for about 30 seconds before slowly closing on it's own.

Oh. Still... sheesh.

My youngest DD and I had a really nice time here. I'd go again. :)

We were also allowed to pick a beverage and our server said alcohol was included too!

Nice!

The grapefruit shandy! Beer is served in a glass with half a grapefruit and a juicer, you juice the grapefruit and pour it into the beer for a fresh fruity finish.

Not a beer drinker, but... that looks really cool!

Steve got one of the martinis. His drink is girlier than mine!

:laughing: I'd be right there with Steve. ::yes::

<glug><glug><glug>… still... thirsty...

I got my filet medium rare.

Good. That is the correct way. :snooty:

For dessert, CS and I both got the green tea cake, and Steve got the ginger cake. We were not impressed with the desserts at all and would definitely skip them,

Hmmm... they look pretty good. Too bad.

Ah yes... not at all surprised she went off to do that. :)

I didn't know she was still performing. Huh!

she must have been so hot in her leather jacket, she was dripping sweat by the end of her set.

Ew. But... the show must go on.

We open the door and walked into the cool air-conditioning. Aaaaah. We plopped on the bed. Aaaaah. I let out a sigh...Aaaaahhh

And...the front door was still open.

:sad2:

So we timed it and it's seriously about 30 seconds of waiting until it is fully closed. You can't just walk out and close the door. You had to walk out, and stand there and wait for it to close, and it's the slowest door ever. Creak....creak...creak....close. Then you had to test it to make sure it's closed because I don't know about these automatic doors, and since we were near the elevator, there's no way I'm leaving that door open for anyone to come in so someone HAD to make sure the door was closed after we left. Imagine how crazy annoying this would be if you're coming and leaving all day. I said I would request a new room.

I would think so!

Back at DHS, back in Toy Story Land and finally we get to ride Slinky Dog!!

Yay!

Great shot. :)

This ride is so much fun!!! It's so cool to ride something for the first time in Disney World! We all loved it and thought it was awesome!

Glad to hear! Haven't heard too many reviews yet.

Hmmm... don't know if I'd order that... maybe?

I also wanted to try the Raspberry Lunch Box Tart: Raspberry Marmalade stuffed Pastry coated in a Strawberry Fondant and Crispy Pearls

That sounds good, but...

OK this looked better than it tasted. It's a little better than a pop tart but not really.

… such a shame. Oh, well. Plenty of other treats out there.

I headed straight for the front desk to see if they could do something about our room. I basically said we did not request an accessible room and that it wasn't really going to work for us. After 20 very long minutes of "we are currently very full at the moment" and "let me see what I can do" and "let me speak with my manager for a bit" and a lot of clickity-clack on the keyboard, we were able to be moved from the accessible room to a 1st floor standard room very close to the Marketplace. Yay!

Good! Glad you could make the switch.

we found out later on that our TV was a bit on the fritz. Like, it would be ok for 20 minutes then it would get this weird fractal look on the picture. It was annoying but we barely watched TV so we didn't bother to mention it ultimately.

:sad2: Ah well.

I forgot to mention I already got asked 6 times today "What time is lunch?" :headache:

:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!